The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

Thanks all for the congratulations!! Must be my lucky day, got home after getting this job and got a call from another one I had applied for. Discussed it with the guy and decided I would not pursue it. Funny, I have been trying for months and then two call...hey maybe I will get lucky and hit the lottery tonight...:P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

I had been laid off for the longest damn time, when I finally got a job I liked, I started getting calls from headhunters asking me to interview. I thought to myself, "where the fuck were you people 2 years ago?"

You can thank Obama for all the job offers...........;)....................:lol:

7 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

I had been laid off for the longest damn time, when I finally got a job I liked, I started getting calls from headhunters asking me to interview. I thought to myself, "where the fuck were you people 2 years ago?"

It's always been that way for me. Whenever I am looking it takes a while, then as soon as I accept a job, they all start calling....:P

3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

You can thank Obama for all the job offers...........;)....................:lol:

Actually I can thank the incompetence of the 2 people before me who got fired while I was a temp. 

Net job gain under Obama: -1. :P

Just now, AxlisOld said:

Actually I can thank the incompetence of the 2 people before me who got fired while I was a temp. 

Net job gain under Obama: -1. :P

you had headhunters calling you because jobs were available so I would say it is Obama +more than 1...;)..

In any case back on topic I love hearing people here finding jobs and wish you all luck....

21 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Wow...things moving right along with new job...passed background check and drug test..go in tomorrow afternoon for orientation. ;)

Congrtulations! Many people on this forum wouldn't pass a drug test, so that's something!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Congrtulations! Many people on this forum wouldn't pass a drug test, so that's something!

Well considering I moved back to Atlanta last year to help my 86 year old mother after my dad died and had been away from here for 30 years and all my old friends are gone from here and the fact I knew I would have to take a drug test to get a job, it was easy. Never really was into harder drugs because even prescription drugs give me weird side effects. But I have smoked weed since I was 13 or 14 and did until I moved back here...and quite honestly would live to have some right now...but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get a job. :wacko:

• Like 3

Interview done. It looks like a brilliant place to work. I remembered my power poses and didn't stutter too much when presenting my work. Got to say everything I wanted to, friendly people there. Rewarded myself with a café lunch afterwards. 

They have 5 more people to interview, then I find out if I make it to the second interview. Just hoping that the other five don't have my charisma, charm, good looks, experience and talent. :P 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Interview done. It looks like a brilliant place to work. I remembered my power poses and didn't stutter too much when presenting my work. Got to say everything I wanted to, friendly people there. Rewarded myself with a café lunch afterwards. 

They have 5 more people to interview, then I find out if I make it to the second interview. Just hoping that the other five don't have my charisma, charm, good looks, experience and talent. :P 

Good luck Gracii!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Much luck to you! Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Once again, didn't get the job. They had loads of positive feedback, but said other candidates had more experience. Which is annoying as they could read how much experience I had from my CV, without having to bring me in for a big scary interview. 

OH NO!! so sorry to hear that @Gracii Guns I thought it all sounded quite promising for you. At least you got an interview out of it so more you gain more interview experience. Next time will be the one i'm sure :hug:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Once again, didn't get the job. They had loads of positive feedback, but said other candidates had more experience. Which is annoying as they could read how much experience I had from my CV, without having to bring me in for a big scary interview. 

So sorry to hear that..keep your chin up you will find one I have confidence in you:hug:

• Like 1

Potentially big job opportunity for me. Not so much financially (although its much better), but much better for my school and band schedule. I shadow the position on Friday. Its as a surgical assistant

On 3/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, Wagszilla said:

I got a new gig. Woot.

Awesome! Where?