The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

You have been lecturing us Europeans about Europe since the ifrst day you joined this place. You have been on holidays in France, you obviously know better than me. :rolleyes:

Um.....WHAT?

I know you hate me TWD, but seriously you make up some funny shit, you do.

So, just today:

"After dinner the Italians will drink a macchiato or espresso (never cafe latte or capuccino), but they believe it 'rounds off' a meal properly. They will then drink more wine if they want. But coffee is inclusive, not an alternative."

And what's that shit about hate? I've been equally an asshole with many people but they didn't react like little kids. Perhaps is your huge lack of self confidence and your desire to project certain cool image on the Internet. But this is just that, the Internet, you're in your 40s, and you're not the centre of the Universe, get over yourself.

Guest Len B'stard

You have been lecturing us Europeans about Europe since the ifrst day you joined this place. You have been on holidays in France, you obviously know better than me. :rolleyes:

Um.....WHAT?

I know you hate me TWD, but seriously you make up some funny shit, you do.

So, just today:

"After dinner the Italians will drink a macchiato or espresso (never cafe latte or capuccino), but they believe it 'rounds off' a meal properly. They will then drink more wine if they want. But coffee is inclusive, not an alternative."

And what's that shit about hate? I've been equally an asshole with many people but they didn't react like little kids. Perhaps is your huge lack of self confidence and your desire to project certain cool image on the Internet. But this is just that, the Internet, you're in your 40s, and you're not the centre of the Universe, get over yourself.

Tell me, whats behind your desire to provide psychoanalytic assessments of the people behind internet posts cuz you do it quite a bit...and the more annoyed you sound the more you do it.

Are we still allowed to post about job hunting?

I'm really just looking for any job possible for the summer. I finish finals by May 28th, so I've started applying to a few places. I haven't heard back from any yet, though. :(

Gonna go hard applying this weekend. I figure I should start looking at internships during my next break from school, but for this summer I'm fine working any old job.

I've been very lucky in this aspect in that I had no problems finding a job last time I was looking though I did delay for a long time because I thought I was lacking in experience.

Anyway when I thought what the hell and put a CV online I got two or three phonecalls a day from recruiters wanting to know what I was looking for.

Got invited to four interviews in the first couple of weeks and accepted a new job less than a month later.

Guest Len B'stard

I've been very lucky in this aspect in that I had no problems finding a job last time I was looking though I did delay for a long time because I thought I was lacking in experience.

Anyway when I thought what the hell and put a CV online I got two or three phonecalls a day from recruiters wanting to know what I was looking for.

Got invited to four interviews in the first couple of weeks and accepted a new job less than a month later.

Alright you smug bastard, do you walk past the Labour Exchange waving your pay packet too, you thoughtless cunt :lol:

Alright you smug bastard, do you walk past the Labour Exchange waving your pay packet too, you thoughtless cunt :lol:

This is also coming from the guy who was smug at the fact that if he wanted to his previous company could have paid for him to do a PhD :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

This is also coming from the guy who was smug at the fact that if he wanted to his previous company could have paid for him to do a PhD :lol:

But being a foul northern manure bag once he's studied enough to get the coin rolling in he don't give a flying fuck about the intellectually enriching aspects of education...they say a mans actions eventually expose his class, no matter how hard he tries :lol:

• Like 1

But being a foul northern manure bag once he's studied enough to get the coin rolling in he don't give a flying fuck about the intellectually enriching aspects of education...they say a mans actions eventually expose his class, no matter how hard he tries :lol:
A PhD is pretty much meaningless in most cases in my field. Chartership's where it's at and that's mostly experience related. We get a lot of Drs in the research and development side of things but not Engineers as a rule.

Yeah, that's what's getting me about the internship I applied for...I spent 2 weeks with them, got on really well with everyone and the guy who is in charge of the internship applications was really encouraging me to go for it. He was emailing back and forth with me being really nice, answering any questions I had, and emailed right away to say he'd received my application and would speak to me soon.

And I've heard nothing since :shrugs: Closing date was in March, I emailed him a couple of weeks ago just to see if he had any update as I'd heard nothing, and I haven't even had a reply to that. All I want to know is if I'm still in the running and it's just going to be a longer wait, or if it's a 'no' and I can move on.