The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

Honestly I considered purchasing a van and just traveling around and sleeping in it.

I'm afraid that paying rent is an unwise decision for me due to the fact my crippling anxiety prevents me from holding a job long. I usually crumble under pressure and leave a company within three months. Terrible track record.

I'm fortunate that I have built up a tremendous savings account. It is a tough life!

Looking for a new job. I had an interview yesterday with Planet Fitness. $8/hr to clean stuff. Don't really like it, but it might be better than what I've got. We switched contracts today and my new manager is a complete megacunt. She's trying to get my supervisor to write me up for being on the Internet on a day she wasn't even in charge yet.

Dang, I think am about to be a cop. :o

synnyDRE as a cop never saw that coming

Doesn't seem to have the right temperament to be a cop. His "whiteys are bad" attitude and degrading comments about women wouldn't seem to benefit a person needing to make split second decisions on a crime being committed. Not to mention the lying thing when he claimed to have written that political paper a few years ago. Edited by Apollo

Dang, I think am about to be a cop. :o

synnyDRE as a cop never saw that coming

Doesn't seem to have the right temperament to be a cop. His "whiteys are bad" attitude and degrading comments about women wouldn't seem to benefit a person needing to make split second decisions on a crime being committed. Not to mention the lying thing when he claimed to have written that political paper a few years ago.

You're saying he is overqualified?

• Like 1

OK so I'm living with my grandmother right now.

It is not what it seems. I work two jobs so I am barely there anyway.

I want to move out but my extended family is encouraging me to take care of her and keep her company.

I don't pay rent so basically I just save up my money. I swear to God my only expenses are gas, beer and fast food.

I don't really know what to do with it. I don't want to spend it on a car, I just took the trip of my life a month ago, so I've decided to psy it forward. I gave my brother $100 the other day and took grandmother out for dinner.

Im handling my grandparents business, they have given me a room to stay and im provided with food, all bills r paid by them, they only give me $200 per month.......for my "personal" expenses and keep on making issues over everything If i go out for dinner or movie or anywhere, I always wanted to help them out, So should I look for another job, but If i do that then ill have to rent a place and it will be expensive, so well im stuck

This is why I need to work until I literally 1) die or 2) cannot work any longer.

If I'm not working I waste away sipping beer or dwell on negative thoughts. Like today after work in the bathtub I saw a spot on my leg and then I literally flipped shit because now I'm all paranoid that it's skin cancer. I fucking get all worried about dumb fucking shit all the time.

So I may as well just work all the fucking time and make money - even though I barely spend it.

Well that's a lie. It feeds my alcoholism and fast-food addiction.

I must be an adult now.

My job search has gone from bad to worse. This week my portfolio website was hacked. So even if there were any jobs worth applying to, I couldn't apply without my portfolio. It will take quite a bit of work to get going again.

I do have a phone chat with a potential employer this week, but am not counting on it amounting to anything. And my recruiter has applied to a job for me in Bradford, but again, my chances are slim.

So to conclude this job search, I've decided to go freelance. I am setting a plan in motion. My husband now had a job which pays enough to cover our bills, and I'll take a part time job to guarantee a little income. I think I'll be happier this way.

I'm hoping to be open for full-time business this summer. Until then, I'll be trying to get a few more clients on my books.

So after all this palaver of quitting my job to freelance, I've been invited for an interview for a job which I applied to at least a month ago. It's a web design job, and although I spend my life doing digital design, it's not exactly web design, so there will probably be someone there with a better hand to play.

I'm also looking for city-centre office space. Ideally, we need to meet someone who owns a shop or cafe and doesn't use the upstairs.