The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

• 1 month later...

They're filming this fight scene for Blade IV tomorrow night in this club in London; and my friend's invited me along to be an extra with them.

Have to dress decently and wear certain colours.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I just got a new job, I have 2 jobs now. Yaya, Signed off, getting my P45 through the post.

Labourer in construction.

11412126_10207181576808364_5995840244539

First day on the job.

Them glasses don't half make you look a fuckin' soft lad, take em off :lol: They rob you that air of early 90s rave era pillhead that you wear so well :lol:

Had an interview today. They said that my personality was "so far unproblematic" but they wish my experience was in retail rather than publishing.

I'm getting so tired of interviews. It's always middle aged white men who rarely are designers themselves. Maybe running my own business will give me the chance to treat people like people. My hairdresser this morning remembered where I'm at in my career. Those two guys didn't seem interested.

At least I have an unproblematic personality.

Edited by Gracii Guns

Them glasses don't half make you look a fuckin' soft lad, take em off :lol: They rob you that air of early 90s rave era pillhead that you wear so well :lol:

Len the Estate Agent giving advice on dressing macho.

:P

Excuse me my dear but in the field of sartorial elegance I'm a God, alright? Stone washed dungarees, shell suits, off the peg St Michaels suits, I'm a style guru :lol:

Nah, you're right, we do look a pack of cunts don't we, with our spikey gelled hair and branded wanker mobiles :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Excuse me my dear but in the field of sartorial elegance I'm a God, alright? Stone washed dungarees, shell suits, off the peg St Michaels suits, I'm a style guru :lol:

Nah, you're right, we do look a pack of cunts don't we, with our spikey gelled hair and branded wanker mobiles :lol:

You all have names like Dominic too. Even you Asian chaps say "call me Dom!"

You all have names like Dominic too. Even you Asian chaps say "call me Dom!"

In my defence no cunt can pronnounce my real name soooo :lol: In fact, some firms insist you don't use it. When i was young, like 15 i got a job selling double glazing, you know those annoying bastards that bell you up in the middle of Corrie and make you drop a soggy biscuit in your tea? Well I was one of them. For 2 days anyway :lol: Anyway, i signs up right and the fella goes 'don't use your real name please? think of something reassuring'. So i got on the blower like 'Hi, Winston Churchill here, calling for Weatherseal windows, can i ask how long it's been since you had your windows changed?'.

Well he did say reassuring :D

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

They're filming this fight scene for Blade IV tomorrow night in this club in London; and my friend's invited me along to be an extra with them.

You sure it's for Blade IV and not something else? :lol:

Also I had an interview today for a new job in Virginia. Hope it works out. No weekends or holidays.

You sure it's for Blade IV and not something else? :lol:

Also I had an interview today for a new job in Virginia. Hope it works out. No weekends or holidays.

Well, I thought it was yesterday, but it's tonight; some nightclub around London Bridge, Blade IV fight scene shoot.

I've just got a 2nd job. From the weekend after next I'm gonna be a takeaway delivery driver from 5.30pm till 1 am. 9-5 all during the week then doing that on the weekends. I've got my first kid being born in the winter so gonna use my wages from the Chinese takeaway gig to go towards a loft conversion. Can't wait to be honest, can't smoke at home anymore so gonna take the opportunity to have a few crafty fag and steal the odd chicken ball while I'm working.

Plus I've ordered enough takeaways to know the scams, meal comes to £17 they give you £20 and you go "oh sorry my change is all back in the car give me a sec" more often than not I'd be pissed up and just let them keep the twenty.

• Like 1

leaving out now.

Am going to go via barber, am still going to arrive early, but better waiting around there early than waiting around here to go out with a chance of late added.

Pity the vampire who bites you Snakes. Does Hep C kill Dracula? :lol: