SLASH : "Velvet Revolver has lead singer audition coming up"

I don't know who is the lead singers they are considering, but I really don't think it's going to be another singer from a band on the rise since, well, that band is on the rise. The reason why VR worked well in its formation because STP was not working at the time. As a result, singers like Corey Taylor, Myles, M. Shadows, Lzzy Hale, Chester Bennington may not accept the offer since they are busy with their respective bands that are gaining traction.

Edited by Anguyen92

There are a lot of great singers out there, Ivan Moody, even if he's in a project that's doing really well and it's way more agressive than VR, his clean voice is amazing and would do great in VR rockers.

Johnny Solinger, the ""new"" guy from Skid Row has a good voice for VR, that'd piss off Bach so much.

Myles Kennedy has a nice voice, he can do the job well, it won't be MY personal favorite, but I would understand him there.

John Cooper? What about him? He has a powerful voice.

Still... I think Weiland is the best option, VR is NOT a project of the guys plus a singer as they want us to think, I see it as a full project, and Weiland is a part of it, his voice goes very well with the short-rockerts here.

Imagine VR as opener for GnR

Then they could have one big jam at the end of the GNR set where everyone comes out and play Paradise City and have this forum crash (in a good way) because of the excitement. It's ok to dream like that, right?

Edited by Anguyen92

M Shadows is a great singer, clearly Axl influenced, Avenged get a lot of shit cause their guitarists look like Ashba and a lot of people who like crap corebands like them but their stuff is damn unique apart from the odd pantera/tallica rip, catchy like Guns stuff was but got a real solid groove and little nuances running thru. I wouldn't want him in VR and doubt he'd go awol on such a great gig he has.

City of Evil was one of the great rock records of the 2000's. Avenged just never really followed up on their promise, though Nightmare was a decent record.

Corey Taylor was the only other singer I was alright with continuing VR with. Him or Scott. Regardless if it's not either of those lets just drop it and give us the Corey Taylor demos.

at this point a reunion with scott is most likely tbh, but that would only be if he lives long enough to eventually sober up and get himself on the right path.

Slash has said he can't/won't (can't remember his exact word) work with Scott professionally, so I don't see that as likely. he did that one night for 4 songs, but not as a long term working relationship. Slash has also said that they're looking for someone who will be 24/7 VR which Myles would not with AB consistently picking up steam. thus Myles isn't an option either.

at this point a reunion with scott is most likely tbh, but that would only be if he lives long enough to eventually sober up and get himself on the right path.

Slash has said he can't/won't (can't remember his exact word) work with Scott professionally, so I don't see that as likely. he did that one night for 4 songs, but not as a long term working relationship. Slash has also said that they're looking for someone who will be 24/7 VR which Myles would not with AB consistently picking up steam. thus Myles isn't an option either.

people say a lot of things. if the circumstances are right and scott is no longer a junkie alcoholic (which is what caused his fallout with VR) it wouldn't surprise me if they regrouped. then again, who's really clamoring for a reunion? they were kind of a supergroup fluke, which i hate to say because i like both their albums, but it was clear based on Libertad's sales that most people had kind of moved on from the concept after Contraband. their fanbase was mostly made up of fans of GN'R and STP, and i think those respective fans would rather see a reunion for those bands before a reunion for VR, gnomesayin?

Don't get me wrong though, i'd love an eventual third Scott-fronted VR record. but i very much doubt it will ever happen, and I think the chances are even slimmer of a non-Scott VR record.

I dont think he likes Duff playin with GNR so he'd probably be a bit more into getting VR going again.

this

the new singer gonna be probably Myles lol

see my post above. not going to be Myles.

aside from what I said above, if it was going to be Myles it would've been done already.

Edited by uctalum01
  • Like 1