Most insecure fanbases

bacardimayne

I think in both LZ's and MJ's cases are that these things are so overused that they become annoying. It's like when there's one joke that everyone makes and they each think they're original and funny and after you've heard for the thousandth time you just want to punch the next person who says it in the face. With a chainsaw.

Without a doubt, nuGNR fans are the most insecure.

I once saw a Zeppelin fan get mad because someone said they liked Black Sabbath but not LZ.

:max:

Was that you? :lol:

Dunno. Certainly not defensive, or insecure about it -- just surprised.

And I was talking about LZ plagiarism back in 1991 :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

You mean there were mediums of communication before the Internet? How does that work?

We hung out in front of our lockers and talked. :shrugs:

Until the big lads went by, rammed your heads into them and repeatedly thumped the back of your head til you dropped and they spat on you whilst walking off, goin' 'fuckin' greasy metallers' :lol:

Zeppelin is the greatest band in the world and all of you who disagree are uneducated idiots! :awesomeface:

Seriously, they are my favorite band though.

And I would say "anime" fans, they get downright weird

If we are talking just about music then GNR

• Like 1

Without a doubt, nuGNR fans are the most insecure.

Definitely this.

From my experience, Pink Floyd fans are insecure and incapable of befriending. They are also void of coherent thought.

Fuck you and your good for nothing hairy stomach mom. :max:

(j/k, but I do love Floyd)

Edited by username
  • Like 1

nuGNR fandom is a cult, but not in the happy-clappy way that Springsteen fandom is.

I like NIN but some fans hail everything Trent produces as absolute genius. Guess it's the same with any artist/band.

• Like 1

If MJ fans are insecure it's probably because he's been called everything from a pedophile to an anti-semite, a Nazi sympathiser, a drug addict and even an animal abuser.

If everything he had been accused of was true MJ would make Hitler look like the shy and retiring type.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

I like NIN but some fans hail everything Trent produces as absolute genius. Guess it's the same with any artist/band.

This always annoys me too. You have them in every fanbase. People who blindly worship everything a band or artist does. It annoys me to no end because it seems like they've lost the ability to think and/or have an opinion for themselves. I can't stand that. You have them here. And I agree that NIN has a lot of them too.

Also, Dream Theatre fans seem to piss me off for sort of the same reason. They often seem like a bunch of superiorist music nerds. If you don't like them, you just don't understand the technical complexity of their music. I hate that attitude.

You mean there were mediums of communication before the Internet? How does that work?

Tell me more. The culture of these ancient civilizations fascinates me.

I also think Slash fans deserve a mention here. Their constant need to remind everyone that it's a great time to be a slash fan seems to be more them trying to convince themselves. That and how they always try to deflect heat towards a dead cover band fronted by fat Axl for some reason.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

- People who only listen to one genre of music

- People who use the word "hipster" in music debates

- People who constantly need to remind others how much they dislike a particular band/artist

- People who need to draw something on MS Paint in order to show how much they dislike a band/artist.

• Like 2

Tell me more. The culture of these ancient civilizations fascinates me.
If you wanted to call someone on the phone, you had to be home at your house, and they had to be home at their house -- at the same time!

- People who constantly need to remind others how much they dislike a particular band/artist

#OneException #Demented #Swag #ConquerTheWorld #KeepGettingBulliedAt40

But generally, I'd agree with this rule.

Edited by username