Most insecure fanbases

bacardimayne

any fan or fanbase that brings up justin bieber, miley cyrus or katy perry to prove some non existent point

It's always cringey seeing comments like that from "alternative" 14-year-olds on YouTube ("my friendz all h8 ac/dc fuck dem dey dont no real music"; "mom get me a shotgun so i can kill all 27 ppl who dislyk dis song"). Especially because I know I'd have made them myself at that age :facepalm:

• Like 1

any fan or fanbase that brings up justin bieber, miley cyrus or katy perry to prove some non existent point

It's always cringey seeing comments like that from "alternative" 14-year-olds on YouTube ("my friendz all h8 ac/dc fuck dem dey dont no real music"; "mom get me a shotgun so i can kill all 27 ppl who dislyk dis song"). Especially because I know I'd have made them myself at that age :facepalm:

Or 40 year old Nobody puts baby in a corner fans who think there are only 4 artists currently releasing music.

• Like 1

Or 40 year old Nobody puts baby in a corner fans who think there are only 4 artists currently releasing music.

that's what I meant, in my confusing way

Axl fans without a shadow of doubt. But credit where its due, they get humiliated almost everyday and they're still defending their idol. Nobody would put up with loads of shit like they do. They submit their lives into the lowest point of shit you can imagine just to support Axl.

STANGER is a pretty hilarious album but The Unnamed Feeling is decent (tho repetitive like the rest of the accursed thing) and Sweet Amber has a decent second half. All Within My Hands has some nice parts too.

Invisible Kid is definitely in the top 10 worst songs ever

some of St Anger has good parts but the songs never seem to go anywhere and if they do, they go on for fucking ever

Axl fans without a shadow of doubt. But credit where its due, they get humiliated almost everyday and they're still defending their idol. Nobody would put up with loads of shit like they do. They submit their lives into the lowest point of shit you can imagine just to support Axl.

u forgot piece of shit

There are some good riffs and parts there such as the 'Some Kind of Monster' main riff, but all of the song have this numetal garbage in: ''let's throw five minutes of boring riffs in the middle''. Terrible album. And although Democracy is not a very good album, St Anger makes it look like Electric Ladyland. At least Democracy has 'Better' and 'Twat' and is splattered with a few decent guitar solos.

I agree. Axl regularly has a gigantic shit on their heads yet they continue to come back for seconds. For perseverance, you have to give Axl/Nugnr fans credit.

Since both of you are obviously reffering to me, let me clear a few things up...

1. I am 32 years old, not 40.

2. I graduated HS in the year 2000, so that would technically make me part of the first generation of the 2000, not some "40 year old shit rock fan."

3. If current musicians had real talent, they would let their talent speak for its self, not hide behind autotune and other studio gimmicks. I'm sorry but I personally have 0 respect for singers that need help reaching the appropriate pitch, not when singers had been able to do it for centuries based on talent.

4. As far as hip hop goes, it's not my fault that Tupac and Biggie died and took all good rap with them, because what we call hits today, wouldn't even of made it into the top 50 back in the 90's.

5. As far as you younger kids go, it's not your fault that your generation would rather communicate via technology than in actual person. I don't blame people for the times they live in, but I also am not going to sit here and listen to how someone thinks they know everything about the 80's or 90's just because they listened to the music or watched the hit movies. It takes a lot more than being able to quote 80's movies to understand the times.

Oh and one more thing, I am currently writing this from my 2,300 sq ft house with 3 bath rooms, 4 bed rooms, hot tube room, finished basement with a recording studio, on 2 acres of land, bulit in 1998. My point? I didn't just talk the talk, I walked the walk. I went out into the REAL world and earned my shit. I worked for it. So I'm gonnna be damned if I'm going to be rediculed by some snot nosed punk living in his parents house.

Edited by Mike420
  • Like 3

Guest Len B'stard

So basically a bunch of people that come to a website designed for discussing music actually despise about 80% of what discussing music entails, right, OK :lol:

There are some good riffs and parts there such as the 'Some Kind of Monster' main riff, but all of the song have this numetal garbage in: ''let's throw five minutes of boring riffs in the middle''. Terrible album. And although Democracy is not a very good album, St Anger makes it look like Electric Ladyland. At least Democracy has 'Better' and 'Twat' and is splattered with a few decent guitar solos.

Watched the Some Kind of Monster doc and the whole attitude that Hetfield had about not having guitar solos in any of the songs was retarded, the argument that having solos dated the songs was one of the most idiotic things I've heard and for once I agreed with Kirk that by not having any solos you date the songs instantly.

That being said listening to some of the demos of youtube of songs with solos was hardly an improvement.

• Like 1

Sorry for my rant earlier...

I don't judge people based upon the music they choose to like, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be called a "40 year old shit rock, cock rock, dad rock fan." Not when I'm actually out pounding the pavement, being a musician, playing shows, building a following. Some of the people on here sure do like throwing out judgements upon others, but as soon as you make a comment about something THEY like. (Bacardi and the whole King Kong comment I made) they get all fucking pissy and create obvious cupcake threads.

I think fanbases are more passionate than insecure, but it's better that any of those bands are being talked about than not talked about at all. We're in an era where you have 70 year olds and 16 year olds going to shows and liking the same type of music.

• Like 1

Since both of you are obviously reffering to me, let me clear a few things up...

1. I am 32 years old, not 40.

2. I graduated HS in the year 2000, so that would technically make me part of the first generation of the 2000, not some "40 year old shit rock fan."

3. If current musicians had real talent, they would let their talent speak for its self, not hide behind autotune and other studio gimmicks. I'm sorry but I personally have 0 respect for singers that need help reaching the appropriate pitch, not when singers had been able to do it for centuries based on talent.

4. As far as hip hop goes, it's not my fault that Tupac and Biggie died and took all good rap with them, because what we call hits today, wouldn't even of made it into the top 50 back in the 90's.

5. As far as you younger kids go, it's not your fault that your generation would rather communicate via technology than in actual person. I don't blame people for the times they live in, but I also am not going to sit here and listen to how someone thinks they know everything about the 80's or 90's just because they listened to the music or watched the hit movies. It takes a lot more than being able to quote 80's movies to understand the times.

Oh and one more thing, I am currently writing this from my 2,300 sq ft house with 3 bath rooms, 4 bed rooms, hot tube room, finished basement with a recording studio, on 2 acres of land, bulit in 1998. My point? I didn't just talk the talk, I walked the walk. I went out into the REAL world and earned my shit. I worked for it. So I'm gonnna be damned if I'm going to be rediculed by some snot nosed punk living in his parents house.

This may be the worst post ever, mainly because I wasn't even thinking of you when I was referring to 40 y/o Nobody puts baby in a corner fans, and also because it hits every 40 y/o Nobody puts baby in a corner fan stereotype there is.

-unwarranted self importance ("he must have made this post about me!")

-"Tupac and biggie were the only good rappers ever"

-"every current artist uses autotune, no pre2000s bands ever used any studio touching up tools"

-"the size of my house means I am right about this thing that is unrelated to house size"

-"I work my ass off, so that means my ignorance towards this thing is justified"

Sorry for my rant earlier...

I don't judge people based upon the music they choose to like, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be called a "40 year old shit rock, cock rock, dad rock fan." Not when I'm actually out pounding the pavement, being a musician, playing shows, building a following. Some of the people on here sure do like throwing out judgements upon others, but as soon as you make a comment about something THEY like. (Bacardi and the whole King Kong comment I made) they get all fucking pissy and create obvious cupcake threads.

When did I get pissy about king Kong? All I said was that I liked the movie. My Zeppelin cupcake thread had absolutely nothing to do with you, don't flatter yourself. :lol: Edited by bacardimayne

Oh come little one, you know damn well you started this thread right after our discussion in the Zeppelin thread. At least own your shit talkin'. I could tear your thread a part, but instead I'll just show ya how you are a sterotypical early 20's wanna be hipster. You like to hide behind your words, but as soon as someone turns up the heat, you back down and say things like "I wasn't even talking about you." My ass little man. Where I come from, you don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash. Now I'm not going to sit here and pretend this is anything other than big words coming through a computer screen, but I do promise you this, if we were in the same room you would be singing a different tune junior.

Bottom line, you are just some snot nosed little punk that thinks he has the whole world all figured out. But yet you barely venture out of your mama's basement. It's a big world out there junior, one that loves to spit out little cocky shits like yourself. Just remember, you learn a lot more by listening than you do by running your pie hole. Good day.

• Like 1

:rofl-lol:

Who are you even trying to convince? The only time I've ever even given you a second thought is when we had that little discussion about autotune. I've never made a post with the intent of "riling up mike420". :lol: Maybe your type of people, but I've never made a post while thinking specifically about how - you - might react to it. (Though after this little blowup I might have to start pushing your buttons a bit more :rofl-lol:)

Really though, I don't get your goal here. Do you truly believe that I made this thread because of you? Are you that delusional? Or is this your way of "building a following" or some other inane shit?

Do you really get in physical fights because someone said something about the type of music you like? Because someone talked shit about Led Zeppelin? Because someone said something that you misinterpreted as being a direct shot at you? I really hope you're not as quick to jump to conclusions in real life as you are here. :lol:

And hey, do me a favor. Post some of your band's music. The stuff you're building that massive following with. I'm sure it's so much better than the garbage of the current generation. :lol: