May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

I do hope everyone has a blast. I probably could have gone to Vegas and would have loved to as I am dying to see GNR again (despite my complaints) and have never been to Vegas. I chose to go to Boston to visit my friend and see Jimmy Page instead. Can't say I regret it, but still hope these shows kick ass!

The trick is that there's no new music. What else could they do setwise that would warrant another tour that has nothing by these guys (BBF, Fortus and Ferrer seem to just barely have been involved) except Stinson (integral member) on Chinese Democracy, whose material was largely completed by 2006 anyway. We know they put on a hell of a show, when Axl isn't having one of his patented weak, wavering periods, they blow the roof off but it's been done before only much better. Will we ever see progression that isn't backwards progression? Suppose hearing a few rare tracks is better than no progression...

Guest NGOG

I see you probably looked up trickery, saw deception in the definition and will now snark yourself away with your tail between your legs. :lol:

It's just amusing that you would use the word 'deceit' in the context of an 80s rock band doing a Vegas residency. As if 'No Trickery', and the topic of GNR in general, should not be treated light-heartedly. It's as if some people feel no new songs will be a genuine injustice.

We're not discussing the manifesto of a high-profile political party here.

I see you probably looked up trickery, saw deception in the definition and will now snark yourself away with your tail between your legs. :lol:

It's just amusing that you would use the word 'deceit' in the context of an 80s rock band doing a Vegas residency. As if 'No Trickery', and the topic of GNR in general, should not be treated light-heartedly. It's as if some people feel no new songs will be a genuine injustice.

We're not discussing the manifesto of a high-profile political party here.

Someone asked what trickery meant. I gave the dictionary definition. Only you could make an issue out of that.
  • Like 3

Hope the new t-shirts are cool. I hope some of you can post them and hopefully they will be for sale online.

I hope whoever is going to a Vegas show can post some positive things here.

Enjoy the show. I wish I was going too!