May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Sadly if Ron leaves, Axl will most likely not get another guitarist with as much talent. Bucket is never coming back despite Axl's efforts, Bucket wants absolutely nothing to do with Guns whatsoever. If Ron does leave, I can see Axl auditioning guitarists like Michael Romeo who has insane talent but is not the right fit for Guns. Part of Bucket's genius was he is an amazing shredder but can also slow it down and create melodic passages. Ron probably has better technical ability than Bucket but for me, does not seem to have the melodic ear that Bucket has.

Can't say I agree mate...I will agree that Bumble is a very talented musician but the Musicians Institute spits out very talented guitar players on a regular basis.......Axl will have no problem finding a young talented guitarist to replace Bumble and play his greatest hits tours..........Like I said earlier it is not as if Axl has to find someone to play all of Bumbles classic GnR solo riffs as there are none as the band has never played an original song they wrote together............ :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

tinyrobot, on 22 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:
GNR123GNR456, on 22 May 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:
SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:
downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:
SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:
Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:
RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

Lets be fair, they've added Civil War and Estranged and occasionally break out TWAT and Catcher. That's about the most progress there's been apart from Duff and two Ashba solos.

They added Estranged over 3 years ago.

Bruce Springsteen played OVER TWO HUNDRED songs on his last tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html?tour=Wrecking+Ball+Tour

Prince has only played OVER ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY songs in 2014 alone!!

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/prince-13d6b9ed.html?year=2014

Not defending anything but Springsteen and Prince has at least 10 times as many songs to choose from. They have massive discographies.

True, but it's not as though GNR's discography is limited to the hits or Appetite. There are a lot of songs they don't play that most GNR fans, casual or hardcore, would love to hear.

Sure, I really wasn't defending anything, just pointing out that Springsteen and especially Prince aren't good comparisons.

Who is a good comparison? Motley Crue? Def Leppard? Band's that are full-blown nostalgia acts. Artists like Springsteen and Prince care about their fans that they want them to hear their music. Axl only cares about money. Springsteen could have played the last decade on touring based on Born to Run and Born in the USA. But, he's released albums every few years to keep himself fresh and his fans happy. Not to mention he's in tremendous shape and can still sing great. And he's 14 year's OLDER than Axl.

Axl had YEARS to release multiple albums of new material, and he sat on one of a decade that when it came out, it was a joke. And after 5 years, we have no new album in sight. Axl supposedly has a vault full of songs, so why not release them? Or atleast play them live? Maybe Dead Horse, Sorry, The Garden, hell what happened to IRS? People like me and many other's are pissed because Axl's has a large category to choose from, but continue to play the same show EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

Because he wants every album to be as successful as AFD. He thought CHINDEM was going to be the next AFD and fooled us all to believe he was writting the best GNR record EVER.

ChinDem is a great album, I love it, but its nowhere near AFD success and impact. Partly due to the lame promotion they gave it.... So.... I don't know why he's taking another decade for the next one....

I think if he released an album every 2-3 years, at some point, he would get the training to write and produce amazing albums.

I think it has something to do with that, and the label just not trusting Axl anymore. He threw away the old band, threw away multiple members of the new band, and is now throwing away his legacy. He's no taking another decade to release a new album, there won't be a new album. DJ has been spewing bullshit about how he's written songs for Axl, how their working on new material since he came in 2009. We've got nothing new but Estranged and Civil War. Two song's DJ has nothing to do with.

I refuse to think there won't be a new album ever again :no:

C'mon... people live until 100 nowadays, he's too young to retire

Amir, Axl could have done ANYTHING justice in 2006-2010. In the Youtube video that showcases Axl's range from lowest to highest note, the highest note he sings anywhere that isn't just a squeal (e.g. end of Coma) is during Sailing in 2006. If his issue was physically being able to replicate intense studio vocals like Locomotive and Perfect Crime then he wouldn't even be attempting YCBM in 2011-2014 yet he does every show.

He sings YCBM because it's what most of the casual fans want to hear; if it wasn't an expected staple of a GNR set I'm pretty sure he'd have dropped it after 2010. While I love the 2010 rasp, it could be quite pitchy compared to some '06 shows, and he still needed oxygen breaks, breaks that are just not there when needed in Locomotive and OMG. Perfect Crime is just brutal to sing live.

Yes, ok, but my point is that his ability to perform any given song to a decent standard is clearly not the reason why he's been playing the exact same shit in the same order for so long. I'd say a combination of insecurity and apathy is the reason.

Ih he actually wanted to perform any of these hard-to-sing songs then there's nothing to suggest he simply wouldn't because they're too hard or lack breaks for oxygen. He sang the absolute shit out of Nice Boys and Rosie in 2010 and could easily have had a decent enough stab at anything.

Put it this way: do you think Axl from the 02 in 2010 would have pulled off better versions of Locomotive/OMG/Twat/Prostitute than 2014 Axl singing *enter any song ever*?

Yup, not debating that, '10 Axl was pretty fucking amazing for his age, and I'm gutted that despite going to 6 shows that year and 7 shows since I've never heard TWAT live, it's just when I see people asking for Perfect Crime over and over again I really can't understand why. There's really not much reward for Axl to sing that song; it's damn hard, only the hardcores would want to hear it, and it's an old song, too, so it's not like TWAT where at least he'd be promoting a more recent work.

Getting Estranged and Civil War back was great, but I'm not dying to hear any other Illusions tracks; I want new music.

tinyrobot, on 22 May 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:
GNR123GNR456, on 22 May 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:
tinyrobot, on 22 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:tinyrobot, on 22 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:
GNR123GNR456, on 22 May 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:GNR123GNR456, on 22 May 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:
SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:
downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:downzy, on 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:
SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:SoulMonster, on 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:
Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:Jordan Rose, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:
RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:RandallFlagg, on 22 May 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

Lets be fair, they've added Civil War and Estranged and occasionally break out TWAT and Catcher. That's about the most progress there's been apart from Duff and two Ashba solos.

They added Estranged over 3 years ago.

Bruce Springsteen played OVER TWO HUNDRED songs on his last tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html?tour=Wrecking+Ball+Tour

Prince has only played OVER ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY songs in 2014 alone!!

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/prince-13d6b9ed.html?year=2014

Not defending anything but Springsteen and Prince has at least 10 times as many songs to choose from. They have massive discographies.

True, but it's not as though GNR's discography is limited to the hits or Appetite. There are a lot of songs they don't play that most GNR fans, casual or hardcore, would love to hear.

Sure, I really wasn't defending anything, just pointing out that Springsteen and especially Prince aren't good comparisons.

Who is a good comparison? Motley Crue? Def Leppard? Band's that are full-blown nostalgia acts. Artists like Springsteen and Prince care about their fans that they want them to hear their music. Axl only cares about money. Springsteen could have played the last decade on touring based on Born to Run and Born in the USA. But, he's released albums every few years to keep himself fresh and his fans happy. Not to mention he's in tremendous shape and can still sing great. And he's 14 year's OLDER than Axl.

Axl had YEARS to release multiple albums of new material, and he sat on one of a decade that when it came out, it was a joke. And after 5 years, we have no new album in sight. Axl supposedly has a vault full of songs, so why not release them? Or atleast play them live? Maybe Dead Horse, Sorry, The Garden, hell what happened to IRS? People like me and many other's are pissed because Axl's has a large category to choose from, but continue to play the same show EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

Because he wants every album to be as successful as AFD. He thought CHINDEM was going to be the next AFD and fooled us all to believe he was writting the best GNR record EVER.

ChinDem is a great album, I love it, but its nowhere near AFD success and impact. Partly due to the lame promotion they gave it.... So.... I don't know why he's taking another decade for the next one....

I think if he released an album every 2-3 years, at some point, he would get the training to write and produce amazing albums.

I think it has something to do with that, and the label just not trusting Axl anymore. He threw away the old band, threw away multiple members of the new band, and is now throwing away his legacy. He's no taking another decade to release a new album, there won't be a new album. DJ has been spewing bullshit about how he's written songs for Axl, how their working on new material since he came in 2009. We've got nothing new but Estranged and Civil War. Two song's DJ has nothing to do with.

I refuse to think there won't be a new album ever again :no:

C'mon... people live until 100 nowadays, he's too young to retire

I'm not saying he's going to retire. I'm just saying that's he could probably continue to play as a nostalgia act for the next decade.

It saddens me to say this, because I have supported Axl all along (despite the obvious fact that he was largely responsible for the breakup of the original band). I still remember the excitement of the End of Days tv commercial with a little clip of 'Oh My God', addition of Buckethead, the leaks, etc. etc. etc.

But if Bumble leaves, this "band" has only one option left that makes any sense whatsoever ...

REUNION.

I like how the nuthugger mods are locking threads/deleting negative posts while the band is imploding,

You're not Jarmo - let it go.

Because just since you think the band is "imploding" doesn't mean everyone else does, nor do they want to read about it.

Believe it or not, people are still interested and enjoy Guns N' Roses and the new band, "new" setlist or not, and they don't want to read all of the bitching and complaining constantly. Some people just want to come into a show thread and see the setlists, some pictures and some videos. People shouldn't have to sift through 30+ pages because 20 of them are made up of people bitching about the name of the fucking tour or because the band played Knockin' On Heaven's Door for 11 minutes instead of 10.

You can't understand how people still care? Others can't understand why people still give enough of a shit to complain and bitch in 90% of their posts in this section.

I'm not saying people who don't care anymore should not post here - there has to be some sort of difference in opinions. But, if all you do is bitch after each show and performance that shows up, what are you providing to the forum besides another post someone has to scroll over that has no input?

• Like 1

I like how the nuthugger mods are locking threads/deleting negative posts while the band is imploding,

Because just since you think the band is "imploding" doesn't mean everyone else does, nor do they want to read about it.

Believe it or not, people are still interested and enjoy Guns N' Roses and the new band, "new" setlist or not, and they don't want to read all of the bitching and complaining constantly. Some people just want to come into a show thread and see the setlists, some pictures and some videos. People shouldn't have to sift through 30+ pages because 20 of them are made up of people bitching about the name of the fucking tour or because the band played Knockin' On Heaven's Door for 11 minutes instead of 10.

You can't understand how people still care? Others can't understand why people still give enough of a shit to complain and bitch in 90% of their posts in this section.

I'm not saying people who don't care anymore should not post here - there has to be some sort of difference in opinions. But, if all you do is bitch after each show and performance that shows up, what are you providing to the forum besides another post someone has to scroll over that has no input?

You guys locked the retirement thread and then Subs dropped a bunch of info about BBF in THIS thread.

It's not our fault we are discussing it in a show thread. :shrugs:

• Like 1

You are worse than Madison, and that's saying a lot.

How on earth did anyone let you become a mod? You are literally a gimmick poster at this point.

The point of moderation is to guide discussion, not limit it. You suck at your job.

• Like 1

You are worse than Madison, and that's saying a lot.

How on earth did anyone let you become a mod? You are literally a gimmick poster at this point.

The point of moderation is to guide discussion, not limit it. You suck at your job.

Why don't you shut the fuck up? Thanks :)

If we were truly censoring people or deleting posts, you'd have been gone by now and posts such as these wouldn't be around. I think you're being extremely ignorant and taking things a bit out of context. The other topic was locked because we were told it was false, and then GN'R's official Twitter account even denied its validity.

Do I, personally, think it could be true? Let's put it this way, I don't think Radar Online would make something up for no reason about GN'R since it's not exactly something their reader demographic would be interested in. They must have been convinced it was a true story, and maybe it was at one point, but things change on a daily basis with this band. As of now Axl apparently claims to not be planning to retire, so why would we keep the thread open when we've been told through two different venues that it's a false rumour?

As for BS, give the guy a break. He's human. Just because we moderate topics doesn't mean we're always going to be 100% objective or faultless.

It's far more irritating for those of us that have to scroll over pages of posts pretending that there's a single thing to be glad about as a serious, long-term fan.

That said there isn't any reason for anyone to be jumping on Subs. We've got more info directly from 3rd parties in the last years than we have from the band, even if the intention doesn't turn into reality.

Incidentally, I think enough time has past that I can say that BBF told me during the last residency that the band had worked up 3 completely different sets to rotate to keep things fresh but nothing came of it.

I'd rather know shit like that and that people are trying to make shit happen than not know it, if only because it confirms that old ginger balls is the problem.

• Like 2

It saddens me to say this, because I have supported Axl all along (despite the obvious fact that he was largely responsible for the breakup of the original band). I still remember the excitement of the End of Days tv commercial with a little clip of 'Oh My God', addition of Buckethead, the leaks, etc. etc. etc.

But if Bumble leaves, this "band" has only one option left that makes any sense whatsoever ...

REUNION.

it is how i feel about it as well, there is 0 point in carrying on a never ending nostalgia tour with people that did not create the music people are nostalgia about in the first place. minds well make your peace with slash and get the old group together and at least do a never ending nostalgia tour right. bands that roll over and die creatively are the worst, stop wasting everyone's fucking time and just go away.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Why would anyone expect someone to disclose a source on information like this? That would be dumb. Just take it for what it is. You don't have to believe him anymore than you have to believe anyone else in this forum. It is what it is.

Uk clearly believes he has valid information concerning this issue and so he brought it to our attention. Whether it turns out to be true or not is irrelevant. But now we can discuss the possibility of it happening or how it will help or hurt guns.

Now don't start saying well anyone can make up any story. This story has a valid background unlike many of the other false rumors. So discuss it if you'd like or don't worry about it until something or nothing happens. But don't attack a guy for sharing information he's received or heard.

• Like 1