Vocal chart shows that Axl's vocal range is impeccable

Eminem has a higher vocal range than Lady Gaga, that's hilarious.

Axl was something otherworldly in his prime.

It saddens me to see how far he's fallen, all due to his own ego.

Yes, his ego is the reason his voice deteriorated. Probably had something to do with him brutally killing Slash's son before stealing the band name in 92 as well.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

I don't find the thought of Axl being the greatest vocalist crazy as I do think he is , but this list is full of shit. Fact that Cobain has a higher octave than Aretha is indeed crazy, also how is Buckley, Cornell, Layne Staley, George Jones, Patsy Cline, Reba not on this list? Crap list end of story.

Because Axl's range is higher than Mariah's, alright. He obviously has a 6 octave vocal range.

In fact I've seen people claim that he had a vocal range of 12 octaves (!) so this list is obviously fake. Double that amount of octaves on the list and we're getting close to Axl's actual range.

LOL. I think Axl in his prime was one of the top but never the top. Now if we're talking the most 'unique or badass' then we're on to something.

Vocally speaking, David Coverdale had a pretty wicked range (not a fan but just saying). There's a ton of good singers NOT on that shitty list.

Axl's vocal range is incredible! He was great because he used his voice as an instrument. He fluctuates his voice to get a meaning across in a song. Whether he is expressing anger, love, betrayal, happiness, or anything, he could hit any note at an incredible volume.

I don't think Axl is appreciated as a great vocalist because he is considered hard rock. It's a shame because of how amazing his softer songs are as well as his louder harder songs. He just knew how to use his voice to make any song great and then he shined at every live concert because his voice blew the audience away and echoed across every stadium and arena they played in.

I hate that he is under appreciated, but also know that he is well recognized for his talents. I think at some point in the future as Guns N Roses is rediscovered by a new audience and Axl has passed that people will start viewing his range differently. I imagine him being recognized less for his antics and ego and more for how incredible a vocalist he was.

The guy is just one of the best there will ever be.

• Like 1

Axl's vocal range is incredible! He was great because he used his voice as an instrument. He fluctuates his voice to get a meaning across in a song. Whether he is expressing anger, love, betrayal, happiness, or anything, he could hit any note at an incredible volume.

I don't think Axl is appreciated as a great vocalist because he is considered hard rock. It's a shame because of how amazing his softer songs are as well as his louder harder songs. He just knew how to use his voice to make any song great and then he shined at every live concert because his voice blew the audience away and echoed across every stadium and arena they played in.

I hate that he is under appreciated, but also know that he is well recognized for his talents. I think at some point in the future as Guns N Roses is rediscovered by a new audience and Axl has passed that people will start viewing his range differently. I imagine him being recognized less for his antics and ego and more for how incredible a vocalist he was.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would try to say Axl isn't great but he's not the greatest ever. He's strictly hard rock/metal though. His range was amazing indeed, but his control & vibrato wasn't near the best. He's not a guy you'd want to perform the Star Spangled Banner.

He gets credit as far as I can tell....

Axl's voice is just part of what he is/was. He's arguably the greatest frontman, mystery, asshole in rock history with a unique voice to go along with it. He was the total package back in the day.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would try to say Axl isn't great but he's not the greatest ever. He's strictly hard rock/metal though. His range was amazing indeed, but his control & vibrato wasn't near the best. He's not a guy you'd want to perform the Star Spangled Banner.

He gets credit as far as I can tell....

Axl's voice is just part of what he is/was. He's arguably the greatest frontman, mystery, asshole in rock history with a unique voice to go along with it. He was the total package back in the day.

Well as far as being recognized I think When people hear Axl Rose they think "the guy that's always late" "the asshole that broke up GNR" "the ego" "psycho" "crazy" "he beats women" "Welcome to the Jungle"

The last thing people say is "man, that guy had an incredible voice!" "His voice was unique and had great range". For normal people Axl Rose is more of a legend for his antics than his voice. I'd like to see that change at some point to where people mention his voice before they talk about what he did off stage.

Axl is up there with the best of 'em, shame he's had about 15 years of zilch where he could've shared more of that voice with the world. We got the old GNR and Chidem which are unbelievably good music but there's always lost opportunities for a talent like his. Especially so in Axl's case.

It is obviously just a selection of the most famous singers and they are only judged by range (which is pretty straightforward to measure). Nothing to get all riled up about. Axl has an awesome range, deal with it ;)

[That being said, from other measurements of range he has never got all the way to 5 octaves, only 4 and some].

It is well known that Axl had an awesome range, and still has

Still has????? Where??? :blink:

Whenever he goes from the very deep notes in CD (and other songs) to the highest screams in various songs. I believe he display at least a 3 octave range at every show. A very small amount of singers can do that consistently in a live setting.

EDIT: And from CD (although these vocal recordings are about 10 years old) he displays at least a 4 octave range.

More about his range here: http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t39-axl-rose

Edited by SoulMonster