Worst famous guitar player?

Haters Gonna Hate

Zakk Wylde!!!

Gotta go with this.

He used to be a monster (and of course he can still play) but since he started being Zakk Wylde the artist instead of the guitarist in Ozzy's band he has devolved into a horrid caricature and an absolutely tasteless guitarist.

Honestly, as much as I love Nirvana, definitely Kurt Cobain in terms of actual technique and playing.

Coming from someone who normally fucking hates Nirvana fans, I respect the hell out of the fact that you said that.

Oh and the correct answer is CC DeVille.

Yeah, I don't get the people who ride his dick saying he was a great player. Songwriter, yeah, but any live video will show you he's sloppy as hell.

Umm grunge meant to be sloppy

In fact NIRVANA meant to be sloppy

Keith Richards got my vote

Honestly, as much as I love Nirvana, definitely Kurt Cobain in terms of actual technique and playing.

Coming from someone who normally fucking hates Nirvana fans, I respect the hell out of the fact that you said that.

Oh and the correct answer is CC DeVille.

Yeah, I don't get the people who ride his dick saying he was a great player. Songwriter, yeah, but any live video will show you he's sloppy as hell.

Umm grunge meant to be sloppy

In fact NIRVANA meant to be sloppy

Keith Richards got my vote

Explain. Now.

• Like 1

Dave Murray and Janick Gers from Iron Maiden are terrible. Adrian Smith is a genius though.

Janick is my least favorite member of the band. But what's wrong with Dave? He's my favorite :shrugs:

I love the Adrian/Dave combo and always will but his solos all sound the same to me. He's really fast on his hammer ons/pull offs, but he hardly tries something different than that.

Guest Len B'stard

Kurts guitar playing was what it was on purpose, he played like he did to serve the music. The way to look at it is this, do you think someone with a different technique would serve those songs better?

Kurts guitar playing was what it was on purpose, he played like he did to serve the music. The way to look at it is this, do you think someone with a different technique would serve those songs better?

Live? Yes.

I've always felt The Edge is a bit of a one trick pony. I like what he does, but a lot of it sounds alike.

I also feel Dimebag and Zack Wylde are both very overrated.

As a Nirvana fan, Kurt was mediocre at best. And he meant to be mediocre at best. And that's ok.

Naming Slash is ridiculous. And Perry is underrated if anything. Naming Keith Richards or Jimi Hendrix in this thread is a sin in the eyes of the mighty guitar Gods who will one day smite you for it.

Inb4Dj.

Like he's famous... :rolleyes:

Edited by username

Naming Keith Richards or Jimi Hendrix in this thread is a sin in the eyes of the mighty guitar Gods will one day smite you for it.

It's pretty odd to see Hendrix's name involved anywhere near something like this.

BUT, he could be just awful live. There's bootlegs and even official releases where he sounds just terrible in concert. It certainly makes you question the tag of "greatest ever". Greatest ever what? because it certainly isn't live act.

Same with people like Jack White and such - sure technically anyone can play what they play but nobody can write songs like they can or sound like the way they sound.

Hell even Hendrix was sloppy as hell - but his imperfections technique-wise helped him have a personal style that most importantly sounded awesome and enhanced his sound as opposed to detracting from it

Dimebag Darrell

You have the most terrible taste on this entire forum

Your opinions are always weird and stupid as far as i know your posts

Naming Keith Richards or Jimi Hendrix in this thread is a sin in the eyes of the mighty guitar Gods will one day smite you for it.

Keith Richards is mostly over rated

Himself even said that he is not a great guitar player

Do you believe Keith?

I do :shrugs:

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

How about dudes from bands like Coldplay, The Fray, The Killers, etc. They all have lead guitarists that barely play

Idk how famous they are as players, but the bands are

EDIT- and you can't name Hendrix. he did so much and his rhythem playing is just impecable. keith also did amazing and innovating things

Edited by ZoSoRose

Dimebag Darrell

Do you believe Keith?

:dj:

and you're a dick but such is life

Edited by Sixes

It's pretty odd to see Hendrix's name involved anywhere near something like this.

BUT, he could be just awful live. There's bootlegs and even official releases where he sounds just terrible in concert. It certainly makes you question the tag of "greatest ever". Greatest ever what? because it certainly isn't live act.

Dimebag Darrell

Do you believe Keith?

Granted. But the stuff he made is way too good to be listed in a worst guitarist thread. Yes, he could be crap live. Sometimes due to being doped up. Sometimes due to age. And sometimes just for no apparent reason. And he's not a good solo player. But he did create a lot of the most memorable guitar riffs in history. He's definitely doing something right. Plus, I just plain love his bluesy style and tone. And Keith definitely knows his shit. And his strengths and weaknesses. Keith his signature sound is still almost impossible to copy (sometimes, even by him ;) ).

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Dimebag Darrell

Do you believe Keith?

Granted. But the stuff he made is way too good to be listed in a worst guitarist thread. Yes, he could be crap live. Sometimes due to being doped up. Sometimes due to age. And sometimes just for no apparent reason. And he's not a good solo player. But he did create a lot of the most memorable guitar riffs in history. He's definitely doing something right. Plus, I just plain love his bluesy style and tone. And Keith definitely knows his shit. And his strengths and weaknesses. Keith his signature sound is still almost impossible to copy (sometimes, even by him ;) ).

eh...

these type of threads are good for completely nothing but to heat tension between forum members

I apologize Sixes and apologize everybody whom i throw shit in this thread

Fuck this shit