Which songs do you think fit Axl's current voice?

Well, we've been discussing his voice to death lately. Some think he sounds great, others can't stand it, and some are okay with it.
What I want to know is which songs do you guys think still sound good today.

For me, this voice clearly works on Catcher. I absolutely loved the raspy versions in 2010 but nowdays the song sounds really close to the album version.
I also don't mind him singing Don't Cry and Patience, the lower parts in these songs make up for the cleaner vocals at the end of both songs.

Also, It's So Easy still sounds pretty mean most of the time, which I really like. And I've really been enjoying The Seeker lately.
I only wish he'd drop Rocket Queen, PC and YCBM. They don't work without rasp imho.

It's clear that we aren't gonna get 2006 or 2010 Axl, at least not anytime soon. So let's not make this the 100th 'Axl sounds shit on everything now' thread.

Play nice.

It's so easy, CD and Patience until the outro where he sounds like shit with his helium voice.

Check out the ROTR performance, he uses rasp on the high end note.. Sounds far better.

I'm not part of the "Moderate Amounts of Rasp" group of fans. So thanks but I'll pass.

• Like 1

It's so easy, CD and Patience until the outro where he sounds like shit with his helium voice.

Check out the ROTR performance, he uses rasp on the high end note.. Sounds far better.

I'm not part of the "Moderate Amounts of Rasp" group of fans. So thanks but I'll pass.

With patience it's more like moderate amounts of clean voice. From "I've been walking the streets at night.." It's all rasp. He goes clean for the first "I need you" then as I said hits rasp on the second higher note.

With patience it's more like moderate amounts of clean voice. From "I've been walking the streets at night.." It's all rasp. He goes clean for the first "I need you" then as I said hits rasp on the second higher note.

His voice sounds like shit.

At 52 what should he sound like?

At 52 what should he sound like?

52 =/= 82

• Like 2

It is heating up - while the first Rio show and the Golden Gods were not good, Bethlehem has been solid. Rock on the Range videos are scarce, but on the ones that are available there are surprising amounts of rasp, and overall the voice is quite powerful.

Meybe his peak is much lower than it was in 2010, or maybe he isn't working on the voice enough.

Lots of questions. Riff Raff was excellent in 2011 but many songs at the same show he sounds terrible. Then you have Atlantic City and Philly shows which were excellent.. Followed by the London proshot..

Edited by MrSoftie

Lots of questions. Riff Raff was excellent in 2011 but many songs at the same show he sounds terrible. Then you have Atlantic City and Philly shows which were excellent.. Followed by the London proshot..

not sure why but he usually nails the covers

not sure why but he usually nails the covers

Irony: maybe he enjoys playing different songs?lol

He sounds very good in 2012 in some shows, it's just the goddamn consistency he had in previous tours, I suppose one cannot complain when we had that quality of voice, I hope to hell his vocals recover to the good 2012 moments but I know precisely jack shit about what Axl does to keep his voice in shape or what he did in 2010 other than keep turning up. I like it when the band's on fire but I'd like it more if he got somewhere close to his best form and debuted something new he could do justice.

The 3 times I saw GNR, Axl sounded great. I think the best show was in Dallas last year at the House of Blues. He hit the notes good. He had tons of energy and looked happy onstage.

When you get older your voice changes a lot. Axl doesn't sound like he did when he was 25, but he still sounds great.

I saw Def Leppard and Joe can't hit those high notes anymore. But Klaus from the Scorpions still sounds like he did when he was 30. Who knows why Axl's voice doesn't sound good sometimes. Everyone ages differently. Axl's voice would change so much in the early days. He could sing high and he could sing low. Maybe all those years messed up his vocal chords.

All I know is I had a blast at all 3 shows and so did Axl and GNR.