Classic Lineup vs. Current GNR - Which is a Tighter Group?

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who spends more time together and almost like the Wyatt family(Axl = Bray)?

Nice. :lol:

Well, Axl is separated from both line-ups. So take him out.

I'd have to go with the old line-up. Other than Axl, they all hung out.

Yet we were getting reports that ron is still being treated like a fraternity pledge years after joining. And do you gt the impression these guys hang out other than on tour? I don't.

• Like 1

hey broki why do you want to show the people here what you're listening to?

It's more of a placeholder signature because the new one I originally wanted to use wasn't doing it for me. Half the time I'm not even actually listening to what it shows. I just have a playlist I made that helps me sleep on like negative 4 volume, hence the abundance of Simon & Garfunkel.

Edited by Broskirose

I'd say the old line-up since they all lived together in the same apartment for awhile, and didn't Slash and Axl share a place as well?

Doesn't really matter though. As fans, should we really even care if a band is full of BFFs? Axl/Slash/Duff released five albums in six or seven years. Axl/DJ/BBF have released.................or Axl/Tommy/Richard have released one album in 17 years.

Give me a band that hates each other off stage, but releases tons of music over a band that loves each other but doesn't release music.

I'd say the old line-up since they all lived together in the same apartment for awhile, and didn't Slash and Axl share a place as well?

Doesn't really matter though. As fans, should we really even care if a band is full of BFFs? Axl/Slash/Duff released five albums in six or seven years. Axl/DJ/BBF have released.................or Axl/Tommy/Richard have released one album in 17 years.

Give me a band that hates each other off stage, but releases tons of music over a band that loves each other but doesn't release music.

youregoddamnright.gif

NuNuGNR, the most stable and unproductive band on the planet. What a joke :lol:

• Like 1

youregoddamnright.gif

NuNuGNR, the most stable and unproductive band on the planet. What a joke :lol:

Right?

Who cares if they are all best friends for life....if they aren't releasing music together?

AFD line-up. They were all together back then. There were no limos, no private jets, no 5-star hotels, anything.

Not really. Axl was a prima donna already back in the get in the ring/illusions tours.

I said AFD line-up.

Oh, absolutely :lol: but that's because they did not have money and fame, otherwise Axl would do the same :shrugs:

At first I thought this was a joke thread, but I will play along.

We have to define "classic lineup" first. What is classic to me might not be classic to you. And we can't just say that everything pre 2000 was the classic lineup, because the lineups changed a lot in that period, too, but more relevant: the band and how they spent their times changed, too. Before they had success they more or less lived together. So early AFD lineup was definitely the period when the band was the most together. But as soon as they had success they found their own places and started hanging out less, especially Axl. This just worsened and worsened. The current lineup hangs out during tours, some members hang out between tours, especially those members who play in other bands together. I would say the current situation is similar to late UYI lineup situation.

Even during the UYI mayhem you could tell Axl and Slash still cared deeply for one another, why da fuck do ya think the division is so caustic today?

Today no one even knows what the status of Atlas Shrugged is and are afraid to upset the king lest they be banished from the kingdom they have been given access to.

Who spends more time together and almost like the Wyatt family(Axl = Bray)?

Nice. :lol:

Well, Axl is separated from both line-ups. So take him out.

I'd have to go with the old line-up. Other than Axl, they all hung out.

Yet we were getting reports that ron is still being treated like a fraternity pledge years after joining. And do you gt the impression these guys hang out other than on tour? I don't.

Axl and DJ do and Dizzy frank and Richard too i believe Dizzy and Richard also have the dead daisies

I think when GNR first started, the guys were very close and hungry for success. Then they got success and started their downward spiral due to drugs and alcohol.

Remember this band lived together for many years whereas new GNR probably don't even hang when they're not on tour. I like GNR's chemistry onstage, but as far as them being close like the original members, no way.

I thought this was about performance. Although the new band sounds tighter sans Dj, the songs weren't written to be tight.. They were written to feel loose for the most part.

No one is tight with Axl except Team Brazil and that Jarmo guy.

The new band gets paid to look tight on stage. I think the fact that Dj didn't meet Axl until show one in 2009 speaks volumes.

Edited by War2k14

Hmmm.... let's see. One was a group of best friends who lived together, fought together, fought for each other and created a legacy together. The other is a group of employees who rarely if ever know what's going on, they take their orders from upper management but rarely have any contact with the head honcho himself and they don't fight for anything or anyone but simply put their head down and do their job hoping not to get fired. Gee I have no clue which was a tighter group.

• Like 1

The GNR from the AFD and Lies era were tight, even before those albums came out.

Dissintegration began during the UYI's tour..... although there are some cool moments like this ->

Edited by tinyrobot