1960's

Snake-Pit

Loved Motown and when the British invasion started with The Beatles I was hooked.

Then came along The Who, Led Zepplin, Cream, Ten Years After and I was on my way to harder rock and roll and then Black Sabbath with heavy metal.

There's so many songs from the 60's that I remember with so very good memories from my childhood. If I hear a song, I can remember where I was and how happy my life was too.

Guest Len B'stard

Loved Motown and when the British invasion started with The Beatles I was hooked.

Then came along The Who, Led Zepplin, Cream, Ten Years After and I was on my way to harder rock and roll and then Black Sabbath with heavy metal.

So basically it started off well and gradually got worse and worse...until you're left with Black Sabbath :lol:

Nilsson is one of the greatest songwriters in music history.

Edited by sugaraylen

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQd-g-xRkps

WHEN I FIRST HEARD JIMI HENDRIX - PURPLE HAZE ON CD WHEN I WAS 16 (His double album Voodoo Chile was a birthday present to me for my 16th). I HAD TO GET USED TO IT - ^ THIS RIGHT HERE, IS THE TEMPO I, WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT, KNOW AND LOVE TO THE CORE/BONE/ROOT OF ME AND, WHEN I WAS A KID/TEEN IN MY BEDROOM AS A KID LISTENING TO THAT AND FIRE ON A COMPILATION VYNL/RECORD... - I was so used to that, that I do remember spending a night as a listener, not a guitarist although I jammed along to it many a' times with the record, getting my head around how Purple Haze in particular sounded in digital...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39DENARnUtM

Edited by Snake-Pit

Great song. My parents had this album:

TheMamasAndThePapas-IfYouCanBelieveYourE

When googling this album, I found out Mama Cass didn't actually choke on a sandwich, but died of a heart attack, in the same flat as Keith Moon four years later. Well, you learn something new every day...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...