Ron leaving the band?

Would be lulzy if he takes CDII with him and leaks it

Hah, yeah, but I kinda hope he doesn't, cause I know if he gets found out for that he'd probably spend a long time in prison. That's usually not good for music production, so he'd just be trading one cause for inactivity for another. I wonder if it would be illegal for him to play the songs in a live setting, though?

I think it will be a big loss if Bumble leaves. The man is just so talented and loves the fans, you couldn't ask for more out of anyone.

I am sure BBF has a dark side we have seen it a few times but who doesn't

No one in GNR has been more visible to the fans than BBF he does meet n greets before and after show, clinics, interviews, social media, webcasts and the list goes on.

He plays guitar IMHO better than ANYONE that has ever been in GNR even SLASH. BBF can play any GNR song ever recorded note for note if he wishes but you can hear his own flare added to it to make it more his as he should have he is not slash or any other guitarist that has been in GNR. He can shred and he can go pretty damn blueys too.

When you look at his work in GNR he is the complete package!!!

Can he be replaced yes without a doubt but you will be hard pressed to find a guy with his skill level that is so damn fan friendly though!!

I am sure Axl has told him they would make an album after CD and they may very well have or have been working on it but if he is leaving either there is nothing new anytime in the near future or there are no concrete plans at all for the next album if there is one to be made.

BBF understands what the fans want and that is a new material and as a musician he wants it out there for the fans. Not all the broken promises which he has to deal with because he is so fan friendly and visible and I am sure that gets old.

I liked the fact that BBF would at times stand up to Axl and Axl and TB had to do damage control from time to time.

If this does turn out to be true then we will most likely have to wait even longer for anything new at least for a year or so if ever, I am not saying ever just because BBF maybe leaving it means there are no plans with or without him.

For all we know he told Axl while planning the tour or sometime before it started he is leaving GNR after the last show on the tour pf this tour.

If he leaves I wish him all the best.

If he doesn't I think it is a very good sign as far as new material but I could be reading too much into it but why else would he stay?

GNR will go on either way.

Edited by bigcountry
  • Like 2

Buckethead his very talented also but him and robin made GNR look like a freak show in 2002.

It really looked like a joke of a band when the causal GNR fan seen that on the VMAs they were like WTF is this????? And just shook there head and that was it for them and GNR.

First impressions are very important and it was an epic fail at the VMAs as far as how the band looked. Yes Axl's voice was consider weak that night but if we had that now we would be jumping for joy. but he is much older.

IMHO Bucket has no place in GNR he is much better doing his own thing which he has a following for.

Edited by bigcountry

Return of the Bucket.

Can you imagine Bucket and Dj in the same band? :lol:

If the stage is in a circus tent, yes! Haha. But being serious, I really can't imagine that meshing too well. But I honestly believe Axl would sack DJ or whoever if it would appease Bucket and being him back to the fold. The exception might be Tommy Stinson.

Ron was the only guy I was excited to see along side Axl when I saw Guns. He's awesomely talented and a great guy to meet. I think hes done a fine job when it comes to the fans. I will continue to support him and buy his new album later this year.

I'm actually really excited about his album later this year. Not just because some were intended for GN'R release, but because the songs really sound like they're going to be pretty good from what he's told us. Also, I guess one good thing about Bumblefoot leaving before his album drops is we won't have to see a repeat in of the Snakepit incident. That would be horrible for Axl to go up to Ron and say "Hey man, remember that stuff you showed me? I wanna do it now," only to learn it had already been done. Actually, it might be pretty hilarious, depending on how you look at it.

i really like ron. he's a nice guy. once i met him on the street after a GN'R concert in dublin 06 - at this time he was new in the band and nobody recognized him. nowaday he doesn't seem happy and excited as he was a few years ago. i guess he's really frustrated and kind of burned out. his car accident and non stop touring were too much i suppose. my opinion is that it would be the best for him to leave and to take some time out. and then to concentrate on his solo career or guitar teaching...

• Like 1

i really like ron. he's a nice guy. once i met him on the street after a GN'R concert in dublin 06 - at this time he was new in the band and nobody recognized him. nowaday he doesn't seem happy and excited as he was a few years ago. i guess he's really frustrated and kind of burned out. his car accident and non stop touring were too much i suppose. my opinion is that it would be the best for him to leave and to take some time out. and then to concentrate on his solo career or guitar teaching...

Wait, he was in a car accident? When did that happen?

It would be really sad for GnR if Ron was leaving. Besides being a great guitar Player he is a stand up guy and the most approachable one in GnR. He truely enjoys and appreciates the fans (and also communicates with them) and actually seems to care about new music. Also his guitar schools, charity and occasional jamming with random fans tell he is a class act.

While I do not share the Ashba hate here - Despite his indeed annoying constant self marketing I think he has a great energetic stage presence and perhaps attracks younger fans - I highly doubt he can replace Rons guitar work; and it is also something I really do not want to imagine.

He was in a motorcycle accident back in 2011 and badly hurt his neck, I think he has had a couple of surgeries on it since and has been taking a lot of pain killers to keep it under control

2011. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnr_bumblefoot_survives_harrowing_car_crash.html

nowaday he doesn't seem happy and excited as he was a few years ago. i guess he's really frustrated and kind of burned out.

This seems to happen to members of "Guns n' Roses" a lot. I wonder why....
  • Like 2

They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle

Personal preferences aside, I will provide you some info since you clearly have no knowledge whatsoever on the subject. First - the Chinese stuff is fkn hard, even for a technical guitarist. That's why you dont see many - if at all - YouTube D, C, B, A-grade shredders nailing those solos and licks. Most play their own made up bits when it comes to playing the hardest stuff. I'm not talking out of my ass, I've seen countless really technical guitarists that don't come even close to replicate Shackler's, TWAT or Riad. Chinese, Better, TWAT, Scraped, Prostitute, I.R.S.... just some songs that got some pretty insane stuff going on here and there - which YouTube shredders and real cover bands' guitarists avoid like plague. Buckethead and Ron got some insanely fast and technical tapping stuff, extemely fast and complex alternate picking runs, some fast and hard-to-replicate chicken picking stuff, ultra fast legato runs - I'm not gonna even bother to mention Ron's fretless playing and thimble stuff because it is alien to even most virtuosos. They are worldwide virtuosos for a reason, and when you've got the likes of Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, Axl, Ozzy, Dave Mustaine, Petrucci, Mattias IA Eklundh, Uli Jon Roth, Satriani, Petrucci, Malmsteen and many, many others true legends/guitar gods praising the ground you walk on, I'm pretty sure you did more than a D-grade YouTube shredder does on a daily basis. Even Slash himself acknowledged that Buckethead is an insane guitarist.

So yeah, whether you like it or not, they will not easily find someone that can play that stuff - they might dumb down or even drop songs, but play the Chinese stuff like Ron and Buckethead do? I doubt it. That's why they Axl to reach out to Satriani to find a guitarist that could handle Buckethead's extremely technical and fast playing.

I never said it was easy man, and maybe the parts are more complex than I'm giving credit for, but I'm just saying there are virtuosos aplenty out there. And quite a few of them can do the gig justice that are a little beyond YouTube wankery. When I said "d-list shredder", I meant in terms of relevancy, as he was pretty unknown before Axl. I'd hardly say they were "worshipping the ground he walked on". He's a technical beast no doubt, but he ain't a one and only. There's other fish in the sea.

How much does Ron's fretless playing really matter anyways? When is it that prominent in a song? Shacklers? A song they seldom play anyways? Big whoop :shrugs:.

Shackler's, Scraped, Chinese, Riad & the breakdown in Better. How was he irrelevant when most, if not all of those people that praised *both* of them did way before Axl's call? When I said you had little to no knowledge on the subject I wasn't being harsh, I did because both of them were quite relevant on the virtuoso/progressive scene and top musicians were well aware of them and their work before Axl's call. I did not drop those names out of nowhere, they showed admiration to Bucket, Ron or both before they got the GnR gig. If you meant pop culture, yes, both of them were irrelevant. But since we're talking about music, would you really care about some average joe that finds Bieber the best young musician on the planet or that voted One Direction the world's best band? Not really. They make songs and albums for those who matter, those who enjoy that style. I often mention Shawn Lane because he was never popular outside of guitar circles yet he's widely heralded as the greatest guitarist that walked on earth, a man that could hold a candle to the greatest musicians of the past.

Axl will find someone, yeah. I never said it was impossible, but took them quite a while to find someone able to replace Bucket, now they have to find one that can replicate Bucket's and Ron's bits.

Of course I believe Axl will go for the easy route - drop and dumb down the hardest Chinese songs, call someone that will be happy to get the gig and go on.

3 songs of which they almost never plays anyways. Although they are complex, there are plenty of complex enthusiasts who can take the mantle. It's not as easy as 1, 2, 3, but it's far from out of the question.

Look, I too am not trying to be a dick when I say they were unknown. I meant beyond the big virtuoso enthusiasts, very few people have heard the names Buckethead and Bumblefoot. Whether that's a good thing or whatever is another debate for another day. The fanbase is based around more of a cult following than anything else. The point is due to that on top of people not knowing current gnr as anything more than Axl and those other guys playing the hits, nobody's gonna bat an eye at one virtuoso being swapped in for another. And it's really not gonna be a big shape up to what they're doing now.

If push comes to shove, and Axl isn't able to find somebody who could properly handle the Chinese stuff without having to dumb it down...well I guess I could understand the fuss more if Axl was showing indications of moving nu guns forwards. But he's not. And it doesn't seem like Bumble being there or not being there is a big game changer in that regard. The Chinese stuff only makes up for a small portion of the setlist anyways, and an even smaller portion for what attracts an audience to attend, so it's not really gonna matter in the long run anyways :shrugs:

Duff replacing Tommy (at least temporarily) - rumours of axl retiring and bumble leaving, guys let's admit it - this band is over...

And here is the scenario which would please at least every fan:

Bumble, DJ & Co will found a new band (called VELVET SHOTGUN ;) ) and will release all songs they have written in the last years together

Axl will not be seen for the next 12 month and will return with the classic lineup and in perfect shape - Farewell Tour 2015

Return of the Bucket.

Surely having to play second fiddle to Robin was galling to Bucket ( I like and respect Robin but come on) but that would be several steps too far :lol:

Guest Gunns

Return of the Bucket.

Surely having to play second fiddle to Robin was galling to Bucket ( I like and respect Robin but come on) but that would be several steps too far :lol:

Bucket wouldn't have time to write or record any music for gnr, he would be spending all his time trying to teach Dj the right chords to all of the gnr songs.

Honestly nobody really cares.

I hope everyone in this band leaves. It is a joke...Axl has dragged the GNR name through the mud for the last 18 years. I hope goofy Ashba and his bad Slash impression go too.

The only thing that can save this band for me is the return of the original members, which will never happen.

Reunion?

Yes, hopefully.

Ideal situation for sure. But far from being realistic. Axl hates Slash guts. I don´t see old members being very happy with the current team management. And there is the band name issue and former members status. I´m not sure they want to be just hired guys working for Axl.

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

This gossip wagon roundup routine is getting old.

I get that it's business to want to direct traffic to a website you own, operate and profit from, but at who's expense and at what cost?

People interested in GNR come here, or are directed here by some search engine looking for real updates and honest information, only to find this cloak and dagger, deceptive, half-baked BS perpetrated by an admin on this site.

To drum up traffic at the band's expense is disingenuous, and dishonest, it reeks of exploitation.

The internet communities are rife and filled with fake-insider misinformation and granted, some are privvy to different levels of real information, some are more connected than others, without mentioning names, but there is this thing known as discretion and respect which is being overlooked by far too many entities.

I don't get promoting a site and chasing down as well as publishing info at any cost mindset, people are being played and manipulated here as well as other places. I'm honestly trying to figure out whether they simply don't see that, or are happily prancing down the garden path and not only going along with the game, but fueling the fires for whatever reason.

Where there is smoke, there may be only mirrors.

Axl?

I was thinking warchild.

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

This gossip wagon roundup routine is getting old.

I get that it's business to want to direct traffic to a website you own, operate and profit from, but at who's expense and at what cost?

People interested in GNR come here, or are directed here by some search engine looking for real updates and honest information, only to find this cloak and dagger, deceptive, half-baked BS perpetrated by an admin on this site.

To drum up traffic at the band's expense is disingenuous, and dishonest, it reeks of exploitation.

The internet communities are rife and filled with fake-insider misinformation and granted, some are privvy to different levels of real information, some are more connected than others, without mentioning names, but there is this thing known as discretion and respect which is being overlooked by far too many entities.

I don't get promoting a site and chasing down as well as publishing info at any cost mindset, people are being played and manipulated here as well as other places. I'm honestly trying to figure out whether they simply don't see that, or are happily prancing down the garden path and not only going along with the game, but fueling the fires for whatever reason.

Where there is smoke, there may be only mirrors.

Axl?

I was thinking warchild.

Trying hard to sound like Axl, but the real Axl would have rambled on longer and used less punctuation :axl:

• Like 2