Ron leaving the band?

it seems like axl only toured between 2001-2014 to recompense the costs for cd...gnr is done. i guess that we will hear some cd stuff after his death. at least it would be cool, if axl would revive some old gnr franchise while he is retired..

Edited by maxpax

Depends on one's perception of what garbage connotes and their reasons behind it, only then can we appreciate the value of another man's trash being another man's treasure.

The only garbage thing about them I find is the lost potential and ludicrous purgatories.

It's not really an evolution to me, one man's demented but noble quest, well it used to be, an intriguing battle with some phenomenal songs.

Well guns were quick to tell us Axl isn't going nowhere when those rumours spread. Not hearing anything about bumble is kinda saying that it's true.

Anyone asked him on facebook?

Someone did ask him with a link & he ignored it completely as he clicked "like" on other posts made around it.

• Like 1

Well guns were quick to tell us Axl isn't going nowhere when those rumours spread. Not hearing anything about bumble is kinda saying that it's true.

Someone did ask him with a link & he ignored it completely as he clicked "like" on other posts made around it.

I guess sometimes actions speak louder than words.

Yeah, I think we can safely assume that UK Subs's source was correct. Now if Ron really will leave, that remains to be seen. I'll be sad to see him go, but if he goes, I hope they already have a plan in place.

Just had a look now & there are several people asking him but he's ignored them all. The quote from this forum seems to have been sent to him, he's also ignored things about

Axl retiring or a video of a guy who sounds like Axl.

You are right in what you say.

If he leaves or if he stays, I will say one thing, he is an amazing talent. One of the most technically skilled guitarists in the world. Just wish he had a bit more melody in his playing sometimes. I don't personally like his solo songs, but his skills cannot be denied.

Edited by Young_Gun

Just had a look now & there are several people asking him but he's ignored them all. The quote from this forum seems to have been sent to him, he's also ignored things about

Yeah, there's even a Twitter hashtag started by some South American nuGNR fans: https://twitter.com/search?q=BumblefootCanNotExitFromGNR&src=typd

Sad to see Ron going if true, but if it's best for him then that has to come first. Will definitely miss him. He's been a huge part of Guns and I remember standing 2 feet away from him in hammersmith 06 and thinking ho just a fuckin amazin player he is.

Wonder what this means for future guns releases, if any?

It might suggest that any future releases will almost certainly be stuff recorded during the CD years. If he really wanted newer material from the current bandI think they would have got on with it by now. If everything Axl releases is his vision anyway perhaps he isn't too bothered who is playing the chords in a live setting.

I'm sure there is a ton of behind the scene stuff we have no idea about.

positives and negatives with everything that happens...positive for ron is he leaves under his own accord with his head held high. was always GREAT to the fans. maybe it will end up being a complete overhall of the lineup and spark some kind of movement on the bands part.

negative for ron is he will be losing a ton of cash. hope he doesn't regret this move years down the road, as much as he is an artist it is also a business. maybe it will cause the band to completely fall apart and they make dj a focal point in return ruining the band even worse than it is right now.

i really think there should be a major lineup change if ron leaves...i would only keep richard and tommy(besides pitman and dizzy) need major overhall at guitar and drums imo.

The lack of communication in Axl's life is the reason for a lot of the problems. Axl let's too many people control his life.

The Axl retirement story might be true. I don't see Axl doing much after this residency. I think he's done. The fact that GNR's twitter said this was false means nothing. There is no communication among GNR.

I expect Axl to just walk out quietly. I expect Ron to walk away quietly. This whole thing is going to end quietly. No big announcement. This isn't the early 2000's. Axl recognizes nobody cares enough to make anything official. The band will just stop receiving phone calls and like the old days the checks will stop coming. Axl has been good at disappearing he will have no problem doing it again and Ron will keep doing his thing. I just expect a very silent ending to this band.

Sounds the most logical to me.

I don't think the last few years were a beginning, as some hoped, but more of an end.

As much as I didn't want to look at the touring as a cash grab, I can now see it more as padding the retirement fund.

Yeah, there's even a Twitter hashtag started by some South American nuGNR fans: https://twitter.com/search?q=BumblefootCanNotExitFromGNR&src=typd

:facepalm:

HUEHUEHUE DONT EXIT FROM GUNS BUMBLEHEAD!!!!!111 FUCK SALSH

The only positive thing about BBF leaving is that he gets to create more things to a wider audience and has a much healthier bank balance. That's it.

We know he played a solo on Atlas Shrugged and is on Going Down(?). Hopefully he can give us the lowdown on what is in the vault, what is not in the vault, how often they jammed together and got Axl's approval on things and whether he ever saw evidence of any sequels.

Another fine mess Axl's made of having a unique talent that could've took his GNR vision further than one record and an endless tour.

If he goes it's win-win for GNR.

• One less person to pay
  • They can finally stop playing CD songs which seems to be their goal (they're down to 2 or 3 a show now anyway, right?)
  • One less solo spot (that's more of a win for the audience)
  • And more room on the stage for Axl to do his dance moves since obviously there are too many people on stage for him to move around like he used to.

Losing Bumblefoot would be a major loss for the band, since he filled in the big shoes that Buckethead left behind.

I'm sure if the rumor is true and Bumble does leave, Buck would be the first person Axl would call to try and get to come back. I doubt that'd ever happen though, not only because of him being very unhappy when he left the band, but he might still have back problems that could make touring very difficult for him.

GnR should go back to being a five-man group first, based on competence. Ashba could never fill in for Bumble or Buck.

• Like 1