If Ron leaves, which virtuoso would you like to see in the band?

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

if the rumors are true about Ron leaving, I want to be the first person to welcome Bucket back into the band

I will miss Ron, but Bucket would be a welcome edition,

But if Bucket doesn't come back to (replace a guy that originally replaced him) who would you like to see take over the virtuoso spot?

discuss

Most people would like to welcome Slash back into Gn'R but that isn't happening either. Bucket doesn't want anything to do with Gn'R and you can start a petition and get every Gn'R-nerd to sign it and he still won't be back.

I wouldn't like to see any virtuoso. A guy that can write some hooks that Axl likes will be fine. This is Gn'R not Dream Theatre.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Guest Gunns

Most people would like to welcome Slash back into Gn'R but that isn't happening either. Bucket doesn't want anything to do with Gn'R and you can start a petition and get every Gn'R-nerd to sign it and he still won't be back.

there are a lot of gnr nerds that would love to see bucket back, don't dismiss our power...

Slash has about as much chance of coming back into the band as Ray Charles has at watching the latest godzilla film.

Not exactly virtuosos, but I'd go with Frusciante or Dan Auerbach.

They would hang up on Axl laughing hysterically. I can't see anyone besides Bucket, but we all know that ain't happening anytime soon.

I know. Maybe ten years ago, but now...

Axl needs a break. He needs to reevaluate the direction of Guns and pick a guitar player that inspires him. I see Axl returning around 2018-2020 if Bumble leaves.

My personal hopes are that he begins solo work under a self titled album and builds every song from the ground up himself. I think that would be a good direction after this residency.

As long as he meets these specifications:

-over 35

-extremely proficient with the guitar (be it in a technical way or just an awesome soulful way)

-has an inkling of charisma

-not a cunt

I don't care who it is.

Zakk Wylde! :awesomeface:

• Like 2

I'll take a soulful player over a virtuoso wanker any day. Buckethead is really one of the few who can do both and do both well.

Sames.

I don't think Axl 's GNR needs a widdle diddle wank wank guitarist...if it meant they couldn't play Shackler's Revenge live anymore I'd be OK with that.

I could name some people but a) I sincerely doubt they'd want the job and b) it wouldn't work out.

Stick with DJ and Fortus, with Ashba taking on all lead duties.

He can't play the Slash stuff properly after 5 years so obviously it doesn't matter to Axl, so let DJ soil the Bucket leads too.

I would sack DJ, keep Fortus, and get another guy who can play rhythm. They don't really need a virtusoso TBH, Fortus has enough lead chopd to handle everything and all they really need is a second guitarist to fill up the rest of the sonic space and then you will have a great sounding band.

The three guitars at times can just oversaturate the live sound, even though with two gutiars you don't have two rhythm tracks behind leads like the studio albums it leaves enough space to give way to clarity and still a powerful sound

IMO they aren't that many players that would be a step up from Ron. I actually can't think of almost any at all. Marty Friedman? Paul Gilbert? Greg Howe?

He's a great guitarist. It's players like him that make me want to quit.

Edited by Evil Ernie