If Ron leaves, which virtuoso would you like to see in the band?

Guest Gunns

Depending on how Ron leaves (if he leaves) I will continue to support him. If He left the band and went on some tell all, Gnr are assholes thing I wouldn't be too impressed. If he leaves he leaves, he's the most straight talking guy in the band and he honestly wanted to work with the band and make new music... if he leaves it will be no surprise.

Doug Aldrich as a replacement though if he does decide to get out.

Where has all this talk about Ron leaving actually come from? Last I heard a few months back he posted something vague on Twitter about "67 days and counting" or something.... but I haven't heard anything since then.

Have I missed something??

Edited by Towelie

Where has all this talk about Ron leaving actually come from? Last I heard a few months back he posted something vague on Twitter about "67 days and counting" or something.... but I haven't heard anything since then.

Have I missed something??

Uk subs had information passed to him

While Axl's still mailing it in every show who really gives a fuck? Could have the best, most talented and charismatic band in the world but as long as Axl is fat and doesn't give a shit it doesn't matter one iota. :shrugs:

Who reckons izzy/duff/robin will rejoin the band?

Would be cool if it happened but Izzy seems to enjoy the quiet life. However, if by some miracle it did happen it would be cool - that way you could have Richard take Ron's spot. Richard's an amazing player, he's better than Ashba.

As for Duff, I could see it happening if Tommy decided to make The Replacements a full time thing and leave, but I don't see Duff being an employee and he'd probably be bothered by the lack of artistic progression in nuGNR (ie no new music).

Rgarding Robin, I think if Trent hadn't have resurrected NIN there may have been a possibility but he's got NIN again now. He's the perfect sideman to Trent, like Ronson was to Bowie so I doubt he'd leave.

Virtuosos should not be, nor should have ever been in Guns n Roses.

The intent was street level and organic, not over baked noodle-wankery.

This

I've never understood how fans of the classic lineup loved to have people like Bumble or Bucket in this band.

Nothing against these guys but they're just misplaced IMO

CD might be great in some way but it's an entirely another vision.

Look at Buckets Nightrain solo. It's great and technically perfect. But R'n'R isn't perfect. His solo doesn't capture the "soul" of Nightrain. Nightrain is a blues based rocker and Buckedheads solo lacks entirely the blues. It lacks the emotion of the original version. That's not what Guns should be. Guns' music was always spread out soul and heart no matter how heavy a song was. They were always RnR and not a band for guys like Malmsteen or Bucket no matter how incredible guitarplayers these guys are.

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

Anyone remember Nick Sterling? Apparently he tried out for GnR when Finck left, and he was in Bach's band for a while...

n42164.jpg

He might be getting a phone call soon?

Guest Gunns

Anyone remember Nick Sterling? Apparently he tried out for GnR when Finck left, and he was in Bach's band for a while...

n42164.jpg

He might be getting a phone call soon?

I strongly believe he'd be the first one to get a call.
If he's the first one to get a call, then god help us all Edited by Gunns

GnR don't need a virtuoso. The Buckethead era could've worked if Axl was bothered but we all know what happened there. :(

Buckethead betrayed Axel?

( just like Salsh before him, no less )

Edited by DR DOOM