Would Axl ever bring back Gilby as a guest?

waxl2000_4big.jpg

We all know that in 2000, Axl chose a Gilby Clarke show to perform for the first time in six years. This is also the last time Axl has performed with Gilby. Anyone think Axl might bring him back as a guest, maybe even at one of the Vegas shows?

No.

And if he did no one would care. That's probably he reason why he chose to perform at a Gilby Clarke show in the first place. Only the hardcores even know about that. If it had been any other member of GNR up until that point, it would have been a kinda-big-deal. But Axl knew that no fucks would be given if he shared the stage with someone as faceless as Gilby.

Guest Gunns

No.

And if he did no one would care. That's probably he reason why he chose to perform at a Gilby Clarke show in the first place. Only the hardcores even know about that. If it had been any other member of GNR up until that point, it would have been a kinda-big-deal. But Axl knew that no fucks would be given if he shared the stage with someone as faceless as Gilby.

Outside of the hardcore new gnr fanbase, no one gave a fuck about Finck guesting on that concert from a few years ago, so that point is kind of mute. Obviously Finck had a bigger impact in GnR then Gibly, but really outside of the hardcores, no one gives a shit about either returning, same could be said for anyone that isn't from the original lineup.

Edited by Gunns

No.

Outside of the hardcore new gnr fanbase, no one gave a fuck about Finck guesting on that concert from a few years ago, so that point is kind of mute. Obviously Finck had a bigger impact in GnR then Gibly, but really outside of the hardcores, no one gives a shit about either returning, same could be said for anyone that isn't from the original lineup.

Umm, did I miss something? Why are we talking about Robin?

Guest Gunns

No.

Just making the comparison that Robin guesting with GnR a few years back would have the same effect in the general media, if Gibly did the same thing.

No one outside of the hardcore fanbase gives a shit about either, not just gibly..

No.

Just making the comparison that Robin guesting with GnR a few years back would have the same effect in the general media, if Gibly did the same thing.

No one outside of the hardcore fanbase gives a shit about either, not just gibly..

Never said anything otherwise.

waxl2000_4big.jpg

We all know that in 2000, Axl chose a Gilby Clarke show to perform for the first time in six years.

Re: The 2000 Cat Club gig, former Izzy & The Ju Ju Hound member Jimmy Ashhurst posted the following on Facebook a while back:-

942954_10151746119593265_1301335991_n.jp

Many moons ago. The morning after this foto I woke up in LA County Jail ;) @axlrose

I didn't realize all that "historical event" stuff was going on. I was just walking past the place when he grabbed me and asked me to sing Wild Horses with him. Now I'm supposed to thank somebody? ;)

Irrelevant to this topic I know, but I remember when this gig occured and I was a huge Izzy/JJH fan back then too, but still didn't recognise Jimmy in the photos :lol: Until he posted it on FB I was completely oblivious. Not much is known about this gig so I post this whenever the opportunity presents itself :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

It seems the dreaded mustache made it's first public appearance that night. And it had been planning it's return ever since. Biding it's time.

Fuck Gilby.

Axl had a moustache plenty of times before the year 2000:

axlgunaz4.jpg

Yeah, but the full-on beard looks good. The mustache by itself, not so much.

To answer the OP, I don't think Axl would be game for that. It just doesn't make sense and I don't think very many people would care. If Gilby got on stage, and Axl introduced him like he does anyone else, people in the crowd wouldn't truly know who it is.

That's an interesting photo. Axl looks a lot like he does today in that photo, for all the shit he gets for letting himself go. He just put on some pounds. People think he looks wildly different, but they're comparing him to the late '80s/early '90s. I mean, obviously.

On topic: I don't think Gilby would guest. I wonder why he was never part of Velvet Revolver though. I saw a Gilby show in Chicago recently. It was awesome.

No
Gilby was just a replacement and his relationship with Axl is kind of non existed since 2000 i think. Plus he performed on the RNRHOF with Slash :P (Duff is an old friend for Axl, Gilby doesn't really)

waxl2000_4big.jpg

We all know that in 2000, Axl chose a Gilby Clarke show to perform for the first time in six years.

Re: The 2000 Cat Club gig, former Izzy & The Ju Ju Hound member Jimmy Ashhurst posted the following on Facebook a while back:-

942954_10151746119593265_1301335991_n.jp

Many moons ago. The morning after this foto I woke up in LA County Jail ;) @axlrose

I didn't realize all that "historical event" stuff was going on. I was just walking past the place when he grabbed me and asked me to sing Wild Horses with him. Now I'm supposed to thank somebody? ;)

Irrelevant to this topic I know, but I remember when this gig occured and I was a huge Izzy/JJH fan back then too, but still didn't recognise Jimmy in the photos :lol: Until he posted it on FB I was completely oblivious. Not much is known about this gig so I post this whenever the opportunity presents itself :rofl-lol:

Lol that would be a good night
It's hilarious: 2000 Axl looks like more 2010-Axl :lol:

No.

Yeah pretty much shows ya what sort of a person he is

Cunt of thing

Because there's only Sorum, Adler and He Who Must Not Be Named left to use as a surprise that the casuals might recognize.

Only Slash is a big attraction. I highly doubt too many people will care about Adler or Sorum playing a few songs with new Guns.