Are these Axl autographs real?

gavgnr

Because 90+ % of Ebay autographs are fake

Secondly I think all the PSA/DNA bulshit is fake

Look at his list of other items you think they really have met all these stars?

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2562

And the other sellers auctions as well

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2562

Edited by ThinkAboutYou
  • Like 1

You'd have to look at what's out there, stuff on video where Axl's signing it, and how he was signing stuff that year. The autographs are from 2006 so he was dating stuff, but he would have been signing everything W Axl Rose and dating it. I think the stuff people get signed now are just "Axl Rose", like the pickguard, which was probably one of the "Ebayers" in NYC that pissed him off.

I think getting a pickguard signed, especially if it's a singer, is stupid unless you're putting it on your own guitar and displaying it somewhere. In general, it's slapped on a guitar to drive the price of it up, and I'll bet that he did try to sell it like that, but had no buyers. I've seen signed baseballs by rock stars, but that's kind of a novelty/fetish some people have.

My opinion is that it looks real but I'd spend no money on the pickguard, 50 bucks for the vinyl because he has been good about signing over the years.

It's not that hard a writing style to replicate though, is it? I'd have to see the man physically maneuver his arm in front of my eyes to want to spend anything on them. Which defeats the whole premise of getting an autograph if you can't get it from the guy himself.

• 1 year later...

Believe it or not but I do actually have an Axl autograph which I am told is genuine. Might wipe my arse on it.

Good lord. Look at your post count. I'm not surprised you wanted that autograph.

What do you think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look good to me but with so many fakes out there, just thought I'd get some other opinions

Looks fake to me. I guess not with that COA.

Edited by campari

Believe it or not but I do actually have an Axl autograph which I am told is genuine. Might wipe my arse on it.

Good lord. Look at your post count. I'm not surprised you wanted that autograph.

What do you think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look good to me but with so many fakes out there, just thought I'd get some other opinions

Looks fake to me. I guess not with that COA.

COA's are only as good as the people/company behind them

some COA's PSA/DNA bullshit is as worthless as toilet paper

• 1 month later...

I have something signed by Axl that he signed for me and right in front of me so i know it's real. The top one on the pick guard i would say is 100% fake.. for 2 reasons. Axl hates ebayers and this is an item i think he would reject signing.

The lies cover looks close but on my autograph he dropped the W and by that time he also dropped signing the date. It does look like how he signed stuff in 06 as it suggests but i would ask for proof.