Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 3 May 2016 at 0:51 AM, classicrawker said:

Just got a copy of a sealed Steve Jones "Fire and Gasoline" promo album on vinyl I have had it on CD since it came out but it sounds fantastic on vinyl....Has one song with Axl..........

Fuckin' ruined it, didnt they?  Guitar sounds good.

'bog is no place to see your face' what a dickhead :lol:  He takes all the bite and lilting disjointedness away and makes it sound like a singalong number.  Axl Rose, what a cock.

Edited by Len B'stard

I'd have to take your word for it as I am not a Sex Pistols connoisseur such as yourself Len but I still think the song still rocks...............I saw Jones open for Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson in a small club which held about 750 people back in 1989. I was leaning on the stage in front of  Jones for his set and he played the whole Fire and Gasoline album which was fantastic live.  Jones set rocked but Hunter/ Ronson's set is still one of my top 10 favorite shows of all time

I ran out and bought the Fire and Gasoline CD the next day and still one of my favorites...........wish he had followed it up as I thought he had a great solo band although I did like the Neurotic Outsiders album but it is not as raw....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qex9Jeq2PGw

Edited by classicrawker

Party - Iggy Pop

And a fuckload of Hank Williams III, someone I'm suprised i like, being something of a puritan and long term fan of Big Hank.  But no, there's some serious quality here.

20 hours ago, classicrawker said:

I'd have to take your word for it as I am not a Sex Pistols connoisseur such as yourself Len but I still think the song still rocks...............I saw Jones open for Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson in a small club which held about 750 people back in 1989. I was leaning on the stage in front of  Jones for his set and he played the whole Fire and Gasoline album which was fantastic live.  Jones set rocked but Hunter/ Ronson's set is still one of my top 10 favorite shows of all time

I ran out and bought the Fire and Gasoline CD the next day and still one of my favorites...........wish he had followed it up as I thought he had a great solo band although I did like the Neurotic Outsiders album but it is not as raw....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qex9Jeq2PGw

I'd love to see Jonesy in any context, he's a champion. 

Edited by Len B'stard

Ace Frehley, Origins, Vol. 1

- Decent. My favourite is 'Street Fighting Man' which really suits the Ace style. 'Fire and Water' (with Paul Stanley) is also good as is 'Spanish Castle Magic'. Slosh turns up on 'Emerald'. It is all solid really, for a covers record. The cover of Kiss's 'Rock and Roll Hell' is certainly an interesting decision. Good alternative versions of Ace's own Kiss songs also. 3/5.

Neil Young/Pearl Jam, Mirror Ball
Neil Young/Crazy Horse, Broken Arrow

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Party - Iggy Pop

And a fuckload of Hank Williams III, someone I'm suprised i like, being something of a puritan and long term fan of Big Hank.  But no, there's some serious quality here.

Excellent choices. Hank III is great.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - What Hits!?

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication