Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Electric Ladyland, the album where Jimi lost his fuckin' mind :lol:  It's testament to his greatness that most people go too far on drugs and fall to bits and make a shit album, Jimi made this.  It's sprawling and it goes in all different directions and it's certainly not as tight as the debut or Axis but it's a wonderful document all on its own, one of the great albums ever made in my book although so are the other two. 

On 5/16/2016 at 0:24 AM, The Real McCoy said:

One of my all-time favorite albums.

It really is great. It would have been interesting to hear GNR as a bands take on it. It's got that southern rock charm that yesterdays or Breakdown has but less polished. More Stonesy. Maybe it was too little too late for it to be a GNR record by that point. It's got the organic sound that has to come at the start of a career or else they say you went flat.

• Like 1

On 15 mei 2016 at 0:48 AM, Sprite said:

Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds.

Man, I've been playing a lot of Izzy too lately. Last week I played River, On Down The Road and Ride On during a drive to Amsterdam. Then I played Ju Ju, 117 and Fire on my way home.

River and On Down The Road are solid as fuck. 

Like A Dog is still one of my least favorites. Played it last week. Got the rest lined up for work tomorrow. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, username said:

Man, I've been playing a lot of Izzy too lately. Last week I played River, On Down The Road and Ride On during a drive to Amsterdam. Then I played Ju Ju, 117 and Fire on my way home.

River and On Down The Road are solid as fuck. 

Like A Dog is still one of my least favorites. Played it last week. Got the rest lined up for work tomorrow. 

He's just got such a laid back Stones vibe but it's subdued. He's cool without trying and it shows in his music. Itunes should release an Izzy  'Best of' just out of respect. He literally has more good songs than any classic rock solo outfit from any rock band I can think of.

I'm breathing in, Somebody knockin, Pressure Drop (Cover but still), Shuffle it all, Train Tracks, Box, Everything's all right, Sweet Caress, Coke'n, Way to go, Highway Zero, Jump in now, far below me now, Feelin' alright, Ain't it a bitch, Gotta say.

It really is incredible how much of a tunesmith he is. 

8 hours ago, Sprite said:

He's just got such a laid back Stones vibe but it's subdued. He's cool without trying and it shows in his music. Itunes should release an Izzy  'Best of' just out of respect. He literally has more good songs than any classic rock solo outfit from any rock band I can think of.

I'm breathing in, Somebody knockin, Pressure Drop (Cover but still), Shuffle it all, Train Tracks, Box, Everything's all right, Sweet Caress, Coke'n, Way to go, Highway Zero, Jump in now, far below me now, Feelin' alright, Ain't it a bitch, Gotta say.

It really is incredible how much of a tunesmith he is. 

Good Enough, Time Gone By, On Down the Road. 

"Before internet piracy there was ...Mr. Izzy Stradlin" - Axl introduces Izzy live. 

• Like 1