Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

16 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Pronnounced Leh-Nerd Sek-Nerd by Lynyrd Skynrd

I really enjoyed that!  Tuesdays Gone was a particular favourite, the opener was also cool, as was Mississippi Kid and Gimme Three Steps.  Warrants more listens...lots more listens.

Skynard is the fuckin tits man. This is one of my favorites. Also the live video of Free Bird at an outdoor show in England, opening for the Stones, was just legendary. By most accounts, they blew the Stones away on that particular day...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I really enjoyed that!  Tuesdays Gone was a particular favourite, the opener was also cool, as was Mississippi Kid and Gimme Three Steps.  Warrants more listens...lots more listens.

hahaha i know ALL the words to Gimme Three Steps! @J Dog may be a southern boy but i am a southern girl ;)

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Skynard is the fuckin tits man. This is one of my favorites. Also the live video of Free Bird at an outdoor show in England, opening for the Stones, was just legendary. By most accounts, they blew the Stones away on that particular day...

ugh sorry but if i never hear Free Bird again i will be a happy camper :facepalm: no offense Fit_ha Whiskey!

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ugh sorry but if i never hear Free Bird again i will be a happy camper :facepalm: no offense Fit_ha Whiskey!

Whaaat? That's one of the best rock songs ever written! Played so often because it's truly great! But I recommended that video because it shows how absolutely incredible they were live... 

Plus it's the first song I ever danced with a girl to... :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Whaaat? That's one of the best rock songs ever written! Played so often because it's truly great! But I recommended that video because it shows how absolutely incredible they were live... 

Plus it's the first song I ever danced with a girl to... :lol:

heard it too many times at funerals of my friends. plus it got a LOT of airplay. just think they had better songs.

first song i ever danced to a guy with was Color My World...it was a Morman dance and that's about as crazy a song that got played :P

On 2/17/2017 at 4:20 AM, Len Cnut said:

Well I'll be damned, you gave it a spin.

The opener, I Ain't the One, love that one. "Now you talkin jive woman"

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Its class as well, one end to the other.  

Tuesday's Gone is almost perfect, one of my top songs by anybody. I Ain't the One is great. Mississippi Kid is great. Gimme Three Steps, Poison Whiskey, just good ass rock songs. Simple Man is some real shit.

Freebird. I'm with AFR that I've heard it probably too much. Didn't it become little punchline once? What do ya wanna hear? Freebird! But I'm with Fith on how good it is. The solo is as good as advertised.

10 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Tuesday's Gone is almost perfect, one of my top songs by anybody. I Ain't the One is great. Mississippi Kid is great. Gimme Three Steps, Poison Whiskey, just good ass rock songs. Simple Man is some real shit.

Freebird. I'm with AFR that I've heard it probably too much. Didn't it become little punchline once? What do ya wanna hear? Freebird! But I'm with Fith on how good it is. The solo is as good as advertised.

I actually didn't know i knew it until i heard it, Otto sings that shit in The Simpsons :lol:  The albums sick though, been listening to it all the way through every morning getting ready for work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcon said:

Paranoid - Black Sabbath.  First time listening to the actual album and I love how the second half sounds like the guys from Cream got angry and made a record.

Thats basically what metal is, people trying to play like Cream without the requisite talent.  And thats not a diss, a lot of good music comes out of that sort of haphazard but earnest approach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats basically what metal is, people trying to play like Cream without the requisite talent.  And thats not a diss, a lot of good music comes out of that sort of haphazard but earnest approach.

Ha.  And I must say I do like the sound.  Fwiw, I enjoyed your posts as you were giving Skynyrd a try.  I was actually kind of excited for you because I knew you were in for a treat.