Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 4/9/2017 at 6:04 PM, username said:

The new Bob Dylan... 

TRIP-COVER-650.jpg 

Three songs in and I'm afraid it's just not my thing again. I loved his run from No Mercy up until Tempest (except the Christmas album). But since he's doing the Sinatra stuff... Shadows In The Night and Fallen Angels...  meh. It might grow on me, but so far... meh. 

BOY was I wrong! This album is amazing. It's the kind of thing you listen to alone in the evening, preferably on either a rainy day or a hot summer night. With a good glass of whisky or beer and just nothing else to distract you. It's just SO old-fashioned relaxed. You need to either be in the mood for it, or take some time for it to get you in the mood. But it's bloody brilliant! 

On 4/12/2017 at 8:04 PM, username said:

BOY was I wrong! This album is amazing. It's the kind of thing you listen to alone in the evening, preferably on either a rainy day or a hot summer night. With a good glass of whisky or beer and just nothing else to distract you. It's just SO old-fashioned relaxed. You need to either be in the mood for it, or take some time for it to get you in the mood. But it's bloody brilliant! 

So basically...you got pissed and listened to it again? :lol:  You say that about EVERYTHING!  'this is best enjoyed with a nice well matured 18 yr old scotch'...you just get hammered and do everything and it makes it better for you :lol:  You should've been like a barfly in the deep South proppin' up the bar in some jukejoint listenin' to down home rhythm and blues, pissed off your tits goin' 'this band is great!' :lol:  (not of this post was a criticism btw, good on ya!)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

So basically...you got pissed and listened to it again? :lol:  You say that about EVERYTHING!  'this is best enjoyed with a nice well matured 18 yr old scotch'...you just get hammered and do everything and it makes it better for you :lol:  You should've been like a barfly in the deep South proppin' up the bar in some jukejoint listenin' to down home rhythm and blues, pissed off your tits goin' 'this band is great!' :lol:  (not of this post was a criticism btw, good on ya!)

When will you learn that having a whisky isn't the same as getting absolutely shitfaced Leonard? :lol: I can easily spend an hour on a good 40 ml glass you know. ;) 

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Got to be one of the greatest live albums of all time.  I mean its universally recognised as such really.

I'd never listened to it. Was revisiting them thanks to the Moon thread and wanted something I hadn't heard to death. It's fucking great. I can see why they say that.

7 hours ago, J Dog said:

I'd never listened to it. Was revisiting them thanks to the Moon thread and wanted something I hadn't heard to death. It's fucking great. I can see why they say that.

You'll like this one, the between song banter is hilairious, apart from it just being an example of The Heartbreakers REALLY being on form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You'll like this one, the between song banter is hilairious, apart from it just being an example of The Heartbreakers REALLY being on form.

I'll check it out for sure. I needed something new from him anyway, I have honestly played his shit out since our first convo's about him. I still need to find that other one you told me about. War something?

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I'll check it out for sure. I needed something new from him anyway, I have honestly played his shit out since our first convo's about him. I still need to find that other one you told me about. War something?

Gang War.  Did you ever check out The MC5?

4 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Song

Check out the album man, for example:

Mad fuckers!  They were linked to John Sinclair and The White Panther Party, after Huey Newton from The Black Panthers said there needs to be a White Panther Party doing parrallel work so they started up, they were quite militant too, their political manifesto was 'cultural revolution by any means necessary including rock n roll, dope and fucking in the streets' :lol: 

• Like 1