Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Elvis Presley - Sun Recording Sessions...possibly the best Elvis ever sounded.

It's my favorite Elvis era.

This song might be perfect...

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, J Dog said:

It's my favorite Elvis era.

This song might be perfect...

It is perfect and yeah its my fav Elvis album too. Its almost a cliche to say so but i dont give a fuck, that album nails it, that and Elvis 56.  Its weird though, feels like Elvis too kind of a dim view to it, when you hear him doing the sit down at the 68 Comeback hes talking about it having shitloads of echo (which it does but God it sounds brilliant, especially on Blue Moon), maybe I'm over-reading shit into it but you just got this vibe like he was kinda lukewarm about em.  I guess that often happens with artists, especially ones that become phenomenons, i can see how that would work, these recordings kinda make you a God but when you look back at em, having made them yourself, you must think like 'wow, ok, so all the fuss started with THIS?!?'.  I dunno, I think they're fantastic though, if you could put those sounds on a plate I'd eat em dry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It is perfect and yeah its my fav Elvis album too. Its almost a cliche to say so but i dont give a fuck, that album nails it, that and Elvis 56.  Its weird though, feels like Elvis too kind of a dim view to it, when you hear him doing the sit down at the 68 Comeback hes talking about it having shitloads of echo (which it does but God it sounds brilliant, especially on Blue Moon), maybe I'm over-reading shit into it but you just got this vibe like he was kinda lukewarm about em.  I guess that often happens with artists, especially ones that become phenomenons, i can see how that would work, these recordings kinda make you a God but when you look back at em, having made them yourself, you must think like 'wow, ok, so all the fuss started with THIS?!?'.  I dunno, I think they're fantastic though, if you could put those sounds on a plate I'd eat em dry.

there's a new series on CMT called Sun Records, i have not seen a single episode but i see the ads for it and it makes me sick. it's about the start of Elvis, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis. the actor they chose to play Elvis is horrid, looks nothing like him, sings nothing like him and i think it's kind of a sacrilege :facepalm:

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

there's a new series on CMT called Sun Records, i have not seen a single episode but i see the ads for it and it makes me sick. it's about the start of Elvis, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis. the actor they chose to play Elvis is horrid, looks nothing like him, sings nothing like him and i think it's kind of a sacrilege :facepalm:

Aw crap, its like a drama serialisation? :(  Got so happy reading the beginning of your post like it was a documentary!  Not that i have or know what CMT is (though I'm assuming its a telly channel).  Might've showed up on youtube though.  To be fair who do you get to play Elvis, he was kinda inimitable.  

BTW if you ain't seen it already Gary Oldman does a great Sid Vicious, again it's one of those things that Geekasaurus fans like myself will pick it to bits but it's a great version of Sid the fictional character.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Aw crap, its like a drama serialisation? :(  Got so happy reading the beginning of your post like it was a documentary!  Not that i have or know what CMT is (though I'm assuming its a telly channel).  Might've showed up on youtube though.  To be fair who do you get to play Elvis, he was kinda inimitable.  

BTW if you ain't seen it already Gary Oldman does a great Sid Vicious, again it's one of those things that Geekasaurus fans like myself will pick it to bits but it's a great version of Sid the fictional character.

i have seen it. love Gary Oldman. but ugh the chick that played Nancy Spungen. i mean i don't know much about Spungen, do you think the actress did an accurate portrayal? i actually would like to see it again now that i am in love with Sid and all.

oh and CMT= Country Music Television. like a cable channel here.

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have seen it. love Gary Oldman. but ugh the chick that played Nancy Spungen. i mean i don't know much about Spungen, do you think the actress did an accurate portrayal? i actually would like to see it again now that i am in love with Sid and all.

oh and CMT= Country Music Television. like a cable channel here.

I think she did Nancy better than he did Sid, which is not something often said.  Nancy was pretty horrible by all accounts.  But then the women always do get painted that way so who knows.

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah we were not at all proud of her being an American...

Poor girl.  I dunno, i think people should get her a break, she was like a mentally not very well girl of the 1970s (not tryna be rude but people are super smart and well informed etc etc etc today, she was little more than a kid, 18/19 when she hooked up with Sid), all these 'rock stars' took advantage of her and she was really a little girl if you think about it and if she was horrible it's worth like...looking at her envoirnment (i.e. NYC in the 1970s, before it was cleaned up, remember this was like 4 years before the big crack epidemic that hip hop goes on about so much and is called such a source of urban fuckery for black people, which is not to be ignored or anything), imagine what that must've been like and the shit she had to do to get by in life.  None of this is meant to excuse her more fucked up side but at the same time like...I'm 33, I can't really look back at a 20 yr old girl who ended up getting stabbed in some rathole hotel and for no good reason really and then look down on her or feel anything but sad about her really.  I mean she was a junkie and all that, fair enough but Sid was hardly squeaky clean in all this.  i think a lot is made of her corrupting influence on Sid because it's a narrative that suits people, they wanna kinda...love Sid and in that context its convenient to make a villian of Nancy and like...regardless of her horrible personality i think she deserves a lot more slack than she gets, despite being horrible.  Because there's types of horrible, isn't there?  Having an irritating whiney personality is hardly a capital crime.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Poor girl.  I dunno, i think people should get her a break, she was like a mentally not very well girl of the 1970s (not tryna be rude but people are super smart and well informed etc etc etc today, she was little more than a kid, 18/19 when she hooked up with Sid), all these 'rock stars' took advantage of her and she was really a little girl if you think about it and if she was horrible it's worth like...looking at her envoirnment (i.e. NYC in the 1970s, before it was cleaned up, remember this was like 4 years before the big crack epidemic that hip hop goes on about so much and is called such a source of urban fuckery for black people, which is not to be ignored or anything), imagine what that must've been like and the shit she had to do to get by in life.  None of this is meant to excuse her more fucked up side but at the same time like...I'm 33, I can't really look back at a 20 yr old girl who ended up getting stabbed in some rathole hotel and for no good reason really and then look down on her or feel anything but sad about her really.  I mean she was a junkie and all that, fair enough but Sid was hardly squeaky clean in all this.  i think a lot is made of her corrupting influence on Sid because it's a narrative that suits people, they wanna kinda...love Sid and in that context its convenient to make a villian of Nancy and like...regardless of her horrible personality i think she deserves a lot more slack than she gets, despite being horrible.  Because there's types of horrible, isn't there?  Having an irritating whiney personality is hardly a capital crime.

idk that much about it, just heard she was not liked here. i watched a interview with her and Sid...well basically her, Sid was passed out on heroin or whaeve. 

i look back on some of the stupid risks i took and honestly don't knw why i wasn't stabbed. wasn't mean back then just did dangerous things. like me and my friend were at a club and these guys asked us if we wanted to do some coke so we said sure. well they lad us out to this old rape van ( that's my term for these kind of vans ) and then they LOCKED the back door. we were essentially trapped and i was thinking ok this is it i am dead. but they were cool, we did a few lines went back in had some drinks and danced. had a lot of other things like that happen...part of why like i was telling you i want to do my life story! like a HUGE cautionary tale kind of thing...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

idk that much about it, just heard she was not liked here. i watched a interview with her and Sid...well basically her, Sid was passed out on heroin or whaeve. 

i look back on some of the stupid risks i took and honestly don't knw why i wasn't stabbed. wasn't mean back then just did dangerous things. like me and my friend were at a club and these guys asked us if we wanted to do some coke so we said sure. well they lad us out to this old rape van ( that's my term for these kind of vans ) and then they LOCKED the back door. we were essentially trapped and i was thinking ok this is it i am dead. but they were cool, we did a few lines went back in had some drinks and danced. had a lot of other things like that happen...part of why like i was telling you i want to do my life story! like a HUGE cautionary tale kind of thing...

Id hate to be a girl, its a rough hustle out there for yous.

The new Bob Dylan... 

TRIP-COVER-650.jpg 

Three songs in and I'm afraid it's just not my thing again. I loved his run from No Mercy up until Tempest (except the Christmas album). But since he's doing the Sinatra stuff... Shadows In The Night and Fallen Angels...  meh. It might grow on me, but so far... meh. 

Edited by username

On 4/7/2017 at 10:22 AM, Len Cnut said:

Just superstar jibberish trying to play great shit off like, it's aight it's aight I can do better. I'd kill to go back and listen to him and Cash and Jerry Lee and Perkins hanging out.

cash3d.jpg

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The Wild - Raekwon the Chef

Verdict? I've only heard one song but I liked it.

15 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Just superstar jibberish trying to play great shit off like, it's aight it's aight I can do better. I'd kill to go back and listen to him and Cash and Jerry Lee and Perkins hanging out.

cash3d.jpg

Verdict? I've only heard one song but I liked it.

Its alright, its solid, i like it, better than the last one, which was also brilliant but more on some playa shit.

And you dont have to to back in time man, its on record.

• Like 2