Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

6 hours ago, username said:

Everybody is raving about Tame Impala like they're the new Pink Floyd or something. Just played Currents. Good album, I like it. But I don't get the hype really.

The two albums before that were waay better and totally different from Currents. If you haven't heard them, you should really really check them out :) 

I LOVE those albums, but Currents has just a small handful songs that I like. 

Edited by MrShankly

Jo Jo Gunne Live 71&73.....A band from my youth...........This band was founded by Jay Ferguson and Mark Andes after the band Spirit  broke up.............This is another of those grey market radio show releases that have been flooding Amazon recently and is decent bootleg quality........Supposedly the 71 show was their first ever as a band.....

Edited by classicrawker
sp

3 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

That album cover looks SO familiar to me yet i know for a fact I've never heard any Neil Young except anything on Jim Jarmusch soundtracks and Live at Massey Hall (which is a belter btw)

It connected with the grunge generation. It probably has a grunge influence but then, grunge had labelled Neil ''the godfather of grunge'' so it is a question of 'who is leading who here?'. A terrific yet dark weird sounding album from Shakey - Kurt Cobain's suicide note is ever present.

18 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

GO ON SON!!!! Thats what you call an album!

Haha Listened through it about 6 times. It's taken me a long time to get into the Sex Pistols, i've had their album for years, but now I finally get it. Been watching a lot of John interviews n that, bought his book Anger is an Energy aswel which I've just started... Im just really starting to love them. And I just love John's honesty, and dedication to his beliefs, no matter what he's going against. And his heart's really in the right place. He's really fucking inspiring. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrShankly said:

Haha Listened through it about 6 times. It's taken me a long time to get into the Sex Pistols, i've had their album for years, but now I finally get it. Been watching a lot of John interviews n that, bought his book Anger is an Energy aswel which I've just started... Im just really starting to love them. And I just love John's honesty, and dedication to his beliefs, no matter what he's going against. And his heart's really in the right place. He's really fucking inspiring. 

check out the documentary The Filth and the Fury, it is fuckin' amazing, not just cuz it's about the greatest band that ever lived but the way it's fuckin' made as well, it's brilliant, really do check it out, even if you don't like The Pistols its a really interesting piece.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

check out the documentary The Filth and the Fury, it is fuckin' amazing, not just cuz it's about the greatest band that ever lived but the way it's fuckin' made as well, it's brilliant, really do check it out, even if you don't like The Pistols its a really interesting piece.

Nice. Will do!