Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Little Child Runnin' Wild"

I'm quite fond of Freddies Dead, musically I mean.  Lets be clear the entire album is gem after gem, a definite 10 out of 10 work, which to be fair all of Curtises first 4 albums are if you ask me.  

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'm quite fond of Freddies Dead, musically I mean.  Lets be clear the entire album is gem after gem, a definite 10 out of 10 work, which to be fair all of Curtises first 4 albums are if you ask me.  

First four as in, Curtis, Roots, Super Fly and Back to the World? I think Sweet Exorcist is really underrated; I enjoyed this record as much as the others really: title track, ''Make Me Believe In You'', ''To be Invisible'' - one of his best ballads, etc.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

First four as in, Curtis, Roots, Super Fly and Back to the World? I think Sweet Exorcist is really underrated; I enjoyed this record as much as the others really: title track, ''Make Me Believe In You'', ''To be Invisible'' - one of his best ballads, etc.

I remember it being good but to be totally honest i havent heard it in years.

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin hell, i think i'll get that myself, cant go wrong for 12 notes eh?  I spent over 30 quid on just two of those at HMV Oxford Street back in the day.

Best thing I've ever bought. These boxsets are great for exploring somebody's discography. I got The Jacksons one about a year ago, and it was great discovering their albums, Triumph, Destiny and that slightly naff '80s sounding one. There are a load of Aretha Franklin ones I'm watching, although this Curtis set will keep me occupied for awhile yet.

7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

You got to listen to Please Please Me. That album was recorded in one day and in order. I almost prefer their Pre-Rubber Soul albums. 

I do prefer their pre-Rubber soul albums.  And yeah, Please Please Me is one of my favourite albums.  The Beatles are the only band I've seen that come close to doing justice to Motown songs when they did them and Motown songs are impossible to do justice to.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1