Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

In the past week:

1. Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love

2. John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band (on his death day)

3. The Beatles - Past Masters, Vol. 2

4. The Beatles - Let It Be

5. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye

6. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!

7. Lou Reed - Ecstasy

8. Foxy Shazam - The Church Of Rock And Roll

9. T. Rex - Tanx

10. Taylor Swift - 1989 (wanted to see what all the hype was about)

11. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (that kind of even things out, right?)

12. The Kinks - Schoolboys In Disgrace

13. The Kinks - A Soap Opera (I always seem to listen to these as a pair)

14. The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue

15. Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball

16. Billy Joel - Cold Spring Harbor

17. Billy Joel - Live At Sigma Sound Studios (Piano Man Deluxe Edition disc 2)

18. Elton John - 17-11-70

19. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks

20. Queen - A Night At The Opera

Jesus, I may have a problem. Luckily I can (try to) justify half of these albums as being what I heard to and from my commute to work.

In the past week:

1. Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love

2. John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band (on his death day)

3. The Beatles - Past Masters, Vol. 2

4. The Beatles - Let It Be

5. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye

6. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!

7. Lou Reed - Ecstasy

8. Foxy Shazam - The Church Of Rock And Roll

9. T. Rex - Tanx

10. Taylor Swift - 1989 (wanted to see what all the hype was about)

11. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (that kind of even things out, right?)

12. The Kinks - Schoolboys In Disgrace

13. The Kinks - A Soap Opera (I always seem to listen to these as a pair)

14. The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue

15. Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball

16. Billy Joel - Cold Spring Harbor

17. Billy Joel - Live At Sigma Sound Studios (Piano Man Deluxe Edition disc 2)

18. Elton John - 17-11-70

19. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks

20. Queen - A Night At The Opera

Jesus, I may have a problem. Luckily I can (try to) justify half of these albums as being what I heard to and from my commute to work.

did you like 1989?

did you like 1989?

No, no I did not. And actually, I don't think I'm as biased of a listener as it may seem. I really did give it an honest chance. The reason I listened to it was after hearing Shake It Off so many times in bars and on the radio I was like "this isn't 'horrible'". Then I heard the song Blank Space and I have to say those two were guilty pleasures. I thought they were fine pop songs. Heard the rest of the album because of the glowing reviews and couldn't find a single other song I remotely enjoyed. I guess its supposed to sound like everything else on radio these days because its her first "pop" album, but any originality she had seemed completely lost here. All the songs sounded manufactured and like anything I would hear on radio today that I would turn off.

I stand by the honest listen though. Thought the album sucked even though those other two songs aren't bad. I respect that she has talent, but the album did absolutely nothing for me. Have you heard it?

did you like 1989?

No, no I did not. And actually, I don't think I'm as biased of a listener as it may seem. I really did give it an honest chance. The reason I listened to it was after hearing Shake It Off so many times in bars and on the radio I was like "this isn't 'horrible'". Then I heard the song Blank Space and I have to say those two were guilty pleasures. I thought they were fine pop songs. Heard the rest of the album because of the glowing reviews and couldn't find a single other song I remotely enjoyed. I guess its supposed to sound like everything else on radio these days because its her first "pop" album, but any originality she had seemed completely lost here. All the songs sounded manufactured and like anything I would hear on radio today that I would turn off.

I stand by the honest listen though. Thought the album sucked even though those other two songs aren't bad. I respect that she has talent, but the album did absolutely nothing for me. Have you heard it?

Yes I have...I put it on my year end top 50 album list (I'm a list whore, btw)

I've always liked her though

In between listening to my heathen black metal, I must have listened to Blank Space 500 times this past month!

• Like 1

Hey, its a good song! It really got stuck in my head, and a few of her past songs have been like that for me. She's always been fine for me, but I've kind of hated the "little girl" type of thing she's played into, either intentionally or unintentionally. Its hard for me to take you seriously with a song like We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

But again, I give her credit. She seems like a fine artist, she writes her own songs, she seems to be level-headed. I've got no problems with her. I wish more songs on the album DID jump out at me like Blank Space but unfortunately they didn't. I'll stick with Billy Joel and Black Sabbath ;) .

Thundercat - Apocalypse

D'Angelo And The Vanguard - Black Messiah

Flying Lotus - Until The Quiet Comes

J. Cole - 2014 Forest Hills Drive

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

Revocation - Revocation

St. Vincent - St. Vincent

• Like 2

Elton John - Live At Radio City Music Hall 2004

Elton John - Live At Madison Square Garden 1999

Elton John - Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

Billy Joel - Turnstiles

Billy Joel - Live At Carnegie Hall 1977

lol god damn.That's a lot to take for any man. And U2 in the middle too. :(

Don't down talk Billy and Elton.

I will never do it again. Opinions are overrated anyway. I like Billy and Elton especially, but not like a big, gay sandwich of it with U2 in the middle to get the suicide juices flowing.

Uno

Dos

Tres...

Cartorce.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

I will never do it again. Opinions are overrated anyway. I like Billy and Elton especially, but not like a big, gay sandwich of it with U2 in the middle to get the suicide juices flowing.

Uno

Dos

Tres...

Cartorce.

Lol I was seeing Billy Joel last week, so thats why he got such a helping. As for Elton, it was completely coincidental that the person I was with the other day had these rare soundboards that I've never heard. So even though it seems like I made this big gay piano sandwich last week, it really was just coincidental that I heard Elton all afternoon and then started getting prepared for Billy in those next few days.

As for what I've been listening to since that last post, its basically just been the rest of Billy Joel's catalogue:

Songs In The Attic

Storm Front

52nd Street

River Of Dreams

Streetlife Serenader

Piano Man

The Stranger

The Nylon Curtain

The Bridge

An Innocent Man

And wrapped it all up with 12 Gardens Live. Now that Billy's been exhausted, it'll be Mad Dogs And Englishmen for Joe tomorrow.

Uno

Dos

Tres...

Cartorce.

Lol I was seeing Billy Joel last week, so thats why he got such a helping. As for Elton, it was completely coincidental that the person I was with the other day had these rare soundboards that I've never heard. So even though it seems like I made this big gay piano sandwich last week, it really was just coincidental that I heard Elton all afternoon and then started getting prepared for Billy in those next few days.

As for what I've been listening to since that last post, its basically just been the rest of Billy Joel's catalogue:

Songs In The Attic

Storm Front

52nd Street

River Of Dreams

Streetlife Serenader

Piano Man

The Stranger

The Nylon Curtain

The Bridge

An Innocent Man

And wrapped it all up with 12 Gardens Live. Now that Billy's been exhausted, it'll be Mad Dogs And Englishmen for Joe tomorrow.

ever hear Billy's band Attilla?