Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Exile on Main Street - The Rolling Motherfuckin' Stones

Name me a better rock album...name it, just name it! There fuckin' ain't one...and there never fuckin' will be, people just dont make that kinda noise no more :)

'Gon' tell ya bout a dance, thats goin A-round'

You want a ballad, a love song, you want rock, country, honky tonk, black blues, rockabilly and soul by the pound its all here...said whaddya know, bout slim harpo' :lol:

You like the Chinese Democracy of Rolling Stones albums. They get a fancy guitar player and make an epic album with no hits which flopped only to rise to the top. It basically invented the idea of the huge spiritual rock album.

Exile is pure fuckin' American rhythm n blues with fuelled by cocaine and alcohol but more than those two elements it stands upon the foundation of talent, it is pure basic fuckin' American rhythm n blues, undilluted, it is a work of genius. Chinese Democracy is an embarassing pack of bollocks. These are the immediate difference :lol:
Different styles but similar concept and scope.

We're shagged in a variety of styles.

Like Rocks off, Rip this Joint to Shine a Light and Soul Survivor. It takes you on a journey. I just think both are records you can listen to start to finish and never get the same song twice and has this theme which holds it together and kind of goes out there as far as it can.

No other Stones album has that movie story telling feel. They just do a few songs and fuck off really.

I just think the track order is very good then. Its not the Small faces is it, theres ambitious songs on there, a choir on Shine a Light? A variety of styles in a we don't care way. It just has this way of picking the right kind of song next so you dont get bored. Theres crap like Ventilator blues but its about time for something like that. I just think its beautiful in that way, pacing way. I feel like the whole thing tells a story. You get to those last tracks and you feel released. I always listen to it as an album. But probably only Tumbling Dice as a song. Anyway I just surprised thought you'd prefer early years with Jones, not the most ott one, Black and Blue or Undercover are the most listenable to me.

Edited by wasted

I just think the track order is very good then. Its not the Small faces is it, theres ambitious songs on there, a choir on Shine a Light? A variety of styles in a we don't care way. It just has this way of picking the right kind of song next so you dont get bored. Theres crap like Ventilator blues but its about time for something like that. I just think its beautiful in that way, pacing way. I feel like the whole thing tells a story. You get to those last tracks and you feel released. I always listen to it as an album. But probably only Tumbling Dice as a song. Anyway I just surprised thought you'd prefer early years with Jones, not the most ott one, Black and Blue or Undercover are the most listenable to me.

I think its just a reasonably in depth exploration of all the different aspects and influences and component parts of rock n roll all slammed down in one album. Joe Strummer called it an album that sounds like it was made by a bunch of drunks, i see what he means, if in fact he meant it like the compliment i took it as.

Chi Dem i see as misconcieved experimentation by people with not a lot of imagination, Exile is a roots album.

A lot of people compare London Calling to it.

Edited by Len B'stard

1. World Party - Egyptology

2. World Party Arkeology (Discs 1 & 2 of 5)

3. World Party - Goodbye Jumbo

4. Yes - Fragile (twice)

5. Yes - Close To The Edge

6. Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

7. Genesis - Nursery Cryme

8. Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction (one of my best hour long gym experiences ever)

9. Bob Dylan - Tempest

10. The Beatles - White Album

11. George Harrison & Friends - The Concert For Bangladesh

Exile on Main Street - The Rolling Motherfuckin' Stones

Name me a better rock album...name it, just name it! There fuckin' ain't one...and there never fuckin' will be, people just dont make that kinda noise no more :)

'Gon' tell ya bout a dance, thats goin A-round'

You want a ballad, a love song, you want rock, country, honky tonk, black blues, rockabilly and soul by the pound its all here...said whaddya know, bout slim harpo' :lol:

You like the Chinese Democracy of Rolling Stones albums. They get a fancy guitar player and make an epic album with no hits which flopped only to rise to the top. It basically invented the idea of the huge spiritual rock album.

Exile is pure fuckin' American rhythm n blues with fuelled by cocaine and alcohol but more than those two elements it stands upon the foundation of talent, it is pure basic fuckin' American rhythm n blues, undilluted, it is a work of genius. Chinese Democracy is an embarassing pack of bollocks. These are the immediate difference :lol:

Exactly

Exile is their best album

CD is Axl's solo record

Period

The World Needs A Hero - Megadeth

My least fave deth record but it isn't a bad record, I love When (after the hilarious whining intro), Burning Bridges, Return to Hangar, Dread And the Fugitive Mind and Recipe for Hate... Warhorse.

I love Motopsycho and Dread and the Fugitive Mind. Disconnect too.

System has Failed is good one too.

Tumbleweed Connection - Elton John

Live in San Francisco - Joe Satriani

Uno - Green Day

No way is it a solo record, theres way too many significant writers like Finck, Bucket, Tobias, Pitman. Axl wrote TIL, thats it. I can see why people dont see it as real GNR but a solo record is preposterous.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1