Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang 36 Chambers

I've decided to download a stack of the biggest hiphop classics and give them all another spin. Biggie's Ready To Die is on now. Raising Hell (Run-DMC), Straight Outta Compton (NWA), Reasonable Doubt (Jay-Z), It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back (Public Enemy), All Eyez On Me (Tupac), The Chronic (Dre), Death Certificate (Ice Cube), Black Sunday (Cypress Hill), Licence To Ill (Beastie Boys) and Illmatic (Nas) are on the list too.

Maybe I'll add some Outkast...

I love you.

Please be gentle, I'm a virgin.

(I'll stick EPs in albums.) The three UK Rolling Stones EPs, eponymous, Five by Five and Got Live If You Want It!. Early raw Stones, blues, rock n' roll covers delivered with a British backbeat.

Fuck, I can't find those anywhere.

The differences between the UK and US discographies for the Stones (up to about 1967) is even more complicated than The Beatles.

Fuckin' annoying innit? Is one more comprehensive than the other then or what? Which lots better?

Not really although The Stones and Beatles saw the UK editions as their definitive versions. The main differences between the UK and the US markets is that the UK had a thriving EP market which the US did not possess, and that the Americans preferred the single (a and b-side) on the actual album whereas the British liked stand along singles. So the British EP tracks became LP tracks in America and you have to buy the London Sessions to get all of the stand alone a-sides that are not on the UK albums, stuff like Paint it Black which the Americans placed on Aftermath. Also a lot of UK LP tracks were removed when the Americans inserted the singles so you had all these leftovers and bits and bobs. There are also instances where, accidentally, the Americans used a different version or mix of a song, e.g. 'Time Is On My Side' with the organ intro. Some of these US rarities were not released in the UK until the mid-late '70s.

That is the simplified version.

PS

Further on this, buy the twenty-nine studio albums. Buy Singles Collection: London Years (which operates like The Beatles' Past Masters). Metamorphosis is worthy US release to buy as is an album called Rarities 1971–2003 - you will not be repeating tracks with those two. Fill out any gaps with downloads.

Leave aside some of the dodgier post 1970s live albums of which the Stones have too many haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy