Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Not to answer someone elses question but i think its great, i think Noel is routinely good, theres really not a bad song on either of his two solo albums, its great, consistent, i really hope Noel ends up with a long solo career with a lot of albums. I kinda root for Noel, kinda grown up with him, he was a big thing when i was a kid and hes still there putting consistently good music out, really want him to do well.

I think one day he's going to be more appreciated than he is maybe.

Mahavisnu Orchestra live in Buffalo NY 1973. They played most of Inner Mounting Flame album. One band I regret never having seen live....

Got this double CD from Amazon UK as it is an old radio show. Evidenlty I have heard rumours that there is some loophole in the copyright law in Europe which allow anyone to release old live concert radio shows so Amazon UK has tons of them now. This Mahavishnu release sounds fantastic. I got shows from Steely Dan, Joe Walsh, early Queensryche, and Kansas. Looking at some really old Rush and Neil Young live shows.

Edited by classicrawker

Chasaing Yesterday - Noely G

Love - The Beatles

Black Sunday - Cypress Hill

Very listenable. It kind of grows on you, it's not very exciting but it's nice on a Saturday afternoon with a few beers. One of the extra tracks is called Do the Damage I think and that's the one I listen to the most and Riverman. I haven't listen to it much but it's safe like a George Ezra album. Put it on in the background. Edited by wasted

Not to answer someone elses question but i think its great, i think Noel is routinely good, theres really not a bad song on either of his two solo albums, its great, consistent, i really hope Noel ends up with a long solo career with a lot of albums. I kinda root for Noel, kinda grown up with him, he was a big thing when i was a kid and hes still there putting consistently good music out, really want him to do well.

I think one day he's going to be more appreciated than he is maybe.

I liked his first solo album. I too think that hes one of the best songwriters of the past 20 years. What I dislike about his solo album is the production. For example Always on the run that cheesy intro. The version he did as a soundcheck back on tour with oasis was ten times better. Same with stop the clocks or record machine.

Since Ive been tied to the bed for the bigger part of the year i didnt get around to listen to his new record.

@wasted his extra tracks are always great. Do you know a simple game of genius?

The Rolling Stones - Out of Our Heads; London Years; It's Only Rock 'n Roll; Satanic Majesties (what a load of bollocks!); Between the Buttons; Let it Bleed

The Rolling Stones Over Wembley (boot from a gig I attended in 1999)

Michael Jackson - History

Prince - Purple Rain

Prince - Planet Earth (good album)

David Bowie, “The Last Show We’ll Ever Do” (Eat A Peach 68/69)

Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK. 3rd of July, 1973

Disc 1 – Introduction by Barry Bethal / Mike Garson’s Medley / Clockwork Orange theme (Beethoven’s Ode to Joy) / Hang on to Yourself / Ziggy Stardust / Watch That Man / Wild Eyed Boy From Free cloud (medley) – All the Young Dudes – Oh, You Pretty Things / Moonage Daydream / Changes / Space Odyssey / My Death

Disc 2 – (Announcement and the William Tell Overture) / Cracked Actor / Time / Width of aCircle (BandIntroduction) / Let’s Spend the Night Together / Suffragette City / White Light White Heat / Jean Genie / Round and Round / Rock and Roll Suicide / Pomp and Circumstance by Edward Elgar

This is a bootleg but is the complete SB recording of the last show of Bowie Ziggy Stardust era including the songs Jeff Beck played on that were left off the official release........Man do I miss Mick Ronson.....that man was brilliant......

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1