Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Today was classic live albums day at work. Declared by me.

BB King - Live At The Regal

Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Session

Johnny Cash - Live At Folsom Prison

Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Pink Floyd - The Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Ten Years After - Live At The Fillmore East

Bob Marley - Babylon By Bus

• Like 2

CurtisMayfieldSuperfly.jpg

It is this nice little book with a second disc with extra long versions etc. I've never listened to the second disc yet.

PS

What a bloody album. Classy as anything, isn't it? Gorgeous jazzy orchestration. Superb vocals. Lyrical content which was revolutionary. Superb instrumentation. Proper music.

If you go through this thread there are like 500 posts where I'm listening to this, it is probably the greatest film soundtrack ever, if you listen to Snoop Doggy Doggs first album you most of this album on it by way of samples of reinaction of scenes. SUCH a brilliant album, it really is, it is a must in every car I've ever owned, a copy of this, i cant tell you how fucking fantastic it is...and how underrated Mayfield is overall as a guitarist, probably the least recognised and credited great of the guitar out there. Love love love love LOVE this album. There is not a track on it that is not 10 out of 10.

What of the rest of his discography? I've been eyeing up this, the £10 mark (again another great example of these cheap boxsets),

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Album-Curtis-Mayfield/dp/B00DDVPXSW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1450297096&sr=8-4&keywords=curtis+mayfield

I've heard Roots is also a classic.

CurtisMayfieldSuperfly.jpg

It is this nice little book with a second disc with extra long versions etc. I've never listened to the second disc yet.

PS

What a bloody album. Classy as anything, isn't it? Gorgeous jazzy orchestration. Superb vocals. Lyrical content which was revolutionary. Superb instrumentation. Proper music.

If you go through this thread there are like 500 posts where I'm listening to this, it is probably the greatest film soundtrack ever, if you listen to Snoop Doggy Doggs first album you most of this album on it by way of samples of reinaction of scenes. SUCH a brilliant album, it really is, it is a must in every car I've ever owned, a copy of this, i cant tell you how fucking fantastic it is...and how underrated Mayfield is overall as a guitarist, probably the least recognised and credited great of the guitar out there. Love love love love LOVE this album. There is not a track on it that is not 10 out of 10.

What of the rest of his discography? I've been eyeing up this, the £10 mark (again another great example of these cheap boxsets),

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Album-Curtis-Mayfield/dp/B00DDVPXSW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1450297096&sr=8-4&keywords=curtis+mayfield

I've heard Roots is also a classic.

Begin with Curtis then listen to Roots, personally i prefer Curtis. I'm tellin' ya, the mans class :)

Edited by Len B'stard

Jackson Browne with David Lindley Live in Philadelphia 1975

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015YQPB8K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

This is another of the copyright loophole radio shows releases that have been flooding Amazon UK recently.

It has official release sound quality and features a lot of songs from Browne's brilliant early albums along with a lot of excellent cover versions of songs you don't normally hear people play. He does several Warren Zevon songs and the concert also features the amazing playing of David Lindley on Fiddle, banjo, mandolin etc...If it has strings on it Lindley can play it....This is a must have for any Jackson Browne fan IMHO

Geez, I am waaaaaay behind on this:

Downloaded The Grateful Dead 80 CD box set from 1965-1995 which led me to:

1. The Grateful Dead - Europe 72

2. The Grateful Dead - Skull And Roses

3. The Grateful Dead - The Grateful Dead Movie Soundtrack (disc 1)

4. Bob Weir - Ace

Watched the U2 HBO special:

5. U2 - Songs Of Innocence

6. Eagles Of Death Metal - Zipper Down

Various:

7. Elton John - Elton 60 (Disc 1)

8. Prince - PlectrumElectrum

9. George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

10. Rush - R40 Live (second set)

11. The Police - Regatta de Blanc

12. The Band - The Last Waltz (disc 3)

13. Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion I

14. Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion II

15. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks

16. T. Rex - Electric Warrior

17. T. Rex - The Slider

18. T. Rex - Tanx

Watched the Eagles documentary which led to:

19. Eagles - Eagles

20. Eagles - Desperado

21. Eagles - On The Border

22. Eagles - One Of These Nights

23. Eagles - Hotel California (twice)

24. Eagles - The Long Run

25. The Company Of Snakes - Here They Go Again

26. Whitesnake - Slip Of The Tongue

27. Whitesnake - Ready An' Willing

28. Whitesnake - Come An' Get It

Lullabies to Paralize - Queens of the Stone Age

So good.

I like how Josh comes up with something fresh for every new release. This one was a little straightforward, but I always go back to it.

After the last listen I was thinking it's better than songs for the deaf. It's less rock n roll. But it has this hypnotic thing. Kind of darker and more mysterious and slightly sinister. I want to listen to Era Vulgaris and Like Clockwork which I read is much less rocking so I'm interested to hear it. I've been listening to the live album. Josh does an Axl on a fan after three songs.

Led Zeppelin "Magical Sound Boogie" Soundboard bootleg of their June 7th, 1977 Madison Square Garden show.....the performances 1977 U.S. tour was very variable due to Page's heroin addiction but the MSG shows were quite good IMHO. I had a chance to go see one of the 6 shows they played at MSG that tour but turned down the offer for some reason I can't remember........sure wish I had a do over on that one......

• Like 1