Old Members Contributions To Unreleased Material

Well, if that's the case, he's had plenty of time and musicians to write new songs with :shrugs:

Hmm think so ? He doesnt have all the money being thrown at him like during the cd sessions. DJ is here since 09 so this group together for 5 years.. For anyone else sure that's plenty of time but Axl idk. Was hard for the guy to find the muse while working with guys like bucket it must be damn near impossible now lolz

Does anyone think Axl does not want to release an album and give credit to bucket head and finck since they left him? Possibly halting a next release till god knows when?

nah, it has nothing to do with his former employees. if axl hated those guys, their picture wouldn't be in the cd booklet.

there's no release because the songs are not good enough to be released, moreover there's no demand for a new nugnr album.

Does anyone think Axl does not want to release an album and give credit to bucket head and finck since they left him? Possibly halting a next release till god knows when?

nah, it has nothing to do with his former employees. if axl hated those guys, their picture wouldn't be in the cd booklet.

there's no release because the songs are not good enough to be released, moreover there's no demand for a new nugnr album.

You don't think Axl has Afew more songs atleast on par with the songs on Chinese?? There isn't a demand but I don't think there's really a demand for any rock record ?

Well, if that's the case, he's had plenty of time and musicians to write new songs with :shrugs:

Hmm think so ? He doesnt have all the money being thrown at him like during the cd sessions. DJ is here since 09 so this group together for 5 years.. For anyone else sure that's plenty of time but Axl idk. Was hard for the guy to find the muse while working with guys like bucket it must be damn near impossible now lolz

Yeah well, it's one or the other (supposing he's interested in releasing something). He gets over the fact that it's 'old' material, written by former bandmembers, or he just works on new stuff.

Also, Buckethead had left the band by the time CD came out, so that wasn't a problem. Why would it be now ? And didn't Finck guest on a gig once ? I would assume there would be no bad blood then.

You don't think Axl has Afew more songs atleast on par with the songs on Chinese?? There isn't a demand but I don't think there's really a demand for any rock record ?

maybe he has a couple of songs on par with the cd songs. but that's not enough to make a gnr record. axl wants (or wanted) to be successful, he doesn't want to release an album just to make happy the diehards. moreover axl isn't the only one involed, there's also the record company which certainly is more interested in an album with slash&axl on it. Edited by supercool

Yeah well, it's one or the other (supposing he's interested in releasing something). He gets over the fact that it's 'old' material, written by former bandmembers, or he just works on new stuff.

Also, Buckethead had left the band by the time CD came out, so that wasn't a problem. Why would it be now ? And didn't Finck guest on a gig once ? I would assume there would be no bad blood then.

True bucket was long gone.. How many songs was bucket on afteral on Chinese? That's true I don't think he hates these guys at all, honestly just looking for reasons this damn album ain't here yet hah..

maybe he has a couple of songs on par with the cd songs. but that's not enough to make a gnr record. axl wants (or wanted) to be successful, he doesn't want to release an album just to make happy the diehards. moreover axl isn't the only one involed, there's also the record company which certainly is more interested in an album with slash&axl on it.

You don't know shit about shit when it comes to how many songs on par with cd are in the vault.

• Like 1

i know that if there were many great songs in the vaults, they would already have been released.

i cannot think of a reason why the record company would choose not to release any good song axl had. as someone else said at gunsnfnroses.com, it's illogical to assume a record company, after investing record amounts in an album, would choose to release a bunch of crappy songs and save anything good for the unlikely event that the public demands a sequel. their goal is to make money. to do this, they sell music they think people will want to buy. it's really not any more complicated than that.

i know that if there were many great songs in the vaults, they would already have been released.

i cannot think of a reason why the record company would choose not to release any good song axl had. as someone else said at gunsnfnroses.com, it's illogical to assume a record company, after investing record amounts in an album, would choose to release a bunch of crappy songs and save anything good for the unlikely event that the public demands a sequel. their goal is to make money. to do this, they sell music they think people will want to buy. it's really not any more complicated than that.

No you don't. You don't know that. It's your opinion. Axl is known to not release music. Just because he has yet to release more, doesn't mean there isn't an album worth of finished AAA songs collecting dust in the vault.

It's illogical to assume the record company is the only deciding factor here. If you know anything about the process of releasing an album, you're aware that it involves a long negotiation period in many cases. If Axl is not onboard, shit won't get released. If the record company's not onboard, shit won't get released. And it's even more complicated then that.

If I had to guess I'd say the record company is willing to release it cause they want to make money, but not with the conditions Axl is asking for. The quality of the music has nothing to do with it.

It's in their best interest to release even an average album just to make money. Something is better then nothing, but even if cd ll is just as good as cd was, Axl needs to be onboard. He's not in a hurry, and he's not exactly easy to work with either.

Edited by Rovim

It's illogical to assume the record company is the only deciding factor here.

it's not illogical at all because the record company is the owner of everything recorded by axl during the cd sessions. they decide whatever they want to release. not axl.

the record company released the greatest hits in spite of axl's opposition...

it's not illogical at all because the record company is the owner of everything recorded by axl during the cd sessions. they decide whatever they want to release. not axl.

So why would the record company refuse to release a record ?

So why would the record company refuse to release a record ?

probably because nobody would give a shit about a new nugnr album, there's no demand. the record company wants to make money, and releasing a nugnr album is not a good way to make money.

No

In this case, he would make new music with the new guys

/thread

Edited by Crash Diet

probably because nobody would give a shit about a new nugnr album, there's no demand. the record company wants to make money, and releasing a nugnr album is not a good way to make money.

Doesn't make sense to me, if the music is ready to go. They've already done the investment, and I'm talking about the CD-leftovers here, so why not release it ? Would it be such a cost to just release it ? Then how come so many people get albums out ? There's tons of albums coming out that couldn't sell a fraction of what GNR would sell, even today.

• Like 2

Oh seriously, don't say this bullshit

You even said that the label only interested in an album with Slash and co.

if this is true, then you prove yourself wrong about this issue

it's not about how great the songs are etc.

It's about money, terms and conditions, market issues, Axl getting older and older etc. Plus (what you said) Slash and reunion

Plus as you may know, records sales are downer than the Grand Canyon now, it's a dying industry. Digital retails maybe the future, but the old tens of MILLIONs record sales age is over.

Btw i don't think a reunion would ever happen with Slash, Axl is just simply cash grabbing now. HE doesn't want to improve this situation, beacuse he doesn't have the fire in him and he doen't want to prove anything now. Just getting older and play the same old GH setlist every night while paying the replacement of the replacements

That's all

Edited by Crash Diet

False. Even if Axl owes them one more album, if it's original material we're talking about here, you can bet your ass Axl has a say. The record company usually is not powerless either and can reject an album. The greatest hits compilation was totally different: Axl wasted a lot of the record's company money and it was a stop gap. Their right to release it doesn't mean they can do that with original material, and they had a good fuckin' reason to release it.

Now that they made a profit with Chinese, the logical thing will be to make more money from the Chinese leftovers. Any other decision will be a loss.

Edited by Rovim

Doesn't make sense to me, if the music is ready to go. They've already done the investment, and I'm talking about the CD-leftovers here, so why not release it ? Would it be such a cost to just release it ? Then how come so many people get albums out ? There's tons of albums coming out that couldn't sell a fraction of what GNR would sell, even today.

I agree, if Axl self-funds the new record (him and GNR have plenty of cash) and it includes some CD-era stuff, which it most definitely would in some capacity, unless the label believe they can force him into a reunion, which they'd be hilariously retarded to continue to do so, I don't see how its a losing situation for them. If anything, let's say they rejected it in 2010, that's a massive fail on their part because the momentum has only gone downhill.

Everyone knows records don't make much money anymore, perhaps Axl knows putting the effort in for new music will not attract many more people to a GNR show but this didn't stop him originally pushing his new songs.

could be a myriad of reasons...royalty issues..writing credits..intellectual property rights...or ..whats left just sucks and the participants dont want credit for it or they want crdit for it and are not getting it etc......Just another day job to pay for the lifestyle ........who knows? And at this point..does it matter? How cheesy is it to put out music from a musicians that are no longer associated with the brand name while you have in fold a current unit? You have two new guitarist in the fold.. chomping at the bit but you feel obligated to push the CD material from the original vision? If that does indeed occour.. all that does is spit in BBF and DJs face... delays their ability to have their moment in the sun on any album associated with GNR. Im not interestsed in the approach of either one of them recording over Slash Izzy Fink BH and Huge material...

Ideally: This band-18 songs- all original material written recorded and produced within the last 2 years and delivered. Release the old stuff as relics somewhere somehow.. but keep this band fresh and in the NOW.

i dont hear this rumour much on this board concerning the why of No NEW music... could be this...perhaps... GNR/Axl desires/ wants to or Has to purchase it back and buy out his contract from the record company approach- so that he has sole and absolute rights to his art. Several bands/artists have achieved the stature to do such a thing and that may be the honus in all of this madness. We already know that Axl gets very very tricky on people profiting from him and his band.rather it be journalists, award shows, Bootlegs, merchandise etc( you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me") Given the shit show of the last go round release.. it very easily could be that Axl is forcing the issue himself .. to literly take back his name and his material and cut the leeches and parasites out of the picture. Notice that he wheels out the band from time to time for a cash grab tour... tours long enough to pull some revenue in to coast on( pay the current fellas their retainer fees and services for a few years and then goes on about his business behind the scenes. Not an all together unlivable miserable situtation seeing hows hes all but divorced himself from the public arena of popular opinion decades ago.

Crue and other bands all have said that albums are money pits now days and unless you do it for your fans out of pocket -traditional albums sales tend to lose money because the ablilty to download. We know with modern technology that these veteran bands could be cranking out material left and right all the time.. but there is no money in it so they dont do it. Axl knows that the second he plays a new song that its going world wide on YOUTUBE before the concert ends and the $$$ loss in sales diminishes. I dont see a scenario where 25,000 fans are made to check their cell phones in at the gates before a show....

When CD material was played in 2000 it was what maybe a day after HOB and Rio that we had full concert bootlegs of it? That was.. before YOUTUBE made it INSTANT.

I see all of this as complacency...but I see it also from the strictly business point of view. Why create something so dynamic and pour your heart and soul into it just to have someone else profit from it? Why allow the bloat and excess of the record lable dictate to you how and when you do something? Why create something that your fans will appreciate knowing that the majority will get the album from downloading it for free?? The value of anything is what you have to give in order to get.. and when something is free...somehow the value of it diminishes. seldom is it appreciated and cherished.

CD might have made its money back but the fervor for a new GNR album fell to far less than projections... Ask Best Buy about that.. what was the lesson learned? Dont take that risk ... the scenario has changed.. only the hard core fans will buy a tangible album and what remains of the genre is not the flavor of the month in popular culture.

could be a myriad of reasons...royalty issues..writing credits..intellectual property rights...or ..whats left just sucks and the participants dont want credit for it or they want crdit for it and are not getting it etc......Just another day job to pay for the lifestyle ........who knows? And at this point..does it matter? How cheesy is it to put out music from a musicians that are no longer associated with the brand name while you have in fold a current unit? You have two new guitarist in the fold.. chomping at the bit but you feel obligated to push the CD material from the original vision? If that does indeed occour.. all that does is spit in BBF and DJs face... delays their ability to have their moment in the sun on any album associated with GNR. Im not interestsed in the approach of either one of them recording over Slash Izzy Fink BH and Huge material...

Ideally: This band-18 songs- all original material written recorded and produced within the last 2 years and delivered. Release the old stuff as relics somewhere somehow.. but keep this band fresh and in the NOW.

i dont hear this rumour much on this board concerning the why of No NEW music... could be this...perhaps... GNR/Axl desires/ wants to or Has to purchase it back and buy out his contract from the record company approach- so that he has sole and absolute rights to his art. Several bands/artists have achieved the stature to do such a thing and that may be the honus in all of this madness. We already know that Axl gets very very tricky on people profiting from him and his band.rather it be journalists, award shows, Bootlegs, merchandise etc( you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me") Given the shit show of the last go round release.. it very easily could be that Axl is forcing the issue himself .. to literly take back his name and his material and cut the leeches and parasites out of the picture. Notice that he wheels out the band from time to time for a cash grab tour... tours long enough to pull some revenue in to coast on( pay the current fellas their retainer fees and services for a few years and then goes on about his business behind the scenes. Not an all together unlivable miserable situtation seeing hows hes all but divorced himself from the public arena of popular opinion decades ago.

Crue and other bands all have said that albums are money pits now days and unless you do it for your fans out of pocket -traditional albums sales tend to lose money because the ablilty to download. We know with modern technology that these veteran bands could be cranking out material left and right all the time.. but there is no money in it so they dont do it. Axl knows that the second he plays a new song that its going world wide on YOUTUBE before the concert ends and the $$$ loss in sales diminishes. I dont see a scenario where 25,000 fans are made to check their cell phones in at the gates before a show....

When CD material was played in 2000 it was what maybe a day after HOB and Rio that we had full concert bootlegs of it? That was.. before YOUTUBE made it INSTANT.

I see all of this as complacency...but I see it also from the strictly business point of view. Why create something so dynamic and pour your heart and soul into it just to have someone else profit from it? Why allow the bloat and excess of the record lable dictate to you how and when you do something? Why create something that your fans will appreciate knowing that the majority will get the album from downloading it for free?? The value of anything is what you have to give in order to get.. and when something is free...somehow the value of it diminishes. seldom is it appreciated and cherished.

CD might have made its money back but the fervor for a new GNR album fell to far less than projections... Ask Best Buy about that.. what was the lesson learned? Dont take that risk ... the scenario has changed.. only the hard core fans will buy a tangible album and what remains of the genre is not the flavor of the month in popular culture.

Great post!

The reason we don't have a new album is as simple as this: Axl's ego.

Axl still believes it is the 90s and that he should get a $$$$$$$$ advance for an album, even thought it has already been recorded and the record company already gave him the advance for it twice over during the CD sessions. I'm sure he still wants to be compensated as if it is a brand new album and as if he is still on top of the world - even though he can't fill 5000 seats in a US arena. This is why we don't have an album. Axl's ego.

The reason we don't have a new album is as simple as this: Axl's ego.

Axl still believes it is the 90s and that he should get a $$$$$$$$ advance for an album, even thought it has already been recorded and the record company already gave him the advance for it twice over during the CD sessions. I'm sure he still wants to be compensated as if it is a brand new album and as if he is still on top of the world - even though he can't fill 5000 seats in a US arena. This is why we don't have an album. Axl's ego.

I don't buy this one.. Axl, the man who is so obsessed with the way people see and treat him knows for damn sure it's not the 90s anymore. It may be his ego but I think it's more about not being disrespected for him? He might remember all the hatred and negativity when he released Chinese and say, why the fuck go through that again.