"Sweet Child O 'Mine" is plagiarized?

header-mira-regis_171003.jpg

'Unpublished Critics', from the band Australian Crawl, was released in 1981, six years before the GNR and his "Sweet Child".

In fact, the music is very similar to "Sweet Child O 'Mine" and was actually released on the album "Sirocco" 1981.

https://br.noticias.yahoo.com/blogs/mira-regis/tio-regis-vai-ajudar-na-divers%C3%A3o-para-o-194214902.html

Meh. There are similarities in the chords and very minor similarities in a melody or two, but nothing that warrants being called "plagerism" IMO.

Oh, no, no way. But there are similarities. Guess it's just coincidence.

I guess you could argue it has the same chord progression (D, C, G) but not much else. If you sing the melody of SCOM over top it fits, but it's not the exact same melody. Certain chord progressions at certain tempos will lend themselves to comparisons.

Saying that one band ripped of another band because they're using D, C, G for their verses is kind of ridiculous.

The intro could have been either a Cars song and also Glycerine by Bush.

Edited by downzy

I never heard of this band before or this song, however I can pretty much guarantee that is a rip off, occasionaly you will hear a song that sounds identical or reminds you of a song, however that sounds like GNR basically ripped off the main part of the song and changed the lyrics

I never heard of this band before or this song, however I can pretty much guarantee that is a rip off, occasionaly you will hear a song that sounds identical or reminds you of a song, however that sounds like GNR basically ripped off the main part of the song and changed the lyrics

lmao