"Sweet Child O 'Mine" is plagiarized?

Interesting to note but these guys (Australian Crawl) had 1 album released on a US record label and this song was on that album, and can you guess what record label distrubuted it? that is right Geffen Records

can't help but think the guys from Guns were sitting around listening to records they assumed most people in the US never heard of and just ripped it off

Interesting to note but these guys (Australian Crawl) had 1 album released on a US record label and this song was on that album, and can you guess what record label distrubuted it? that is right Geffen Records

can't help but think the guys from Guns were sitting around listening to records they assumed most people in the US never heard of and just ripped it off

Shit, that must be it.

hey man, makes sense.

• Like 1

The more I listen to it, the more I tend to agree. The similarities are just there. Like the song anyway.

I highly doubt guns stole this but im pretty sure they used this track as inspiration or smth, how does one not hear the similarities ?

*edit: listened to it again and no fucking way this is a coincidence haha. good find

Edited by grouse
  • Like 1

SCOM originally ripped off Immigrant Song by Zeppelin though, that's clear plagiarism.

lol what how does SCOM have anything to do with Immigrant Song

The chorus sounds suspiciously like the first 10 seconds :max:

How. I can not comprehend.

You must be deaf? Listen to the first ten seconds of Immigrant Song, it sounds EXACTLY like SCOM's chorus, I don't know if you are familiar with either but I am frankly astounded that nobody has ever made the connection. Plant's delicate professions of love for the brave souls sailing the treacherous seas have been thieved by Axl and Page's relentless riff plonked shamelessly into a bad parody. It is heinous I tell you.

Nope. Just the same chords.

Just the fact we can come up with all these songs that have similarities to SCOM and therefore to each other too suggests it is coincidence or inspiration at the very most rather than plagiarism.

It's none of those. It's just that D,C,G,D has been used a billion times by a billion bands because it's a very catchy progression. Hell, even GNR used it more than once (Yesterdays).

header-mira-regis_171003.jpg

'Unpublished Critics', from the band Australian Crawl, was released in 1981, six years before the GNR and his "Sweet Child".

In fact, the music is very similar to "Sweet Child O 'Mine" and was actually released on the album "Sirocco" 1981.

https://br.noticias.yahoo.com/blogs/mira-regis/tio-regis-vai-ajudar-na-divers%C3%A3o-para-o-194214902.html

Worst thread on this board ever

I highly doubt guns stole this but im pretty sure they used this track as inspiration or smth, how does one not hear the similarities ?

*edit: listened to it again and no fucking way this is a coincidence haha. good find

The chord progression is D, C, G. Do you know how many songs use that same progression, or at the very least, the same chords? Tons.

Rock N' Roll is a three-chord opera for the most part. You're going to get similarities. When you use basic chord patterns you're likely not going to come up with anything completely original. Some melody lines will just come naturally once you have the basic chord progression down. Coincidences do, and often, happen.

SCOM originally ripped off Immigrant Song by Zeppelin though, that's clear plagiarism.

lol what how does SCOM have anything to do with Immigrant Song

The chorus sounds suspiciously like the first 10 seconds :max:

How. I can not comprehend.

You must be deaf? Listen to the first ten seconds of Immigrant Song, it sounds EXACTLY like SCOM's chorus, I don't know if you are familiar with either but I am frankly astounded that nobody has ever made the connection. Plant's delicate professions of love for the brave souls sailing the treacherous seas have been thieved by Axl and Page's relentless riff plonked shamelessly into a bad parody. It is heinous I tell you.

wat, no it does not :lol: