Revolver Interview with Axl Rose

Thanks for posting. Surprised he's talking about the remix album at all, I mean, what market is there for that? I'm a big CD fan and even I'm not dying to hear a remix album. I love Brain's drumming on CD but the leaked remixes were pretty weak. Looking forward to 2nd half of Chinese, though.

Him being open to working with Duff again is awesome!

We also learned that DJ is so bad on the guitar because Axl is telling him jokes all the time. :awesomeface:

Also, Ax seems to have a different tone when he talks about new music, or at least to me it comes off as different. It isn't "we have three albums worth of material" anymore, it's, "we have some things here and some things there." I don't know exactly what to think of that.

• Like 2

I can't really think of a favorite. I just kind of look at whatever particular show we have to do as a whole. But one thing I do like to do when I'm not playing or singing onstage is I like talking through the microphone into the other guys' in-ears and telling them jokes and stuff to try to mess up their playing. [Laughs]

Really? Who's the easiest to mess with?

DJ and Dizzy. I'll talk to them during their solos. That's always a lot of fun...

Shit Axl must tell DJ a ton of jokes during the shows then :lol:

• Like 3

That was interesting. It was a good interview, a little more straightforward in his answers than some previous ones. Still I need to read it again, I usually miss something first time round.

I think Warchild might have been emailing Andrew Dice Clay!

• Like 4

That was interesting. It was a good interview, a little more straightforward in his answers than some previous ones. Still I need to read it again, I usually miss something first time round.

I think Warchild might have been emailing Andrew Dice Clay!

or wfuckinga

• Like 2

Him being open to working with Duff again is awesome!

We also learned that DJ is so bad on the guitar because Axl is telling him jokes all the time. :awesomeface:

Also, Ax seems to have a different tone when he talks about new music, or at least to me it comes off as different. It isn't "we have three albums worth of material" anymore, it's, "we have some things here and some things there." I don't know exactly what to think of that.

Call me an optimist, but I was relieved that he said the 'second half' of CD is already recorded. I was beginning to doubt if anything was indeed recorded, as in: completely finished. It sounds like more definitive than the 'three albums worth of material'. I mean, if no song is really completed, you don't really have anything.

Nice interview!

• Like 1

It still feels like to me new music is such a secondary, back burner thing for him now. I know it's just a print interview, but it seems like it's not a high priority for him anymore. I think a part of him wants to put out another, and another part of him that just doesn't wanna bother enough and deal with the hassle.

I am shocked however he even brought up the remix album. The shit sounded so amateur, and I can't imagine what market he thinks would be interested in it.

We'll see, but I'd still be shocked it we saw another nu album before it's lights out for Axl.

Nice interview otherwise.

It looks like they were doing the interview over a text message. Which is good for Axl, it allows him to say things how he wants them said.

Great interview though! Glad Axl acknowledged the new music situation. Hopefully he's sincere on putting it together and getting serious after the Vegas shows. I also found it interesting that he mentioned the drawn out process of CD and how that should have kept him from receiving a lifetime achievement award.

Thanks a lot JB :headbang: Cool interview. As far as new music he just says the same things other members have said before. Now he is still bitter with Azoff. And I don´t get what kind of U.S. tour he wants to do. I don´t get the "legitimate U.S. tour" part :question: Funny he says a lot of people will be making money with a reunion. Well... he would be making money as well. Unless he decides to donate it to charity. The best thing that happend to the band so far this year it was Duff.

:lol: