Revolver Interview with Axl Rose

It still feels like to me new music is such a secondary, back burner thing for him now. I know it's just a print interview, but it seems like it's not a high priority for him anymore. I think a part of him wants to put out another, and another part of him that just doesn't wanna bother enough and deal with the hassle.

I am shocked however he even brought up the remix album. The shit sounded so amateur, and I can't imagine what market he thinks would be interested in it.

We'll see, but I'd still be shocked it we saw another nu album before it's lights out for Axl.

Nice interview otherwise.

Yeah the idea of a remix album is so bizarre! I can't believe he said it's done. Makes me wonder if maybe Dr. dre came up with some funky shit we havnt heard yet that Axl rly likes hah

Holy crap! That is friggin AWESOME! I can't believe some of the muted reactions like 'confirmed they're a touring band/same old stuff.' I have been one of the most negative, pessimistic and massively pissed of people on here for the past three years and reading that has just made my year!

1. When the residency is over he is 'seriously' going to look at getting the next record done (and i'd suggest the implication that they will be done with touring until that happens).

2. We're getting the Bucket/Robin/Brain era stuff and although some of it has been worked on, no indication that their parts have been erased wholesale or that that's an issue moving forward with it.

3. We're gonna get the remix album with the new raspy This I Love!!!! :D :D :D

4. Although he doesn't once acknowledge us lot, he does completely comprehend the ridiculousness of the situation with regard to how long the entire 'Chinese' cycle has taken and moreover he agrees with me that he doesn't deserve a lifetime achievement award (yet) as a result). He understands his legacy is going to be quite incomplete and that he has quite a bit of work left to do if he wants to leave people with a more positive view of him when he's done.

5. AT LEAST a few more years!!

6. This is a hell of a lot more positive than 'I hope to get another record out sometime in my lifetime.'

7. This is the awesome, quick-witted, fun, intelligent Axl I used to love from the interviews of the old days.

For the first time in four years i'm going to start saving money every week for the first bunch of shows on the tour that has new songs. And I don't care if he sings clean falsetto as long as he brings the fire and maybe loses the hat and glasses :P

SO friggin happy right now. Even if it takes until late 2015.

• Like 4

I agree it's more postive than previous interviews which is good. I'm still a little dubious about the language used, 'going to seriously look into it' is still a few steps from ' we have studio booked, a schedule in place and a plan to release next spring'. However it's better than 'definite maybe'.

I sometimes use the phrase 'I'll look into' it when one of my children requests something I'm not sure I want to commit to right away.

I think this is good news but I won't be holding my breath. I do think he will put out another release but I can see it being two or three years from this point. Always hoping to be proven wrong though.

I agree it's more postive than previous interviews which is good. I'm still a little dubious about the language used, 'going to seriously look into it' is still a few steps from ' we have studio booked, a schedule in place and a plan to release next spring'. However it's better than 'definite maybe'.

I sometimes use the phrase 'I'll look into' it when one of my children requests something I'm not sure I want to commit to right away.

I think this is good news but I won't be holding my breath. I do think he will put out another release but I can see it being two or three years from this point. Always hoping to be proven wrong though.

Why the fuck do they have to book a studio though?

It's in the can, probably in the can in 2004...tinkering and rerecording isn't going to improve anything (see CD), just put it out FFS :P

But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded.

I'm not entirely as delusional as I'd deluded myself into thinking I was. The asylum can wait.

YES! Direct implication that, as he said, 'Robin's parts on the next are done.'

It's in the can, probably in the can in 2004...tinkering and rerecording isn't going to improve anything (see CD), just put it out FFS :P

Maybe not a studio then but my point was that the language used was more musing than defined game plan. Whatever is needed to get it out I'm sure it won't be straightforward!

Yeah, Axl definitely sounds more comfortable when doing interviews which is a good sign. Hopefully he'll do more this year. Sad that he's still blaming managers for trying to push him to do a reunion, but overall, it was a great read.

It's always good to hear him talking like a normal person, instead of going in circles with usual nonsense.

Maybe not a studio then but my point was that the language used was more musing than defined game plan. Whatever is needed to get it out I'm sure it won't be straightforward!

Indeed, apologies if that came off as an attack or anything :monkey:

• Like 1

I don't believe a word he says about new music.

Also, wut:

Because with this lineup, everybody goes out and tries to do their very best, and every guy's on. I don't have to tell the other guys what to do, they do it on their own. They push each other really, really hard.

Guest Gunns

This is the Axl we know, where has he been? Best bit of information we've received since the 2008 chats,

Cool to see some new information finally!

Thanks for the new quote Axl,

its now in my sig!

• Like 1

Holy crap! That is friggin AWESOME! I can't believe some of the muted reactions like 'confirmed they're a touring band/same old stuff.' I have been one of the most negative, pessimistic and massively pissed of people on here for the past three years and reading that has just made my year!

1. When the residency is over he is 'seriously' going to look at getting the next record done (and i'd suggest the implication that they will be done with touring until that happens).

2. We're getting the Bucket/Robin/Brain era stuff and although some of it has been worked on, no indication that their parts have been erased wholesale or that that's an issue moving forward with it.

3. We're gonna get the remix album with the new raspy This I Love!!!! :D :D :D

4. Although he doesn't once acknowledge us lot, he does completely comprehend the ridiculousness of the situation with regard to how long the entire 'Chinese' cycle has taken and moreover he agrees with me that he doesn't deserve a lifetime achievement award (yet) as a result). He understands his legacy is going to be quite incomplete and that he has quite a bit of work left to do if he wants to leave people with a more positive view of him when he's done.

5. AT LEAST a few more years!!

6. This is a hell of a lot more positive than 'I hope to get another record out sometime in my lifetime.'

7. This is the awesome, quick-witted, fun, intelligent Axl I used to love from the interviews of the old days.

For the first time in four years i'm going to start saving money every week for the first bunch of shows on the tour that has new songs. And I don't care if he sings clean falsetto as long as he brings the fire and maybe loses the hat and glasses :P

SO friggin happy right now. Even if it takes until late 2015.

Not to be a negatvie nancy, but don't get your hopes up

We had ZERO knowledge what WILL happen

That being said i agree with your conclusions in the Lifetime achievement thing

Does anyone else get the feeling he's just letting his paranoia get the best of him when he's talking about managers secretly fucking him over? The 2011 tour was pretty well promoted, and they were set up in respectable venues. What more did he want exactly? How exactly are they fucking you over?

Sure I believe they would want a reunion, but I don't believe they're setting up elaborate schemes to make it happen. I just don't see the evidence, and I never see him get even remotely specific about it. Sounds like conspiracy nonsense.

Does anyone else get the feeling he's just letting his paranoia get the best of him when he's talking about managers secretly fucking him over? The 2011 tour was pretty well promoted, and they were set up in respectable venues. What more did he want exactly? How exactly are they fucking you over?

Sure I believe they would want a reunion, but I don't believe they're setting up elaborate schemes to make it happen. I just don't see the evidence, and I never see him get even remotely specific about it. Sounds like conspiracy nonsense.

I crossed over into, "everything out of his mouth is bullshit" territory a long time ago.

But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded.

I'm not entirely as delusional as I'd deluded myself into thinking I was. The asylum can wait.

YES! Direct implication that, as he said, 'Robin's parts on the next are done.'

I didn't really think of like that but yes, to a degree, depending on which songs are included it could mean that Finck and Bucket's parts stay. Unless Ron replaced Bucket's parts on the songs that weren't released and Finck didn't play on others that say Fortus played.

If ron is leaving it could be because this band might not get a chance to record for 10 years. Dj may have put something together with Axl and Fortus may have already done stuff before CD came out. That's why Fortus is more happy? It could still realistically be a 2020 release. Hiatus. Then come back with a tour in 2017, then set a 2020 release date. Chinese Democracy Never Stops!

Even I wouldn't go that far :lol:

But I do think he exaggerates the truth and/or runs with gut instinct without really thinking shit all the way through and getting all the facts straight.

Edited by Bobbo

I happy enough to know CD II exists, even that remix album existing. It's obvious Axl wants to put them out. So it's over in the labels court. They may not want to do that.

Maybe if they go on a break the Remix album would tide people over. Then drop CD II after the first comeback tour.

It's Over to the Label in my opinion. They need to come up with a way to profit from it.

• Like 1

Do I think he believes in what he's saying? Absolutely.

Do I think that results will manifest in reality in the foreseeable future? Absolutely not.

Sorry, but after more than a decade of such interviews, I just can't believe anymore.

I'll be the happiest bunny if an album will come out someday, but I won't hold my breath for it - which by coincidence is actually what Axl wants, if I understood him right these past years.

Some good things from the interview:

Axl claims to want to release more music, he is humble, he admits having regrets in regards to what he has done, he is very positive about Duff, he is witty and comes across like a really nice guy.

This was really a good interview for both the fans and for Axl.

• Like 3

The label probably doesn't have the same people working at it that they had when Axl dealt with them, and judging from how Lady Gaga did, there were probably more changes.

Not a lot of bands are making money, but the whole "Axl spent 15 million to make an album" - Azoff cleared the books and the next release isn't going to cost anywhere near that to make when money's already been spent on most of the songs. The tweaking and getting the band to play those songs in the "near" future remains to be seen. Supposedly we'll have new songs this year, so if he gets 1 song out, the fans will be happy with that, but of course there's going to be a lot of "where's the album"?