Revolver Interview with Axl Rose

The only way I'd be psyched about anything axl has to say is" the follow up to democracy will be released on... (fill in a date) stay tuned for track list and artwork details to follow" anything else is just cock in the mouth.

I'm with you on this one. Axl promised a lot of things in 2006 and you know what happened.

The only way I'd be psyched about anything axl has to say is" the follow up to democracy will be released on... (fill in a date) stay tuned for track list and artwork details to follow" anything else is just cock in the mouth.

I'm with you on this one. Axl promised a lot of things in 2006 and you know what happened.

Chinese Democracy was released 2 years later.

So much time's gone by you can't blame the guy for getting the years mixed up. And remember in 2006, there were a bunch of leaks, there was their last good tour, and at that time, you felt for sure it would come out soon.

So much time's gone by you can't blame the guy for getting the years mixed up. And remember in 2006, there were a bunch of leaks, there was their last good tour, and at that time, you felt for sure it would come out soon.

I think it will come out in the next 4 years, and if nothing leaks before that, we'll have at least 14 totally new songs to listen to (give or take).

I think it will come out in the next 4 years, and if nothing leaks before that, we'll have at least 14 totally new songs to listen to (give or take).

I believe we arnt far off also.. Wouldn't 2015 be about just right ? Could release it, and tour away the rest of the decade..

Given the history, I won't expect anything and will be pleasantly surprised if a follow up ever see's the light of day.

Given the history, I won't expect anything and will be pleasantly surprised if a follow up ever see's the light of day.

Axl's self importance as a musician will drive him to release CD ll. 8 to 10 years after Chinese was released seems reasonable in Axl time.

Axl's self importance as a musician will drive him to release CD ll. 8 to 10 years after Chinese was released seems reasonable in Axl time.

I was 14 when afd came out, 18 when uyi came, 35 when cd came out, and per you timeline,I'll be 40 fucking 4 when the follow up comes out. Thank god for slash.

But basically I have no confidence/trust that anything these guys say will come to pass.

• Like 1

I was 14 when afd came out, 18 when uyi came, 35 when cd came out, and per you timeline,I'll be 40 fucking 4 when the follow up comes out. Thank god for slash.

But basically I have no confidence/trust that anything these guys say will come to pass.

It will, but he'll just be late with delivering it as always. One thing I can agree with you though: Thank fuck for Slash.

• Like 1

It will, but he'll just be late with delivering it as always. One thing I can agree with you though: Thank fuck for Slash.

I guess it coming out when I'm 44 is better than 52, which looking at the progression, is more in line with my expectations. By then, slash will be inducted to the hof for his work as a solo artist....lol

I guess it coming out when I'm 44 is better than 52, which looking at the progression, is more in line with my expectations. By then, slash will be inducted to the hof for his work as a solo artist....lol

It coming out at all is better then nothing. Axl is not exactly what you'll call dependable. But he's not a liar. He promised a lot of shit and I think he truly believed it at the time. I think he does want to release it, so it's a really good sign, but that interview was just broad strokes answers when it came to new material. He still won't commit to anything concrete cause he's been burned with all the backlash for the delays with the Chinese release. So he's reserved, but I think it's going down. Eventually.

So, so, so many critics! Why can't you people just be happy he gave an interview? pfft! Why must you dissect to fucking death every word he says? My God give him a break. He spoke to a journalist that writes for a magazine. It was a lovely interview. He's a lovely person. He isn't Jesus Christ. Must you live your life around his every word? I love the man, but I'm not placing all my money in a bet around what he does next and I will not be forever miserable nor mortified if he doesn't do exactly what 'I project' what 'I think he said' he will do. Can't we all just be happy that the lead singer of the band that we are all on the fan club forum of finally gave an interview? For those that are, please disregard my comments. Let's all give a big shout out of a 'Hell Yeah!' Say it with me now, 'Hell Yeah!'

• Like 1

It sounds as if, when you look back over your career, you have some regrets.

I think saying you don't have any regrets has become a popular thing for a lot of pop stars or whatever over the years. But I never buy that. So yeah, there's things that I could've been done better...or not. At the same time, I don't know if I would have been able to do a lot of things, as far as with Guns N' Roses and how that's gone, any differently.

Skip to 50 second mark.

Sorry, I had to.

But yeah, this was an excellent interview. Axl came off great. Thanks for posting it, JB!

So I guess I can go ahead and pencil in CD II in my letter to Santa?

I dunno though, I just get a different vibe from this interview and the recent

Vegas performances. I kind of feel like the whole Golden Gods thing sort've

lit a fire under Axl (or provided the spark for Axl's determination *badum tish*).

But yeah, I think CD II is going to be more about approach and how its release

is going to be handled. Axl obviously doesn't want a repeat of 2008. But now

his expectations are tempered and he'll hopefully be willing to fully support the

album (guns blazing!). Who know, maybe Axl will get it right this time (I doubt it)

lit a fire under Axl (or provided the spark for Axl's determination *badum tish*).

his expectations are tempered and he'll hopefully be willing to fully support the

album (guns blazing!). Who know, maybe Axl will get it right this time (I doubt it)

Axl is insecure, so though he might not have been too comfortable going through the process of getting an award he doesn't feel like he deserves, that recognition along with that best vocalist list probably made him feel more accepted, in a small way if nothing else.

I think that small thing could be the push that he needs to want to release more material. But he's so unpredictable and volatile that anything can change at any point in time.

Edited by Rovim

My exact thoughts after reading this interview and looking back on how he is slooooowly improving his performances lately.

So, so, so many critics! Why can't you people just be happy he gave an interview? pfft! Why must you dissect to fucking death every word he says? My God give him a break. He spoke to a journalist that writes for a magazine. It was a lovely interview. He's a lovely person. He isn't Jesus Christ. Must you live your life around his every word? I love the man, but I'm not placing all my money in a bet around what he does next and I will not be forever miserable nor mortified if he doesn't do exactly what 'I project' what 'I think he said' he will do. Can't we all just be happy that the lead singer of the band that we are all on the fan club forum of finally gave an interview? For those that are, please disregard my comments. Let's all give a big shout out of a 'Hell Yeah!' Say it with me now, 'Hell Yeah!'

He's a grown man for Christ sake. Stop defending him, he has no defense.

Well, when the band starts to deliver what they say, maybe I won't be such a skeptic, until then, everything they say is cock in the mouth until proven otherwise. Cause this band has no track record of delivering on an thing they've said over the years.

• Like 1