May 07 - Chicago, IL - Concord Music Hall
May 08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
May 09 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
May 11 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
May 13 - New York, NY - Webster Hall
May 14 - New York, NY - Webster Hall
May 15 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
  • Like 1

I feel like they are going to do an album called Afterlife. just a total guess. like a quasi-spiritual piss take with Patton as some sort of weird god in white trash heaven. I can imagine the cover like white with a ghostly god like figure like the Angel Dust cover.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I feel like they are going to do an album called Afterlife. just a total guess. like a quasi-spiritual piss take with Patton as some sort of weird god in white trash heaven.

I can take anything at this point. They never promised anything besides the reunion tour. Amazing day to be a Patton fan.

The fact that the FNM twitter account just launched with a new, updated band photo says to me something is happening. Why set up an account for an inactive band? Of course Patton is so weird he could just be fucking with us.

Of course this begs the question, do we WANT another FNM album? Im a super fan of the band and I say yes....but with hesitation. I dont want them to pull a Pixies and release a shit record and then it kinda sullies their back catalog. Now, I trust Patton, Gould and Roddy to only do this if they think they have something solid to contribute. Patton would never do something for the money. However, they'd be going forward with John Hudson. Now, I am an ardent Album of the Year defender, but that album simply didnt convert anyone to FNM. The Jim Martin albums are what made this band what they are. Can this work with Hudson on guitar? AOTY sort of was good in spite of him. His riffs were decent but as usual it was everyone else in the band shining brighter.

The fact that the FNM twitter account just launched with a new, updated band photo says to me something is happening. Why set up an account for an inactive band? Of course Patton is so weird he could just be fucking with us.

Of course this begs the question, do we WANT another FNM album? Im a super fan of the band and I say yes....but with hesitation. I dont want them to pull a Pixies and release a shit record and then it kinda sullies their back catalog. Now, I trust Patton, Gould and Roddy to only do this if they think they have something solid to contribute. Patton would never do something for the money. However, they'd be going forward with John Hudson. Now, I am an ardent Album of the Year defender, but that album simply didnt convert anyone to FNM. The Jim Martin albums are what made this band what they are. Can this work with Hudson on guitar? AOTY sort of was good in spite of him. His riffs were decent but as usual it was everyone else in the band shining brighter.

I like Jon. You're right, his riffs were far from being brilliant, but you can't deny he's good at playing the whole discography live. I think he has matured as a guitarist and during all these years he must have created something nice to put on the table. Let's hope for the best. Even if we receive something like AOTY, I'll be satisfied (just look at Stripsearch, Mouth to Mouth, Helpless and Ashes to Ashes, all great songs in my opinion). The world needs more Faith No More to inspire another 1000 imitators :lol:

I kind of see that from Angel Dust on. It became rhythmic and instrumentation. AOTY reminds me of CD, all the elements are there but it's done in this tasteful way. Last cup of Sorrow seemed to be the single but it wasn't Midlife Crisis.

It's really just being a well worn path, if they do something too different it's not FNM.

It seemed to lack a single and Paths of Glory and Pristina were waste of ammo. But probably just missing successful single.

I kind of expect them them to go further away from that. More mature if anything. I can't see them going back to the 80s.

Of course Big Jim Martin would be preferred but that ain't gonna happen.

Hell, Trey Spruance from Mr Bungle did a fantastic job on King For A Day...but I think he isn't on good terms anymore either.

Bring back Dean Menta!

Spruance played King For A Day in its entirety with the band in 2011 and Bill said they would even make a DVD out of the show. They're on good terms, which makes me wish for a Mr. Bungle reunion.

Dean Menta was kicked out for a reason: he couldn't write a song to save his life.

Edited by realpoti

Hell, Trey Spruance from Mr Bungle did a fantastic job on King For A Day...but I think he isn't on good terms anymore either.

Bring back Dean Menta!

Spruance played King For A Day in its entirety with the band in 2011 and Bill said they would even make a DVD out of the show. They're on good terms, which makes me wish for a Mr. Bungle reunion.

Dean Menta was kicked out for a reason: he couldn't write a song to save his life.

Holy shit!

I had no idea, that's brilliant...King For A Day is actually my favourite FNM album.

I was lucky enough to see Mr Bungle four times, such an awesome band.

Bring back Dean Menta!

Holy shit!

I had no idea, that's brilliant...King For A Day is actually my favourite FNM album.

I was lucky enough to see Mr Bungle four times, such an awesome band.

That's the only leak so far...

Edit: Jon is seen because he joined for the encore. They also played 'Absolute Zero' for the first time, a b-side from KFAD-era.

Edited by realpoti

This is fantastic news. Really excited, never figured that this day would come, but I am so happy that it is apparently coming.

I think that Jon is the guitar player of course, but they are open to play a show/a few songs live with Jim too. They tried to put that together a few times but it did no work out. They have played with Chuck, Dean and Trey on the past tours so Jim is really the only one who is missing. Jim has been playing recently with Infectious Grooves and has met Puffy at the Cliff Burton bash and he even met Mike Patton last summer when they we're playing at the same festival. There is a picture of Jim on stage and Mike standing in the side watching. I hope they eventually do something with Jim.

Faith No More is king ... for a lifetime.

• 2 months later...

Faith No More, who reunited in 2009 for a series of sold out performances and international festivals, is currently recording their first full-length album since 1997’s Album of the Year.

A limited edition (5000 copies) 7-inch single of the song “Motherfucker” will precede the April 2015 release, available via Record Store Day’s Black Friday event (Nov. 28). The single will be released digitally on Dec. 9.

"We’ve always shared a chemistry between ourselves that’s unique to this band, but these past few years of touring together have made us aware that we not only play better as a unit, but we like the new stuff we’re coming up with,” explained Faith No More founder and bass player, Bill Gould. “So we’ve decided: we’re going to get busy in 2015…make an album we’re proud of, kick things up a notch, get out there and perform it and maybe even dedicate a little more focus to our fans in the States this time."

The as-of-yet untitled album is being recorded in an Oakland, Calif. studio with Gould handling production. The release will be the first from Faith No More’s newly formed imprint, Reclamation Recordings, which will be distributed by Ipecac Recordings. Prior to the new album’s release, Faith No More will headline Australia’s Soundwave Festival in February 2015. Worldwide tour dates will be announced soon.

Bill's Interview on RS: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/faith-no-more-to-release-first-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

Motherfucker - Live Version: