Faith No More new album 'Sol Invictus' out May 19th

realpoti

This track is so, so good. It has a twinge of the old vibe, particularly the early bass line, but then something new. After 3 listens I'm loving it and can't wait to see it live.

One minor criticism is I feel like the last 40 seconds or so is the track just spinning it's wheels, though Roddy has some cool piano lines there to make up for repeating the chorus a bunch. Again thats the smallest of small potatoes, the track is solid and if you were a long time FNM fan I dont see how you dont like it

Also the Marvel.com release strategy was a fun little throw in

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every time I see anything about them all I can think is freaking May! I even stopped listening to Superhero so it won't get old before the album gets here. Glad to see the press backing them up pretty good. I've seen quite a few articles about them.

Every time I see anything about them all I can think is freaking May! I even stopped listening to Superhero so it won't get old before the album gets here. Glad to see the press backing them up pretty good. I've seen quite a few articles about them.

It seems so far away! I haven't listened to either song at all so the whole album will be new to me

It seems so far away! I haven't listened to either song at all so the whole album will be new to me

Superhero is tight. I only listened to that live version of the other one once.

• 2 weeks later...

You kids who don't know about Refused should check them out. I don't care if FNM sells out MSG as long as they keep putting on great live shows. I was lucky enough to see them with Jim Martin and even if this can't top that,it should still be a great bill with Refused.

Jim was a pain in the ass. I would rather see the KFAD lineup with Trey Spruance.

• Like 1