Faith No More new album 'Sol Invictus' out May 19th

realpoti

I love that description of Angel Dust "the most uncommercial follow up to a hit record ever." That's why it was so good and revered among musicians.

Is there a chance FNM gets a lot of new fans and there is new appreciation for the old stuff thanks to this new praise and exposure? Or will they forever be niche?

Ah I didn't realize it had leaked already :P. I'm not the biggest FNM fan just because I've never given them a real proper listen beyond Epic. Figure I'll start with the new record and work my way back.

Other than listening to bits and pieces from Angel Dust and The Real Thing here and there, I never gave them a proper listen either. Absolutely loved the new album so worked my way back as well, and honestly, they might just be in my Top 10 bands now. I'm even working my way into Patton's other side projects (Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Fantomas) because of how much I like his vocal style.

Yeah, he's amazing. FNM is on my Top 5, no doubt. Check Patton's Mondo Cane. It's pretty great and was basically done to show how well he can sing.

Ah I didn't realize it had leaked already :P. I'm not the biggest FNM fan just because I've never given them a real proper listen beyond Epic. Figure I'll start with the new record and work my way back.

Other than listening to bits and pieces from Angel Dust and The Real Thing here and there, I never gave them a proper listen either. Absolutely loved the new album so worked my way back as well, and honestly, they might just be in my Top 10 bands now. I'm even working my way into Patton's other side projects (Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Fantomas) because of how much I like his vocal style.

Yeah, he's amazing. FNM is on my Top 5, no doubt. Check Patton's Mondo Cane. It's pretty great and was basically done to show how well he can sing.

Awesome, will do. Listened to Peeping Tom today and loved it.

The first Tomahawk is the best thing Patton's ever done IMO. Really give it a shot man.

EDIT: Along with Peeping Tom.

Awesome, will do. Listened to Peeping Tom today and loved it.

:wub:

I get the new album is great and all but don't ignore the old shit Tyler. If you want a good fuckin crowd, you need King fora Day songs.

I'm not ignoring the old stuff at all, trust me. Just wish they would have done more than 4 tracks from the new album, seeing as how on the first string of dates they were playing more than that. I absolutely loved the show, don't get me wrong. Can't wait to see them again in August. Just wanted to hear more from the new album, which I think they'll do more later in the summer since the album will have been out for awhile then.