The Cigar Aficionado Thread

Ace Nova

Perla Del Mars, my hooray for tolerance!s.

Never had them....if I come across one, I'll let you know what I think....;)

On a side note, ordered the Padron 8 cigar sampler....it includes several 1926's and 1964's....got it for 50% off, with a Groupon special at B & B Tobacco....sick deal.

You can't get Romeo y Julietas KK?

RYJ No. 1s are my favourite. But you lot can't get Cubans, right?

No, unfortunately not yet. Rumor has it, when the dictator kicks the bucket, the embargo will be lifted. Some rumors are saying even if he doesn't, the U.S. may start to settle relations within the next five years.

Although I can get Romeo & Julietas Dominicans (which from what I hear, are fairly decent cigars in their own right).

Edited by Kasanova King

Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park

macanudo-cafe-hyde-park.jpg

Appearance and Construction: 14/15

Before we even get started, I should warn you...I have completely fallen in love with this cigar. It's amazing.....and it looks good too....some smooth veins, slightly less appealing than a Monte Cristo...so one point off for that....other than that....Perfect.

Flavor: 22/25

Perfect. Tons of nutty flavors...which is my favorite flavor profile. Smooth, great tasting cigar.

First perfect score I've given for flavor and it's well deserved. If every cigar tasted this way, we would be in heaven...literally.

Smoking Characteristics: 23/25

Excellent.....Perfect draw.....near perfect burn....absolutely excellent cigar.....ash only held on for less than an inch.

Overall Impression/Value: 31

This cigar made me stop and think...this may have been the best cigar I have ever smoked in my life. . And yes, I would pay at least $5 for this one.

Overall Score: 90

(And well deserved)

Edited by Kasanova King

• 1 month later...

Padron 1926 Maduro

padron_zpsa0b69d54.jpg

Appearance and Construction: 15/15

Great looking cigar....excellent, solid construction. As good as it gets.

Flavor: 24/25

Strongest cigar I have ever smoked. Among the greatest flavor profiles as well. This thing is a thing of beauty.

Smoking Characteristics: 24/25

Excellent.....Perfect draw.....near perfect burn....absolutely excellent cigar.....ash held on for close to 2 inches. Phenomenal.

Overall Impression/Value: 32

Most likely the best cigar I have ever smoked. Unfortunately, since value plays a big part in this category, I can't give it a higher score...since these bad boys average close to $20 a pop....and no, you won't find them on sale....like ever.

That being said, if you have the extra cash, I highly recommend trying one of these at least once in your lifetime....I promise you, you won't regret it. Absolutely exceptional cigar....in all aspects.

Overall Score: 95

Edited by Kasanova King

I gave 'em up about 10 years ago. When I smoked, I liked some of the more robust flavors in a churchill or presidente. I found an old Cuban guy in Miami that was getting his tobacco from Dominica that could roll stogey that would compare to any Cohiba at about a 1/4h the price... can't remember his name???

Damn! Even though it has been that long, I now got a jones on for a smoke.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Camacho Triple Maduro Torpedo

IMG_20141115_214536658_zps1hlx5oax.jpg?t

Appearance and Construction: 14/15

Great looking, heavy and solid cigar. Near perfect construction with some very minor veins, barely visible.

Flavor: 23/25

Full bodied and full flavored cigar. Very complex, has a myriad of flavors from earthy, spicy, creamy and peppery. Not for the amateur smoker, but very, very smooth, nonetheless.

Smoking Characteristics: 24/25

This bad boy is a smoke machine. It's also a really slow burner and will last easily 90 minutes or more....this one lasted close to 2 hours...so out some time aside for it. Kiss it, perfect draw, near razor sharp burn.

Yes, this is a $10+ cigar and yes, it's worth it. It's like smoking two cigars... since it lasts almost as long as smoking two cigars. Probably won't make my regular rotation because of price point, but I will definitely try to smoke a few of these a year. Very nice experience.

Overall Score: 93

Edited by Kasanova King

Might wanna ash that. I'm so envious how tobacco products are so cheap there in America.

Nah, the longer the ash, the better it tastes. (The ash cools the burn, giving optimum flavor and smoke output).

Yeah, here in Florida there is no added tobacco tax so cigars are fairly inexpensive compared to Europe and even other places within the U.S.

• 4 weeks later...

Romeo & Julietta

Havana, Cuba

IMG_20141208_225317080_zpsqx4mqtzk.jpg?t

Appearance and Construction: 12/15

Normal looking cigar, with some veins. Not what I would expect from a true "Cuban".

This is where this cigar takes over. Nothing but great sensations of cream...and smooth, the reputation of Cuban cigars is here....excellent, well balanced notes of cream throughout. One of the smoothest cigars I have ever smoked.

Smoking Characteristics: 22/25

Decent burn, well maintained. No severe burn issues. Well constructed...but not the best I've had.

Great cigar. The flavor profile is what makes this a very good cigar. Construction and burn were just "good"...but other than that, very good cigar. Unfortunately, value makes it take a small hit here...because if you live in the US, you'll be lucky to get one of these for less than $20 a pop....if you can get one at all.....;)

Romeo & Julietta

Havana, Cuba

IMG_20141208_225317080_zpsqx4mqtzk.jpg?t

Appearance and Construction: 12/15

Normal looking cigar, with some veins. Not what I would expect from a true "Cuban".

This is where this cigar takes over. Nothing but great sensations of cream...and smooth, the reputation of Cuban cigars is here....excellent, well balanced notes of cream throughout. One of the smoothest cigars I have ever smoked.

Smoking Characteristics: 22/25

Decent burn, well maintained. No severe burn issues. Well constructed...but not the best I've had.

Great cigar. The flavor profile is what makes this a very good cigar. Construction and burn were just "good"...but other than that, very good cigar. Unfortunately, value makes it take a small hit here...because if you live in the US, you'll be lucky to get one of these for less than $20 a pop....if you can get one at all.....;)

Can't go wrong with Romeo y Julietta's, my brother tucking loves them.

KK where in Orlando did you get a Cuban? Have you tried the arturi fuente opus lost city from the Dominican republic?

You really can't just go out and buy one. This one was a gift from an associate I know from a cigar club.

I've had the regular (rarer) Arturo Fuente Opus X but haven't tried the Opus X Lost City yet....heard they were pretty good though.

Can't go wrong with Romeo y Julietta's, my brother tucking loves them.

Yes, they are definitely tier 1 cigars.... not bad at all. :)

Edited by Kasanova King