Your Top Ten Favorite Led Zeppelin Songs?

Rick Deckard

6 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Zeppilen doesn't have a bad song. Much like GNR.

Zeppelin is one of the few bands I can name where I genuinely like every song they have released. Even GnR has a couple of serious duds (namely My World and Shotgun Blues for me)

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Zeppelin is one of the few bands I can name where I genuinely like every song they have released. Even GnR has a couple of serious duds (namely My World and Shotgun Blues for me)

I don't consider my world a GNR song. Shotgun blues has got some great energy. GNR and Zeppelin are the only bands where I like every song. I like most U2 and RHCP songs, too. What is your take on Walking into Clarksdales? There are some real gems on that album. Blue train stands out.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

25 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don't consider my world a GNR song. Shotgun blues has got some great energy. GNR and Zeppelin are the only bands where I like every song. I like most U2 and RHCP songs, too. What is your take on Walking into Clarksdales? There are some real gems on that album. Blue train stands out.

I really like Walking into Clarksdale but I also think it is dissapointing. Does that make sense? I think its quite unique and creative, but needed a few more heavy hitters. Its been a while since Ive heard it, though. 

I do really love Plant's solo career, especially the last 10-15 years. He frusturates and pisses me off in his stubborness to do one last hurrah with Zeppelin, but I understand it. At the same time, his solo career has been so darn cool. The guy just loves music and loves exploring different genres and styles. I think his record with Allison Krauss was great, as have his albums with the Band of Joy and the Sensational Shapeshifters. His voice has aged fantastically, too. I always feel inspired when I go see him live.

I get Page's frusturations with Plant, but his inactivity is on him. Its too bad Jimmy Page could never recover musically outside of Zep. He didnt need to, his legacy was cemented when the band diabanded, and I think there were aome cool things in his post-Zep career (Clarksdale is one of them), but his solo career has been underwhelming. 

14 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I really like Walking into Clarksdale but I also think it is dissapointing. Does that make sense? I think its quite unique and creative, but needed a few more heavy hitters. Its been a while since Ive heard it, though. 

I do really love Plant's solo career, especially the last 10-15 years. He frusturates and pisses me off in his stubborness to do one last hurrah with Zeppelin, but I understand it. At the same time, his solo career has been so darn cool. The guy just loves music and loves exploring different genres and styles. I think his record with Allison Krauss was great, as have his albums with the Band of Joy and the Sensational Shapeshifters. His voice has aged fantastically, too. I always feel inspired when I go see him live.

I get Page's frusturations with Plant, but his inactivity is on him. Its too bad Jimmy Page could never recover musically outside of Zep. He didnt need to, his legacy was cemented when the band diabanded, and I think there were aome cool things in his post-Zep career (Clarksdale is one of them), but his solo career has been underwhelming. 

It's weird that Plant has done so much and Page so little, basically the opposite of Axl and Slash. :lol: