Bumblefoot Appreciation Thread

Guest NGOG

I just rewatched last night's TWAT, and seriously guys, you will never hear any other guitarist capture Bucket's solo that good.

Many fans don't realize how much of a blessing Ron is. He has evolved into a truly flawless guitar player.

• Like 1

I just rewatched last night's TWAT, and seriously guys, you will never hear any other guitarist capture Bucket's solo that good.

Many fans don't realize how much of a blessing Ron is. He has evolved into a truly flawless guitar player.

Do you have a decent video?

The suicide talk wasn't an emo thing; he talked about wanting to kill himself after he was in an accident that destroyed his back and left him with serious, lasting pain and immobility. A fair number of people with severe chronic pain sometimes feel that way. And as I recall, he talked about it AFTER he had obviously decided that it wasn't a good idea.

The context of the interview though - I hated reading that - I don't want to read that - Think of his wife?! I've had all sort of shit happen in my life, I've never thought of that, and would certainly not announce it in an interview. Just my opinion, lets not debate it, we'll all have a different opinion on it.

Of course. We all have our own opinions on things and there's no need for one person to be right or another to be wrong. I won't debate it with you, but I'd like to just leave you with one thought on it: by talking about it, Ron might have saved a life that day. Someone might have been reading this interview that was feeling exactly the same way Ron did, saw that Ron had kept going...and decided to keep going themselves. I know a few people who have been inspired not to hurt themselves by reading about others, so it might have done some good for someone with emotional need.
My last comment on it - read it again, he tried & admitted he failed. There's nothing to be inspired about by that. Anyway, let's see what happens after Vegas, if he does leave or sticks about, hopefully he clarifies it.
There's nothing to be inspired by a man who could have died and have a permanent spinal injury who kept going, is still doing everything he did before and can show the others how he's gone through all of that, including doing a full tour a few months after the accident? He thought about killing himself but he is still here doing charity, helping people and trying to show them that they can in fact live with the pain if they are strong. If you cant find a positive message here I am sorry but I'll say the obvious - stupidity plays a big role in your life.
  • Like 2

The suicide talk wasn't an emo thing; he talked about wanting to kill himself after he was in an accident that destroyed his back and left him with serious, lasting pain and immobility. A fair number of people with severe chronic pain sometimes feel that way. And as I recall, he talked about it AFTER he had obviously decided that it wasn't a good idea.

The context of the interview though - I hated reading that - I don't want to read that - Think of his wife?! I've had all sort of shit happen in my life, I've never thought of that, and would certainly not announce it in an interview. Just my opinion, lets not debate it, we'll all have a different opinion on it.

Of course. We all have our own opinions on things and there's no need for one person to be right or another to be wrong. I won't debate it with you, but I'd like to just leave you with one thought on it: by talking about it, Ron might have saved a life that day. Someone might have been reading this interview that was feeling exactly the same way Ron did, saw that Ron had kept going...and decided to keep going themselves. I know a few people who have been inspired not to hurt themselves by reading about others, so it might have done some good for someone with emotional need.
My last comment on it - read it again, he tried & admitted he failed. There's nothing to be inspired about by that. Anyway, let's see what happens after Vegas, if he does leave or sticks about, hopefully he clarifies it.
There's nothing to be inspired by a man who could have died and have a permanent spinal injury who kept going, is still doing everything he did before and can show the others how he's gone through all of that, including doing a full tour a few months after the accident? He thought about killing himself but he is still here doing charity, helping people and trying to show them that they can in fact live with the pain if they are strong. If you cant find a positive message here I am sorry but I'll say the obvious - stupidity plays a big role in your life.

+1 :headbang:

And having that heavy double neck guitar hanging from your injured shoulder/back every night.

Amen. He kept going. He kept trying to do as much as he could and kept trying to help others even when he was hurting, and hurting a lot. How many people do that in their lives? BBF rocks.

This may sound cold, but I see this as a bigger blow to continuity than anything else.

I think Ron does a nice job, but he's replaceable. I just don't want to see that process slow down any actual momentum that Axl might have going right now.

You guys are hilarious thinking this session musician can't be replaced with a single email.

Nobody will even notice he's gone or give two flaming shits outside of the few hundred people on this forum that kiss his ass.

If he's the one responsible for bringing Estranged back after 20 years, then I thank him for that. But that's pretty much the only contribution he made as far as I can see.

• Like 1

How fucking dare you - you don't know my life - you don't know what I've been through - I'm happy in life (after a long period of .. Well lets just say not being happy - I'm not going into details) I just lost a lot of respect for the man after he claimed he tried to kill himself or he wish he'd died in the accident. You think I'm stupid?? While I do admire his charity work & how approachable he is to fans, that's inspiring - but the talk of suicide - the complete opposite. Seriously, how fucking dare you. Edited by robin2002

Sorry, I've never been a bbf fan... Glad to see him go actually

If this thread said 'People who don't appreciate Bumblefoot' you would have made a really great point... but! this is for people that enjoy him. Make a different thread if you have to bash him or whatever you want to do... would be nice to keep this on track and positive.

Might have shared his story to help others, definitely a tough read but I respect that he talked about it.

You guys are hilarious thinking this session musician can't be replaced with a single email.

Nobody will even notice he's gone or give two flaming shits outside of the few hundred people on this forum that kiss his ass.

If he's the one responsible for bringing Estranged back after 20 years, then I thank him for that. But that's pretty much the only contribution he made as far as I can see.

Find me a replacement then, I don't think it's so easy. Richard is a top quality session guitar player and he would struggle to play the Shacklers revenge solo... and sig the back up. there's not many people that could step into Rons shoes comfortably... I find it hilarious how people like you completely write off a guy like Ron just because he's actually spent the time learning how to play his instrument, learning off the wall techniques and melding them with great tone, timing and a melodic sensibility (from time to time). You really have no clue what he's capable of if you think you've seen everything he can do with Guns already.

With respect to slash, Ron played estranged better than Slash ever did. Outside of a rough beginning in the band (which to his credit he had two weeks to learn everything), his nightrain noodles in 2006 were horrible, he has been a great member of the band, great to fans, and is one of the rare virtuoso guitarists who can write a good song.

I don't know if he'll be missed, but he was one of my favorite nuguns 2.0 players and I wish him the best.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I met Ron at the Hard Rock during the most recent residency. He was a cool guy. After watching the Appetite for democracy blu ray it reinforced my opinion that he is the best thing about this iteration of GNR. Axl can't sing anymore and the band has no chemistry. Lifelong fan, but they are a glorified tribute band. All that being said, Ron is a legit talent. If he left, there wouldn't be too much there to root for -