Marseilles

At a recent show at the Joint in Vegas GN'R played a song called Marseilles. It brought back a memory of GN'R playing this song long ago.

I have it on a live recording bootleg called "Ultra Rare Tracks". It Is Slash playing guitar but not sure if it's Axl singing. Is this the first time they

played this song in almost 30 years? Also do you know the date this was originally played?

That show was during the Iron Maiden tour, Axl's throat gave out on that tour, so they had to leave the tour and L.A. Guns joined in GN'R's place. I think he later claimed it was from singing 'Tastes Good Don't It'

The first night at Irvine, some of GN'R jumped up for a jam with L.A. Guns and if I remember correctly plated the LA Guns song 'Nothing to Lose' with them. There is audio of the Jam/Nothing to Lose floating around. Now apparently Slash claims that LA Guns sabotaged their performance and I've read interviews where he says that was the end of any civil relationship between him and Tracii.

Anyway, the next night instead of jumping up with LA Guns, GNR (ex Axl) jumped up and did It's So Easy and Marseille with Duff singing.

Couple of side notes, on GNR & the Angels - Duff is wearing an Angels shirt in the It's So Easy video, Angels opened for GNR at their '88 Sydney show and during the show Axl talks about how much of an influence the song 'Take a long Line' was for him. Axl and Slash also jumped up for a couple of songs with the Angels at the Palace in LA in '89. There's a photo with Doc, Axl and Angry Anderson all on stage from this gig. I'm pretty sure I posted it in this forum already, so you can probably find it with a search.