what's slash's beef now?

hi marc you've indicated recently that the beef is now two ways with axl/slash whereas before it was typically one way with axl leading the charge, this is obviously post VR when slash had previously been slagging off in public and then seemingly out of nowhere wanted to reconcile and now has reverted back to ill feelings?

can you please specify what the real issue is?

thanks!

just seems like drama queens at this point

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

Maybe the fact Axl sort of ruined the single greatest thing to happen to either of them and worse yet, Slash can't escape the shadow of it but can't exist without it. Rather than becoming the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith, they became Pink Floyd. Those are decent reasons to be bitter, and I'm sure there are specific incidents we don't know of.

Not to say Slash had no fault in the fall of GNR, but I can certainly see why he'd be upset.

Edited by TeeJay410

Maybe the fact Axl sort of ruined the single greatest thing to happen to either of them and worse yet, Slash can't escape the shadow of it but can't exist without it. Rather than becoming the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith, they became Pink Floyd. Those are decent reasons to be bitter, and I'm sure there are specific incidents we don't know of.

Not to say Slash had no fault in the fall of GNR, but I can certainly see why he'd be upset.

pink floyd....not quite or close

and aerosmith? better than that

i'd say they could've been at led zeppelins level

I was talking in terms of longevity, that rather than touring for decades and releasing music, they, like pink floyd, feature two lead figures who hate one another and refuse to play together while one tours under the original band name.

Hard to say for sure why Slash is now at that level. My guess is that it's more about the fact that enough time has gone by since the fallout 20 years ago and everyone has moved on.

I think because Slash has made a few attempts to still work with Axl in some kind of way and Axl just doesn't want to try to find a way to bury the hatchet between them.

• Like 1

Hard to say for sure why Slash is now at that level. My guess is that it's more about the fact that enough time has gone by since the fallout 20 years ago and everyone has moved on.

I think because Slash has made a few attempts to still work with Axl in some kind of way and Axl just doesn't want to try to find a way to bury the hatchet between them.

Does Slash know the names of current GN´R members? I guess he knows about DJ because they had dinner once or twice. But there is a new Slash interview. When talking about Duff filling in for Tommy Stinson for a few shows. He doesn´t seem to know or remember Tommy´s name.

I don't think the interview quoted everything Slash said. Don't ever take printed interviews for face value. Editors can chop what they want. For instance... Slash could have said: "what's his name... oh yea Tommy Stintson from the Replacements"... but hte editor stopped at "what's his name" because is was sexier... more people would talk about it becaue it would seem as though Slash was being bitter. Camera interviews are much better (but can still be chopped in a similar way, but it would be more obvious).

That being said.. I really wish someone outside of the business would just get these two in a room for the sake of burying the hatchet. I'm 100% sure most of the shit that went down was a result of asshole management. They need to understand each other again.

Edited by zepsun
  • Like 2

honestly...I think Slash moved on, as all other up to 94 line up.

I am surprised ppl are so into Slash not knowing Stinson...

Axl's cover band is hardly Nirvana, Pink Floyd or Foo Fighters..

Do you think Slash know the names of all members in current Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi or Scorpions?

So Marc, would your advice be to NOT put stock into what Craig Duswalt or the Las Vegas guy is saying about a potential reunion in the next few years?

I don't think Craig is in touch with Axl has has not been for years. I wouldn't put my money in that stock anytime soon.

So Marc, would your advice be to NOT put stock into what Craig Duswalt or the Las Vegas guy is saying about a potential reunion in the next few years?

I don't think Craig is in touch with Axl has has not been for years. I wouldn't put my money in that stock anytime soon.

Or ever?

I was talking in terms of longevity, that rather than touring for decades and releasing music, they, like pink floyd, feature two lead figures who hate one another and refuse to play together while one tours under the original band name.

difference is rogers and gilmour have reconciled i saw them do comfortable numb in 2011 incredible!

I bet Slash mostly thinks about his new album and tour. Even if he thinks about Axl, how long is that everyday compared to all day, everyday for Axl? lol. Slash forgets and moves on. Axl doesn't forget anything cause he writes everything down so he can pull it out later. Normal.

Just saying, no mads.

• Like 2

Marc, people keep hoping that Duff will pave the way for Axl and Slash to reconcile, but perhaps it's more likely that Axl will reach out to you. At the very least, Duff could help him see that the classic era wasn't all bad, and maybe he'll come to like your book. Even if he's still at odds with Slash. Do you think this is possible? Or will Axl have to patch things with Slash before he could patch things with you?

Tbh, if he's friends with Duff and Izzy, I don't see why he can't be friends with you. He's now touring with them, how can he say your book is undermining nuGNR!?

Marc, people keep hoping that Duff will pave the way for Axl and Slash to reconcile, but perhaps it's more likely that Axl will reach out to you. At the very least, Duff could help him see that the classic era wasn't all bad, and maybe he'll come to like your book. Even if he's still at odds with Slash. Do you think this is possible? Or will Axl have to patch things with Slash before he could patch things with you?

Tbh, if he's friends with Duff and Izzy, I don't see why he can't be friends with you. He's now touring with them, how can he say your book is undermining nuGNR!?

I think it's only a matter of time. Just need to give Axl that time to rethink his position about the book. He'll come around imo. Maybe when the Chinese project as a whole is properly represented he'll give marc a call or you know, let Marc back in. As far as Slash goes, I remain skeptical.

Edited by Rovim

I don't think Axl would reach out to me even if he somehow realized that Slash was not really to blame for what went down 20 years ago. The problem is he somehow thinks I went bad and that I betrayed him so even if he was willing to work with Slash, he may not want to deal with me anymore. I don't think he would reach out to me but if we ran into each other we would have a lot to talk about and I'm sure things would work itself out between us.

I would like to let him know that I was sorry for not talking to him directly in the end of 2006 regrading my book instead of Del and Beta who were both afraid to tell him that I found a publisher and that my book was finally coming out after 12 years of waiting. I feel that I did make a mistake by not taking care of that my self. I really thought he knew about it but at the same time didn't really want it out at that time but looked the other way because he knew how much it meant to me to get it out there. I think because it turned into a surprise when he intercepted a email that I had sent to Beta about needing Axl's help with the interviews that we were doing for the book, is when I think he felt heart that I had come that far without talking to him about it. I don't really blame him but I also think he should have cooled down 2 weeks after that and at least gave me something to use for the forward. Instead he chose not to work with us and still won't let it go.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

I don't think Axl would reach out to me even if he somehow realized that Slash was not really to blame for what went down 20 years ago. The problem is he somehow thinks I went bad and that I betrayed him so even if he was willing to work with Slash, he may not want to deal with me anymore. I don't think he would reach out to me but if we ran into each other we would have a lot to talk about and I'm sure things would work itself out between us.

I would like to let him know that I was sorry for not talking to him directly in the end of 2006 regrading my book instead of Del and Beta who were both afraid to tell him that I found a publisher and that my book was finally coming out after 12 years of waiting. I feel that I did make a mistake by not taking care of that my self. I really thought he knew about it but at the same time didn't really want it out at that time but looked the other way because he knew how much it meant to me to get it out there. I think because it turned into a surprise when he intercepted a email that I had sent to Beta about needing Axl's help with the interviews that we were doing for the book, is when I think he felt heart that I had come that far without talking to him about it. I don't really blame him but I also think he should have cooled down 2 weeks after that and at least gave me something to use for the forward. Instead he chose not to work with us and still won't let it go.

I can't believe Beta and Del pulled that bullshit of not passing your messages on to Axl. What the fuck? I don't claim to be an insider or know them personally or anything like that but it sounds to me like they were afraid Ax would start feeling more optimistic towards the old band if he endorsed your book and they didn't wanna run the chance of a reunion cuz they know if a reunion ever does truly happen, they wouldn't have any hand in it in any way. It'd be above them

I can't believe Beta and Del pulled that bullshit of not passing your messages on to Axl. What the fuck? I don't claim to be an insider or know them personally or anything like that but it sounds to me like they were afraid Ax would start feeling more optimistic towards the old band if he endorsed your book and they didn't wanna run the chance of a reunion cuz they know if a reunion ever does truly happen, they wouldn't have any hand in it in any way. It'd be above them

I didn't ask them to pass on the word. If I did Del would have but Beta still would not have. Del is pretty open with Axl and could talk about anything. Beta is always trying to protect him from his own shadow. If Axl was going to come over my house, Beta would call first and tell my wife "tell Marc not to talk about Slash" but a lot of the times we would because Axl used to like to vent about what was going on with what Slash had did or said around that time. I just thought that they would have told him something like "by the way I saw Canter today at the gig and he found a publisher for his book". It doesn't matter because it was my fault for not handling it myself. The truth is that it could have been a bit touchy if I took care of it and I was kind of hoping that they would have brought it up first. In the end a great piece of well documented GNR history was made available to the fans and a strong friendship was broken because of it. So I'm very proud of the book but hurt from the broken friendship.

I didn't ask them to pass on the word. If I did Del would have but Beta still would not have. Del is pretty open with Axl and could talk about anything. Beta is always trying to protect him from his own shadow. If Axl was going to come over my house, Beta would call first and tell my wife "tell Marc not to talk about Slash" but a lot of the times we would because Axl used to like to vent about what was going on with what Slash had did or said around that time. I just thought that they would have told him something like "by the way I saw Canter today at the gig and he found a publisher for his book". It doesn't matter because it was my fault for not handling it myself. The truth is that it could have been a bit touchy if I took care of it and I was kind of hoping that they would have brought it up first. In the end a great piece of well documented GNR history was made available to the fans and a strong friendship was broken because of it. So I'm very proud of the book but hurt from the broken friendship.

Marc, what it really sounds like is Axl is being such a baby that it actually makes the people that "did something wrong" rethink their actions and those people start believing they actually did something wrong. Its like Axl's so mad that he actually makes you think you're at fault, when really he is just being a child. The guy is 50+ fucking years old. Its amazing how he's still as sensitive as any 17 year old boy would be. It sounds like you have nothing to be blamed for and that Axl is using the same excuse he's been using since 1991 ("I didn't know all this was going on"). Ironically it actually sounds like that defense applies more to you than it does to him in this scenario.

ya dude tough one eh

im sure you wish you would've told him straight up

were you a bit scared of how his reaction would be?

i bought your book btw

ya dude tough one eh

im sure you wish you would've told him straight up

were you a bit scared of how his reaction would be?

i bought your book btw

I was going to tell him at the gigs they played in Los Angeles in the end of 2006 but I didn't see him and that is why I told Del and Beta. I was a bit nerves but I was ready to talk to him about what was going on. The problem was I had my family with me and they were not going to wait all night for Axl to come out. We did wait about an hour after the gig. I still didn't expect him to cut me out of his life. I have seen him cut people out before but I thought we had a stronger friendship the would last a life time. I also think he was influenced by someone else a bit in making that decision. I don't know who but I don't think Axl would have done that on his own. Edited by recklessroad