Axl is on Budweiser advertising

Can't win for losing, Axl's rustling jimmies for being active and in a commerical ad. FFS.

IMHO it is mostly blow back to all the Slash haters who are always calling him a media whore so the reaction is not surprising.......... :shrugs:

Also didn't Axl make some snarky comments about Slash's publicity seeking at some point?

Thing is, Axl just got off a tour and how many commercials can you count on one hand that Axl has done in the past 10 years? This is rare and people still can't be pleased. Don't get it. This is something positive and people will always find a way to spin it into negativity because it's Axl fucking Rose.

lol Budweiser

Not a fan their beer myself but somehow I don't think Anheuser Busch cares what we think about their products considering they had 11 of the top 20 selling beers, and I use that word loosely in their case, in 2013................. :shrugs:

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/gallery/22721

Considering I live in a country where I'm virtually surrounded by great tasting beers from major and indi companies, it's a safe bet that Anheuser Busch matters not to me one way or the other.

:shrugs:

Can't win for losing, Axl's rustling jimmies for being active and in a commerical ad. FFS.

IMHO it is mostly blow back to all the Slash haters who are always calling him a media whore so the reaction is not surprising.......... :shrugs:

Also didn't Axl make some snarky comments about Slash's publicity seeking at some point?

Thing is, Axl just got off a tour and how many commercials can you count on one hand that Axl has done in the past 10 years? This is rare and people still can't be pleased. Don't get it. This is something positive and people will always find a way to spin it into negativity because it's Axl fucking Rose.

Human Nature mate.......these things will always end up being an Axl vs. Slash thing especially as Axl fans love call Slash a media whore and throw the "integrity" word around regarding Axl and there are some who think an artist selling their music for commercials tarnishes their "integrity"............ :shrugs:

I love your sig man. U like Bad Santa?

Human Nature mate.......these things will always end up being an Axl vs. Slash thing especially as Axl fans love call Slash a media whore and throw the "integrity" word around regarding Axl and there are some who think an artist selling their music for commercials tarnishes their "integrity"............ :shrugs:

In this day and age, there is no shame in making money as a musician. It's also a job, like every other. People seem to forget that.

• Like 1

lol Budweiser

Not a fan their beer myself but somehow I don't think Anheuser Busch cares what we think about their products considering they had 11 of the top 20 selling beers, and I use that word loosely in their case, in 2013................. :shrugs:

Considering I live in a country where I'm virtually surrounded by great tasting beers from major and indi companies, it's a safe bet that Anheuser Busch matters not to me one way or the other.

Trust me I am with you and have not drank any Busch products for close to 20 years now and only drink micobrews when I want a good beer but lets face it they sell a shit load of beer so someone must like it.............. :shrugs: ............they are the MacDonalds of beer...it may not be great stuff but people seem to lap it up..............

lol Budweiser

Trust me I am with you and have not drank any Busch products for close to 20 years now and only drink micobrews when I want a good beer but lets face it they sell a shit load of beer so someone must like it.............. :shrugs: ............they are the MacDonalds of beer...it may not be great stuff but people seem to lap it up..............

Agreed, but if Axl endorsing Budweiser is somehow supposed to make me want to start drinking it, that's just not going to happen.

lol Budweiser

Agreed, but if Axl endorsing Budweiser is somehow supposed to make me want to start drinking it, that's just not going to happen.

Maybe not you but I have no doubt somebody in South America is now drinking Budweiser after seeing Axl in that Commercial................ :P

lol Budweiser

Maybe not you but I have no doubt somebody in South America is now drinking Budweiser after seeing Axl in that Commercial................ :P

Perhaps, that's not for me to say. I was commenting from my perspective.

Ha. You know I followed axl all these years because I loved his beliefs and integrity.

It's obvious this isn't the same axl. What a shame, he's cashing out. I don't know, maybe he has to, maybe he needs the money but the mystery is gone.

The era of vegas axl is in and I don't buy it.

That lifetime achievement award was well timed , it signalled the end of an era.

• Like 1

Ha. You know I followed axl all these years because I loved his beliefs and integrity.

It's obvious this isn't the same axl. What a shame, he's cashing out. I don't know, maybe he has to, maybe he needs the money but the mystery is gone.

The era of vegas axl is in and I don't buy it.

That lifetime achievement award was well timed , it signalled the end of an era.

Yeah, Axl is the first musician that used his celebrity status to make some quick money. Reputation ruined. And fuck John Lydon for making that butter commercial too.

Awesome commercial. Slash fans don't want to accept the fact that Axl is in the spotlight.

Hopefully the mods have asked you to play nice as well. Got a public warning for saying I won't buy the new GNR DVD. The leader of the Axl Defense Force says a lot of worse things than that.

• Like 1

I like it , and i think that it is good that he does it now and again...but if u were a fan of GNR back in 90s and then you have stoped fallowing them, would u recognize AXL at the end ? or would u say who is that guy?

Fans always think it is great when artists sell their music to them. But as soon as an artist sells their music to corporations that is "selling out".

To me, selling out would be someone who endorses a product that they would never use themselves. If Axl drinks Bud, I hope he got a lifetime supply and taps open the keg of Bud at future GNR concerts. If I was endorsing Bud and had a thirsty crowd, damn right I'd be handing out cups to the crowd the way he handed the donuts out.

Haha the guys from Vision of Disorder make fun of the Axl Budweiser commercial in their newest Dead Bloated Morrison podcast (episode 20). It starts at 4:30. Check it out on iTunes if you are curious.