Axl is on Budweiser advertising

All this integrity talk because he did a beer ad where one of his songs were used? Where the fuck does this harms one's integrity? I think many of you need to save some money to tend to your sandy vaginas. He raises a bottle of beer and nods, that's all he fucking does. I wonder how immaculate your behaviour is, and how many financially interesting offers that do not involve harming anybody (only PC, a bit) you paladins of integrity refuse daily.

• Like 2

All this integrity talk because he did a beer ad where one of his songs were used? Where the fuck does this harms one's integrity? I think many of you need to save some money to tend to your sandy vaginas. He raises a bottle of beer and nods, that's all he fucking does. I wonder how immaculate your behaviour is, and how many financially interesting offers that do not involve harming anybody (only PC, a bit) you paladins of integrity refuse daily.

they are just mad cos Slash got there first by recording this shit:

At least Axl's band got the HULK!

Guest Gunns

I wonder if hes gonna crack open that tall blonde standing next to him in the sequel to this commercial, no bottle opener needed though

Well cheesy...but I'm glad he's putting himself out there. It's progress of sorts and a sign that hopefully he isn't ready to jack it all in.

This is my positive take on it as well ^_^

Plus, he looks kind of cool in that gif Nosaj posted. Yes, I know I'm a bit pathetic.

+1

I'm starting to appreciate the OG biker thing he's got going.

After a few listens - is this maybe from the circa-1999 re-recording of Appetite for Destruction?

I doubt Axl would go into the studio to record part of the song just for a beer commercial

His vocals at 1:52 are not from the original album

Edited by TheSeeker

It's the Axl fanatics who always bring up integrity, namely that he has it and Slash doesn't, so it's only fitting they're reminded of that when shit like this happens.

After a few listens - is this maybe from the circa-1999 re-recording of Appetite for Destruction?

I doubt Axl would go into the studio to record part of the song just for a beer commercial

my bet is GNR has nothing to do with this recording, i mean, those guys release things like TWAT or Prostitute, not this kind of shit.

It's only Axl cameo and right to use Paradise City going on.

I wonder how many more adverts Axl will do now, he hasn't exactly done many nor has much in way of endorsements, if any, it does harm his perceived integrity on some level. Integrity and advertisement is a strange correlation in the civilized jungle though, there's the odd advert/endorsement then there's relying on external money and motivations to gain cash as opposed to working hard to make more through your artistic platform.

It's the Axl fanatics who always bring up integrity, namely that he has it and Slash doesn't, so it's only fitting they're reminded of that when shit like this happens.

Still, i miss the loss of integrity from Axl after watching that ad. It's not like he's releasing a rerecorded rap shit or something.

these are the kind of activities the record company looks at and goes, "ya know this guy might play a little ball on promotion, lets see if has some music worth releasing"

being an iconoclast does not get people to take chances on you when a shit load of money is involved. Unless you are 1990 popular, but that's hard to come by.

Still, i miss the loss of integrity from Axl after watching that ad. It's not like he's releasing a rerecorded rap shit or something.

It's not so much a loss of integrity due to this particular ad as it is that Axl has no more integrity than any other celebrity out to make a buck. It wouldn't be a big deal if the narrative wasn't about how much artistic integrity Axl has. Oh yeah? So much so that he licenses his songs to be turned into rap shit commercial for a mega-corporation for the biggest sporting event in the world? OK. :rofl-lol:

Wonder when we'll see Ashba in a monster energy or jager video, barely anyone will recognize Axl in that so they wasted whatever money they paid him. When DJ shows up he'll have a big ass sign saying 'LEAD GUITARIST OF GNR, BUY MY SWAG' though.

If Axl has no integrity for this commercial then I would hate to see Slash's level of integrity at this point :lol:

Seriously? It's really not that bad. Axl isn't performing the awful "rendition" of the song, so I don't see the big deal. Celebrities make appearances in commercials all the time, and it is a commercial in Brazil where a lot more people praise and recognize him.

Just another mole-hill made into a mountain, it seems.

• Like 3

If Axl has no integrity for this commercial then I would hate to see Slash's level of integrity at this point :lol:

Seriously? It's really not that bad. Axl isn't performing the awful "rendition" of the song, so I don't see the big deal. Celebrities make appearances in commercials all the time, and it is a commercial in Brazil where a lot more people praise and recognize him.

Just another mole-hill made into a mountain, it seems.

You're missing the point entirely.

• Like 2

It's not so much a loss of integrity due to this particular ad as it is that Axl has no more integrity than any other celebrity out to make a buck. It wouldn't be a big deal if the narrative wasn't about how much artistic integrity Axl has. Oh yeah? So much so that he licenses his songs to be turned into rap shit commercial for a mega-corporation for the biggest sporting event in the world? OK. :rofl-lol:

Im ok with that. I even wish Slash's parashit city was the World Cup theme instead of that fucking song by Pitbull and Jennifer del Estero.