Gangsta Rap

Snake-Pit

Werent he looking out for his brother or something? Clearly 139 and Lennox is the danger zone..

That's exactly where he got killed too.

I'm pretty sure his brother was doing time. And someone had beef with his brother so they killed L when they couldn't get to his brother. Something like that..

Yeah. His brother was in prison and it was get back for him. Did him wrong too. Got shot like 9 times in the head and chest.

That reminds me...I need to add Dj Muggs to my producer list. He was great.

Yeah. The album he did with GZA "Grandmasters" was a great return to form and came out of left field back when. I had left Cypress Hill behind when they went through that metal and spanish phase and Wu-Tang wasn't all that hot at the time either so this was a nice surprise at the time.

Edited by Bumblefeet

Dude. Get Muggs presents soul assassins volume 1. AMAZING ALBUM. You won't b disappointed.

One of those albums I've always seen around but never checked it out. I will though. I heard the one with GZA that was good.

Classic Muggs

This.

2nd album wasn't as good but this was pretty much an instant classic...

So many ppl are on that soul assassins album. That was my intro to goodie mob. C lo has such s tight verse on decisions decisions.

I urge any hip hop head who has never heard the album to get it one way or another. Do yourself a favor Jdog. Hoping Lenny will too..

I can tell you guys are into good hip hop. Esp cuz we're like the only three who consistently post in this thread. Heard the other soul assassins weren't as good, but vol 1 is classic.

Edited by drtydane
  • Like 1

G Funk Classics, that album was sick. 'I'll bring the bag of weeeeeeeed' :lol:

Yeah it's great. The 213 album got overlooked but was pretty damn good too...

It's decent. Should have released it in 94 and stuck to the old formula. I don't think warren g produced a single song on that album. Could have been so much better had they done it ten years earlier..

G Funk Classics, that album was sick. 'I'll bring the bag of weeeeeeeed' :lol:

Yeah it's great. The 213 album got overlooked but was pretty damn good too...

It's decent. Should have released it in 94 and stuck to the old formula. I don't think warren g produced a single song on that album. Could have been so much better had they done it ten years earlier..

Oh it would have been a whole different album, probably another classic, if they had done it in the Death Row days.

Warren G should have produced the whole thing. A lot of the production sounded cheap or lazy or something. But the good ones were good...MLK, Lil Girl, Joysticc, I'm Fly, Mary Jane.

Warren G goes on that producer list. Love his sound. This is Nate's last song too.

Was watching an interview where Snoop was talking about how he never snatched up Crook' cuz he had Kurupt and he was better...opinions?

Crooked vs Kurupt is tough. But Kurupt the Kingpin Young Gotti is my boy.

Now I love Crooked, he's a beast. He has a mixtape series where he dropped a freestyle every week for a year that is hard as hell. But hes so much more of a freestyle/battle rap guy that it doesn't equal great songs. A lot of guys like him are like that. I mean he makes good songs but I don't know it's hard to explain.

Kurupt is a beast too. He can hang with anybody with the freestyle/battle rap thing plus he can make great songs. On one of those old songs he's going off about fuckin up your chromosomes and atmosphere. He was lyrical as hell.

• Like 1

Trivia: 213 The Hard Way is a play on the title of the blaxploitation movie 3 the Hard Way, starring Jim Kelly, Jim Brown and Fred Williamson. That album Rae, Ghost and Meth made was gonna be called 3 The Hard Way too.

Edited by Len B'stard