Gangsta Rap

Snake-Pit

You never asked me! :lol:

Kurupt man, all day long. Not cuz Crooks flows is any weaker...but it is less original, nobody quite sounds like Kurupt. The Streetz Iz A Mutha is an underrated gem too.

Crook' is a monster though! I think Snoop werent happy with him cuz his was on Death Row.

Snoop is a G though, the way he took on Suge. For all the mouthing off Dre, Em', Fif' etc etc do (and i have tremendous respect for Fif too) they always picked the weaker beef and tried to pretend the shit werent really happening. Snoop and various members of Tha Dogg Pound (albeit at different times) went for Suge. Snoop even made a point of it to them, while you're all going at Ja you're ignoring the real one over here.

Suge even met Xzibit once and he basically pleaded for mercy, saying he werent Snoops friend and only made music with him. Thats where the line in Pimp Slapp'd 'im not Xzibit, you cant pull my hoe card' comes from.

He had a point too, dont you think? Them all acting hard over fuckin' Murder Inc and theres Suge mugging them all off and not a word is said cept by my man Snoop.

Not that i think Fif' feared Suge, he was just smart, he knew Dre was a fair weather friend and that was more a Dre beef and he was more Em's man.

He even said in an interview that he never saw anyone scared of someone like Dre was of Suge. Suge showed up at the In Da Club video shoot and Fif' said everyone, like even camera men left. Fif' took his strap and him Yayo and Banks went outside and was like 'stay across the street cuz i dunno none of that shit you talkin', i dunno why THEY was runnin' but im right here'

*stands and applauds Fif'*

Only other person to stick with em was Big Proof, another underrated character, Searching for Jerry Garcia was sick.

• Like 1

You can't fuck with Snoop. I know people like to rag him since he really has become this huge celeb figure. But he's the real deal.

Yeah those boys were going after Ja and Dupri Cannibus. Dogg Pound weren't scared of anybody either. They fell right in on the beef with Eazy and Ruthless, and went at Suge. I didn't know that about XZ and Suge. But Snoop's not the first one to call Xzibit out on stuff.

And Searching for Jerry Garcia was so overlooked it's not even funny.

He was talkin some shit tho, he aint a real G, in his testimony on the murder trial he said 'im not a gang member, ive never shot anyone', what do you expect him to say you stupid motherfucker, hes up for murder 1!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fbRwMPwbvng

Apparently he was offended by the Todd character cuz hes half white. Check out what the callers say tho, hilairious :lol:

Stars a bitch though, did you clock that thing with Ebro where hes looking for Rosenberg to slap him?

Daz does the chorus for lil ghetto boy but I think the video shows it as Nate dogg..

R u sure? Thats a sample isn't it?

Oh you mean that little Jamaican accent thing? I never thought about it, didn't think it was Daz...I guess i just supposed it was some Jamaican fella :lol: Never thought it was Nate though :lol:

Snoop kills it on that song. He's almost slept on in terms of his flow, it might not be super intricate but it's smooth, it's got this really unique delivery rhythm that is close to Slick Rick but like...it don't benefit from the comparison, it's got something uniquely it's own there, he don't get enough credit for it i reckon. And really it's arguably like...it was really love so i hear down South, J you could tell better than me and you could see why, he wouldn't sound out of place having a conversation with TI.

Makes sense of the NO connection too :D I don't give a fuck, those were two sick albums, Still A G Thang will ALWAYS be a classic to me!

Top Dollar with the gold flea colour, dippin' in my blue Impala! :lol: I saw my old high school study book in an old box the other day and it had that scratched across it with a compass, which shows what kinda dickhead i was in school :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Snoop kills it on that song. He's almost slept on in terms of his flow, it might not be super intricate but it's smooth, it's got this really unique delivery rhythm that is close to Slick Rick but like...it don't benefit from the comparison, it's got something uniquely it's own there, he don't get enough credit for it i reckon. And really it's arguably like...it was really love so i hear down South, J you could tell better than me and you could see why, he wouldn't sound out of place having a conversation with TI.

Makes sense of the NO connection too :D I don't give a fuck, those were two sick albums, Still A G Thang will ALWAYS be a classic to me!

Top Dollar with the gold flea colour, dippin' in my blue Impala! :lol: I saw my old high school study book in an old box the other day and it had that scratched across it with a compass, which shows what kinda dickhead i was in school :lol:

Snoop is legend in the south. He fits right in. He always gets love and gets ranked high. Actually the south and west have always been like, distant relatives. Their sound has always been closer than say to the east coast. Even going back to Scarface and Geto Boys or No Limit or old Outkast, musically if you had to choose you would have to say it sounds more west than east. Even the rapping, where the east is on more lyrical mc shit, and the west was more what you got to say.

All them boys fit in down south. Snoop, Daz, Pac, Too Short, E-40, Game. It's just a mutual feeling kind of thing.

Snoop joined No Limit and was automatically accepted as family.

Pac and Scarface were like, legit real deal home boys.

Edited by J Dog